• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
55fan

Alex Mason

Rate this topic

Makes you wonder why we don't see more people try that move or something similar from time to time.

I like how this kid thinks...his regular breakaway shots kept getting stuffed as he said, so he simply thought about it and came up with this great solution.

It's nice, and I like lacrosse style goals, but there is a reason you don't see much of that in the NHL.

You can't score lacrosse goals in the NHL, they are illegal. Even if they weren't... you couldn't because you would get lit up if you tried. I mean destroyed.

Having watched this, I wouldn't consider this a lacrosse style goal. Good goal. Pavel will do it soon.

Okay, after seeing this goal with decent quality, he did lift that up and throw it like a lacrosse goal. It would not have counted in the NHL or NCAA and practically every league in-between.

You can't score lacrosse goals in the NHL, they are illegal. Even if they weren't... you couldn't because you would get lit up if you tried. I mean destroyed.

Having watched this, I wouldn't consider this a lacrosse style goal. Good goal. Pavel will do it soon.

Okay, after seeing this goal with decent quality, he did lift that up and throw it like a lacrosse goal. It would not have counted in the NHL or NCAA and practically every league in-between.

Huh ? I was under the impression that as long as your stick isn't above the bar you can do that.

The lacrosse-like move whereby the puck is picked up on the blade of the stick and “whipped” into the net shall be permitted provided the puck is not raised above the height of the shoulders at any time and when released, is not carried higher than the crossbar. See also 80.1.

Edited by wingfan13

Makes you wonder why we don't see more people try that move or something similar from time to time.

I like how this kid thinks...his regular breakaway shots kept getting stuffed as he said, so he simply thought about it and came up with this great solution.

Not that I am a UofM fan, but this was pretty awesome when it happened...

Lacrosse style goals are permitted so long as the player does not lift the stick above the cross bar, doing so would render the play dead as they would then be playing the puck with a high-stick.