• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

It doesn't bother me either way if I can be honest, i'm just thrilled with our goalie situation as a whole. I look at Philly and breathe easy knowing that we have two very talented goaltenders that can win us games going into the playoffs. Start either guy, it looks like we can't lose at this point.

Just for good measure... MAC-ATTACK!

Edited by BlazeYoungblood, 20 February 2012 - 01:39 AM.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#22 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

Finding it kind of funny that we all thought the Wings were doomed and would have to spend a bit to bring in a #2. Joey has solidified the backup role. Jimmy needs to get in to shake off the rust Good for Joey ... he just won't give up :)

The Wings need to find a good right shot D though. The #2 PP will just be a waist of time on the PP without one.

#23 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

I don't know about sitting a healthy Howard for MacDonald, but ya, I do believe we will no backup goalie issues come next season....Howard/MacDonald....set.

Everytime Joey wins I can here him saying... "I'm the migity migity migity migity migity migity Mac!"

edit: Sorry, showing my age there. No Kriss Kross fans left around eh? :lol:

Although I'm no fan of Kriss Kross, I did get the reference. It was chuckle-worthy.
Uhh...you might want to duck!

#24 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

Joey is getting some attention around the league now for his excellent play. Way to go Joey!

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 20 February 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#25 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

I have no issues if Joey becomes the backup. Lets just treat him like other backups in the league.

Look at Boston and New York for instance. Their backup goalies have played about 15 games so far. Thats an average of every 4th game. If they are going to keep Joey up, then they better play him to keep Howard fresh. There would be no excuse to not start Mac every so often. What I fear is that Howard comes back and they start him 10-12 times in a row and then give Mac a start. You have to keep them both in some kind of rotation where Howard starts 3 and then Joey gets a start or something like that. Otherwise, Mac could get cold sitting on the bench.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#26 MannyMaltby3418

MannyMaltby3418

MAC-SANITY!

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

Although I'm no fan of Kriss Kross, I did get the reference. It was chuckle-worthy.

Joey Mac making goalscorers, slump slump! J-mac will make ya, slump slump! Mighty Mac'll make ya, slump slump, uh huh uh huh. :thumbup:

Edited by MannyMaltby3418, 20 February 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#27 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

I have no issues if Joey becomes the backup. Lets just treat him like other backups in the league.

Look at Boston and New York for instance. Their backup goalies have played about 15 games so far. Thats an average of every 4th game. If they are going to keep Joey up, then they better play him to keep Howard fresh. There would be no excuse to not start Mac every so often. What I fear is that Howard comes back and they start him 10-12 times in a row and then give Mac a start. You have to keep them both in some kind of rotation where Howard starts 3 and then Joey gets a start or something like that. Otherwise, Mac could get cold sitting on the bench.

I think Babs will get Joey in every 5th game or so the rest of the way. He played Jimmy so much only because he had zero faith in Conklin. Now Jimmy can get in a groove down the stretch and not get worn out. :thumbup:
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#28 MannyMaltby3418

MannyMaltby3418

MAC-SANITY!

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

J-MAC is sticking around!

http://www.mlive.com...ltender_ty.html

#29 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

I don't see how you can take Joey Mac out of the net until he loses. I like Jimmy, but as Mickey would say, MAC is "hotter than a firecracker" right now. Lets ride J-MAC until he loses a game!

Yeah, what a s***ty job Babcock has night-in and night-out. Hmm....which goaltender that can't do anything but win should I play tonight?
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#30 ken daniels

ken daniels

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

MAC-SANITY is absolutly right!!!!! He's as big as a MAC truck in that net. I bet all his countrymen are proud of the job he is doing. Joey has been outstanding and if he keeps playing this way Howard better step his game up.

ITS TIME FOR A BIG-MAC ATTACK!