• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/19 GDT : Sharks 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

according to the sharks gdt the wings were gifted this game LOL

I don't know what reffing standards are they used to, but Walkom did a fair number of weak calls to hand the Sharks game back.

anyway... good win, but also kudos to Sharks for doing their best to close the game despite being tired and decimated by injuries. at some point it was their legs, not hearts, where the game was lost...

Watched this poolside from my Florida vacation rental. Great 1st and 3rd periods for the Wings.

Great to beat the Chokes.

Thanks to the freeredwings.tv stream for the great stream....donation coming as soon as I get home.

Watched this poolside from my Florida vacation rental. Great 1st and 3rd periods for the Wings.

Great to beat the Chokes.

Thanks to the freeredwings.tv stream for the great stream....donation coming as soon as I get home.

I guess nobody told you that NBC.com was streaming the game - free.

I guess nobody told you that NBC.com was streaming the game - free.

No, and AFN was only showing the Buffalo game, with hints of the Blackcawks here and there.

I, too, need to donate, as I was scrambling to find the game while entertaining a 3-year old in the tub, and helping the wife with the newborn. :ph34r:

He did stop the play while the Sharks had the puck in the offensive zone. He also took one of the Sharks top-scorers off the ice for the last 5min. If you watch the replay, you see that Clowe interferes as Abby skates into the zone- Abby may have thought he would draw the instigator. Compared to many of the instigators called this season, it would make sense.

Watching the replay, Abby managed to duck most of Clowe's punches.

Abby almost got a reverse-Gordie Howe hat trick that game: he lost a fight that swung momentum and scored on his own net! laugh.gif

great win for the boys although it was eveident that we were being out muscled in various parts of the game.

also we need the 4th line to be able to ice more than the ave 6 mins, as Babs obviously isnt 100% confident

against the better sides. Hoepfully this may be seen by Kenny as an area to address. Not sure we really need

another guy on the back end, unless an unbelievable deal comes along.

Maybe Moen and Gaustad to address the issue would be all we need?

Wings played more than OK. Even with the refs' iffy calls, they won.

Joey McD did his part and saved 'our' butts more than once. And it was a great call on Babcock's part to put him in this game. It wouldn't be fair to Howie to put that kind of pressure on him especially when he's still battling his injury. And Joey earned the call.

Now, boyz - Go hassle the hated Hawks till you give 'em hemorrhoids. At the least, it'll be harder for them to skate. :)

Of course here we got that swell Sabres vs Penguins game which pissed me off enough I switched over to the MSU basketball game (Sparty On!) for stretches.

Oh, and I want to give a shout out to all the raucous Joe Louis Arena crowds anymore. You can tell people. You're incredibly engaged from the hop and there's a new energy the last 18 months that is SO AWESOME to see and hear. Did you hear yourselves the other night almost bust the Nashville crowd mics?

http://video.predators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,862&event=DET449&fr=false

Smashville's feed could barely hear the horn over you people. I for one would like to give a standing ovation to any and all of you making this happen. It's magnificent to see the fanbase take it to a level I honestly haven't seen in years.

:clap:

Cleary needs to stay off that third line. Sorry, but I wish we could trade him. He isn't horrible, but at this point we have better top 6 players than him and better bottom six players than him. Using him to get Selanne or a Moen type player would be perfect.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Miller with another great game. Good on Abby for taking on Clowe at the end of the game. I really like his game, lately. No reason to have anyone in there besides J-Mac right now. Rest Howard for the playoffs, and as long as he plays great, keep him in there. f*** the Sharks. 23 in a row! :siren:

Miller with another great game. Good on Abby for taking on Clowe at the end of the game. I really like his game, lately. No reason to have anyone in there besides J-Mac right now. Rest Howard for the playoffs, and as long as he plays great, keep him in there. f*** the Sharks. 23 in a row! :siren:

Jimmy needs to get back in game shape though. I think if he is 100% he should play against the Hawks and then again against Vancouver to get himself a lot of shots and get back into shape. They can play goalie 1a and 1b the rest of the way, but lets not sit Jimmy just for the sake of sitting him, he may come up rusty in the payoffs then...

Darren Helm is quickly becoming my favorite player. What an absolute beast he is!!!

If he had better hands he'd definitely be a first liner. So fast and gets a lot of good chances he just can't seem to get it past the goalie

Guest irishock

Cleary needs to stay off that third line. Sorry, but I wish we could trade him. He isn't horrible, but at this point we have better top 6 players than him and better bottom six players than him. Using him to get Selanne or a Moen type player would be perfect.

I don't think Cleary needs to get off the third line. He's perfect for that role. He's the veteran guy with Helm and Miller and we'd have more depth with Abby centering the fourth line.