• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MannyMaltby3418

MAC-SANITY!

Rate this topic

I don't see how you can take Joey Mac out of the net until he loses. I like Jimmy, but as Mickey would say, MAC is "hotter than a firecracker" right now. Lets ride J-MAC until he loses a game!

I'm torn between my man-love for Joe Mac and my man-love for Jimmy. I have to give the edge to Jimmy, though, and throw in Joey once in a while. Conklin can go away, though.

With Joey Mac playing so well Babcock should make sure Howard is healthy before he plays, so as not to reinjure himself.

I think Howard is probably close to having the finger healed, but he might be rusty after sitting. Joey really MACimizes our chances to win and to continue the home streak. :thumbup:

Edited by MannyMaltby3418

I would like to see Jimmy start in Chicago Tuesday and give the start against the Nucks to Mac. Jimmy will likely be rusty his first couple games so, as dumb as it sounds, I don't want to jeapardize our home streak to start a rusty goalie... I would rather Mac play against the Nucks. As said, Mac should really continue to play until he loses because he simply deserves it.

I still like Conks, but given the performance of Jimmy and Joey this year, I have to go with them. I don't want to kick Ty to the curb; I want to wish him well and hope that he finds somewhere that he is happy, where ever it is that he goes.

Of course, as soon as Joey loses a couple of games, he'll be a bum and people will murmur against him. 'Tis the nature of the beast in Detroit.

But for now, I'm loving what he's doing and I'm glad that he's doing it right now.

I don't know about sitting a healthy Howard for MacDonald, but ya, I do believe we will no backup goalie issues come next season....Howard/MacDonald....set.

Everytime Joey wins I can here him saying... "I'm the migity migity migity migity migity migity Mac!"

edit: Sorry, showing my age there. No Kriss Kross fans left around eh? :lol:

Edited by LeftWinger

MAC AND CHEESE

BIG MAC

MICHAEL MAC-SON

MAC-ING PEANUTS

MAC-INTOSH

MAC-IAVVELI

MAC-XICAN

COMPLETE MAC-OVER

SSSS-MACING PUMPKINS

MAC-UUM CLEANER

AR-MAC-GEDDON

MAC-CIDENT

I-MAC-ULATE CONCEPTION

"OH THE HU-MAC-ITY"

I like the "MACulate conception" and "oh the huMACity". I'm not sure if you made this up or if you got them from somewhere but these are great.

I never thought there would be a day when we would argue about J-Mac over Howard but the day has come! J-Mac is playing great right now and is giving Jimmah(!) the rest he needs to heal. I'm sure he'll be a little rusty when he gets back into game speeds but he has been practicing and taking shots in practice!

MAC AND CHEESE

BIG MAC

MICHAEL MAC-SON

MAC-ING PEANUTS

MAC-INTOSH

MAC-IAVVELI

MAC-XICAN

COMPLETE MAC-OVER

SSSS-MACING PUMPKINS

MAC-UUM CLEANER

AR-MAC-GEDDON

MAC-CIDENT

I-MAC-ULATE CONCEPTION

"OH THE HU-MAC-ITY"

I like Mighty Mac and am sticking with it. For two reasons the Mackinac bridge is a big landmark in MI, and has the nickname "Mighty Mac". The other is it is written on his mask, with the Mackinac Bridge. :lol:

joey-macdonald-mask-07jpg-094321e63fabb848.jpg

Edited by MTU_Huskies963

It doesn't bother me either way if I can be honest, i'm just thrilled with our goalie situation as a whole. I look at Philly and breathe easy knowing that we have two very talented goaltenders that can win us games going into the playoffs. Start either guy, it looks like we can't lose at this point.

Just for good measure... MAC-ATTACK!

Edited by BlazeYoungblood

Finding it kind of funny that we all thought the Wings were doomed and would have to spend a bit to bring in a #2. Joey has solidified the backup role. Jimmy needs to get in to shake off the rust Good for Joey ... he just won't give up :)

The Wings need to find a good right shot D though. The #2 PP will just be a waist of time on the PP without one.

I don't know about sitting a healthy Howard for MacDonald, but ya, I do believe we will no backup goalie issues come next season....Howard/MacDonald....set.

Everytime Joey wins I can here him saying... "I'm the migity migity migity migity migity migity Mac!"

edit: Sorry, showing my age there. No Kriss Kross fans left around eh? :lol:

Although I'm no fan of Kriss Kross, I did get the reference. It was chuckle-worthy.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Joey is getting some attention around the league now for his excellent play. Way to go Joey!

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I have no issues if Joey becomes the backup. Lets just treat him like other backups in the league.

Look at Boston and New York for instance. Their backup goalies have played about 15 games so far. Thats an average of every 4th game. If they are going to keep Joey up, then they better play him to keep Howard fresh. There would be no excuse to not start Mac every so often. What I fear is that Howard comes back and they start him 10-12 times in a row and then give Mac a start. You have to keep them both in some kind of rotation where Howard starts 3 and then Joey gets a start or something like that. Otherwise, Mac could get cold sitting on the bench.