• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frwtv

freeredwings.tv stops streaming NHL games

Rate this topic

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've been very thankful of your site ever since I started experiencing problems with drumnj's stream. There's no way for me to be able to afford the channels needed for watching NHL here.

Thank you for everything. It was great while it lasted.

Yeah thank you so much for always streaming the games. So much appreciated. Also good luck on the new little one too. Unfortunately since I'm pretty broke I can't afford to buy nhl center ice or anything else. I blame Bettman not for being broke but for this BS. :P Regardless thanks again for all your hard work I will be missing your streams.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

I would have loved to continue providing the service, but you can thank the NHL for ruining the party.

While I confess to having watched a streamed game or two after losing the battle for control of the family TV, I don't "blame" the NHL for anything in the C&D letter. Let's not kid ourselves, unauthorized streaming of copyrighted programming is blatantly illegal. It doesn't matter if it's "for profit" or done as a service for fellow fans. I'm sorry that you no doubt had the daylights scared out of you when you opened the letter, but could you really not see this coming? You registered a domain that screams "Hey, free illegal streaming of Red Wings games over here!!!!" I mean, dude......!

It's also not a Crosby-lovin'-Bettman thing. Show me one major sporting body that doesn't defend their broadcasts in such a manner.

Edited by Gizmo

As a Wings fan without any sort of cable access, I always appreciated being able to tune into your games. Even yesterday, with NBC streaming the games online - I still went to freeredwings to watch.

Thank you for your service and best of luck!

While I confess to having watched a streamed game or two after losing the battle for control of the family TV, I don't "blame" the NHL for anything in the C&D letter. Let's not kid ourselves, unauthorized streaming of copyrighted programming is blatantly illegal. It doesn't matter if it's "for profit" or done as a service for fellow fans. I'm sorry that you no doubt had the daylights scared out of you when you opened the letter, but could you really not see this coming? You registered a domain that screams "Hey, free illegal streaming of Red Wings games over here!!!!" I mean, dude......!

It's also not a Crosby-lovin'-Bettman thing. Show me one major sporting body that doesn't defend their broadcasts in such a manner.

I don't know why you got hit with a lot of negative reviews for something that is just so obvious. I for one also thank the OP for his efforts. At the same time, I have to agree with you. This kind of thing wasn't going to last forever. The NHL is a big business, and every major sport out there is looking to squash these free streaming sites. Its a shame when it happens, because all they are doing is making this content available to those of us who don't have cable TV or don't have access to the game. At the same time, we shouldn't be surprised.

Thanks again for your efforts! It was good while it lasted.

I don't know why you got hit with a lot of negative reviews for something that is just so obvious. I for one also thank the OP for his efforts. At the same time, I have to agree with you. This kind of thing wasn't going to last forever. The NHL is a big business, and every major sport out there is looking to squash these free streaming sites. Its a shame when it happens, because all they are doing is making this content available to those of us who don't have cable TV or don't have access to the game. At the same time, we shouldn't be surprised.

Thanks again for your efforts! It was good while it lasted.

It probably happened because it's so obvious it didn't need to be mentioned. OP isn't naive I'm sure. No need for "Duh, what did you expect" (paraphrase)or other remarks. thanking him for his time and efforts was really all that needed to be said.

Edited by Rick

uh oh :unsure:

Very unfortunate to hear that. Definitely scary, but I guess somewhat expected.

I have to commend you for your work. Even though you were kind of a competitor, though it didn't bother me, you put in the effort for your viewers. Having 2 streams is quite the commitment and you didn't have it be all about making money.

The days of online streams are slowly dying with all the legal focus and it being a big topic in legislation. 5 years ago it was hardly known, really shows how the internet can provoke the ways companies and governments do business.

Well good luck to you man, hopefully we'll see you around the forum taking part of the fun filled Wings discussions.

It probably happened because it's so obvious it didn't need to be mentioned. OP isn't naive I'm sure. No need for "Duh, what did you expect" (paraphrase)or other remarks. thanking him for his time and efforts was really all that needed to be said.

I can agree to that. On the same token, bitching about the NHL solves nothing either. A simple thank you, as you said, is really all that is required.

My response was aimed solely at the "blaming" comment. It's one thing to set up such a site, but another to then complain when the copyright owner steps in and exercises their legal rights.

Yes, it's a bummer that it's gone, but its days were numbered from Day 1, and the URL might have accelerated things a bit.

Edited by Gizmo

My response was aimed solely at the "blaming" comment. It's one thing to set up such a site, but another to then complain when the copyright owner steps in and exercises their legal rights.

I really didn't see him as complaining. I think it was more of just letting people know why it wasn't there anymore and to thank people for using it. But that's just how I read it.

Yes, it's a bummer that it's gone, but its days were numbered from Day 1, and the URL might have accelerated things a bit.

read it again perhaps?

I know people get instantly defensive when it comes to an issue like this and love to argue their side and lecture other adults about morels, right/wrong but if you look at his last sentence he isn't blaming the nhl. he simply states he would love to continue to provide this service but the party's been ruined. I'm just saying he is already being forced to close his site; chastising the dude like he is ignorant of the law comes off as a little insulting.