• Please log in to reply
579 replies to this topic

#161 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

Walkom with another screw job call. Bert was pushed into him. Nice objective call by Pang, if Ed Blowsidsdyck was calling it he'd have been screaming for Bert to get a game misconduct. Look for a 5 on 3 early in the second if Walkom is true to form.

Edited by TheXym, 19 February 2012 - 01:16 PM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#162 ValpoHockey

ValpoHockey

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Because of the Packers?

This, and rivalries in baseball as well. Many people from Wisconsin refuse to go to Brewers/Cubs games because of the drunk, vile, obnoxious Cubs fans. When the Brewers were selling out every game the last two months of the season, they actually had a lot of trouble getting people to go to a weekend Cubs series. They get into fights, boo their own players, and can't handle their alcohol. I was actually at a Bucks/Bulls game a couple weeks ago where the Bulls fan behind me was screaming 'DDD ROOSSEEE' during the National Anthem. Others were also booing bucks players when shown on the video board throughout the anthem. The Packers/Bears rivalry obviously also runs deep here, and has been around since the 1920's.

I think the emergence of the Blackhawks has actually lead a lot of people to embrace the Red Wings or Canucks. I don't see that strong of a Blackhawks backing here, unless they are native to Illinois. There's a lot of Red Wings fans here, as well as Predator fans (minor league affiliate here), Capitals, and Penguins fans (they're also on TV all the time).

#163 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Oh great. Walkom's one of the refs. Look for a goal to get called back and a lot of sketchy calls.

Nice hit, Stuie.

You, sir, are a prophet.
RIP #24

#164 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Kronwall why did you not shoot that?! He passed it back and had all the time in the world to shoot
  • Nev likes this

#165 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

First of all, I am not surprised by that penalty call on Bert... dont forget the refs always favor the Sharks against the Wings... remember 2010 playoffs.

Anyways as for the game, the Wings played decent in the first, but I think that they can be a lot better than that. The top line did nothing for me. I do not understand why Babcock is so damn hard headed... he put Datsyuk and Zetterberg together last game and that was the only reason we won the game... but then he goes back to the same stale lines for this game. The Red Wings have been playing well in our own zone, but our problem is that we cannot get any good pressure or scoring chances because the lines are stale! Babcock needs to keep Pavs and Hank together!

#166 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Its a horrible call if you have instant replay. I can understand why it was called watching it in real time.

I can't.

Goalie was out of the crease by a wide margin and two players were battling hard in front of him and the way the goalie fell was not indicative of a typical goalie interference call.

If he was in his crease and that scenario happened, then maybe I could see the call.

You, sir, are a prophet.

Eddie hates all refs :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#167 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

Missed the 1st period, glad to see the Wings with the lead.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#168 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

It is absurd how much better this broadcast is with Ken Daniels doing the play.

I estimate it is 74 trillion 800 and four-two times better.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#169 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Can these loser f***up Blackhawks do one damn thing right and beat the Blues for crying out loud? It's 1-0 Blues after one...
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#170 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

I can't.

Goalie was out of the crease by a wide margin and two players were battling hard in front of him and the way the goalie fell was not indicative of a typical goalie interference call.

If he was in his crease and that scenario happened, then maybe I could see the call.

You do know that the goalie has a privileged area outside the crease correct? Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree. Watching it in real time, I could see how it could have been called.

Darren Pang said it best after it was called. Its a sensitive issue, and that could have been called either way. I understand that.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#171 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Can these loser f***up Blackhawks do one damn thing right and beat the Blues for crying out loud? It's 1-0 Blues after one...

They'll beat the Rangers and Jackets but they won't beat the one team that doesn't seem to lose
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#172 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

You know, as much as I loved the Pierre getting Kronwalled idea, I like Walkom getting it better. Hell a cardboard cutout of Kerry Fraser would do a better job. And I say that actually liking Fraser as a ref. His book the Final Call is a good read and his column on TSN.ca is awesome.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#173 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Oh there is Mike Milbury to ruin my thoughts that this is a classy broadcast.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#174 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Blues have only allowed four shots. Only allowed 13 last night :| I really hate them

#175 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

You do know that the goalie has a privileged area outside the crease correct? Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree. Watching it in real time, I could see how it could have been called.

Darren Pang said it best after it was called. Its a sensitive issue, and that could have been called either way. I understand that.

People get this misconception that if a goalie is out of the crease, he is fair game. In that situation the goalie was planted for a good 1-2 seconds before bert skates into him. Sadly I have to say it was a good call, because as much as bert was being forced into the goalie, he made no effort to avoid him.

#176 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

Blues have only allowed four shots. Only allowed 13 last night :| I really hate them

They also don't score all that much.

#177 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

They win with 1 or 2 goals. It seems like we're the only team that beats them

#178 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Datsyukian like deke by Miller to gain the zone there. It's nice to see him playing with such confidence.

yeah, shame it bounced right off helms Stick :(
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#179 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

Managable when you've got the best GAA in the league.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#180 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

Ah, their PP is #3