• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/19 GDT : Sharks 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Would you have rather he turtled? I'm not sure he had much of a chance to decline. Further, he got a whistle with the Sharks pressuring in the Wings' zone, and took a top-6 player off the ice for 5min.

The Sharks had no energy up until that point, and seeing Clowe fight and get mad sparked them to get their second goal.

It was a poorly timed fight. Good intentions, but just not the best time to go for it.

Great game between 2 great teams. My only 2 problem today was the refs and the top 2 lines. I am still calling for Pavs and Hank to play together because the top 2 lines just do not have energy and are not establishing much pressure the past few games. Nonetheless another win and an outstanding performance on the D side of the puck from everyone on the Wings.

Now the refs. I don't know why but it feels that anytime we play the Sharks or the Hawks we ALWAYS get the short end of calls and, more importantly, we get called for garbage, while they get away with obvious penalties consistently. For example, in the 3rd period the refs missed 2 CLEAR high sticks by the sharks which should have been penalties. The argument to that is the game is a fast paced game so it is easy to miss that, but my argument is that how did the refs manage to see that "interference" on Franzen even though it did not even happen? Simply put, I am sick and tired of the refs playing too much of a role in our games against the Sharks the past few seasons.

Great game by McDonald and the Helm line.

Abby shouldn't have fought Clowe though. He threw a clean hit and with the Wings up 3-1 had no reason to engage him. Getting dummied by Clowe isn't going to help win the game.

He did stop the play while the Sharks had the puck in the offensive zone. He also took one of the Sharks top-scorers off the ice for the last 5min. If you watch the replay, you see that Clowe interferes as Abby skates into the zone- Abby may have thought he would draw the instigator. Compared to many of the instigators called this season, it would make sense.

Watching the replay, Abby managed to duck most of Clowe's punches.