• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

Damn this sucks. I loved your streams. Now how am I supposed to watch wings games during a boring chemistry lecture?

#62 masamune17

masamune17

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

Thanks for all the games!

#63 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

Thanks for everything!

#64 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

I was good while it lasted. Thanks for running it as long as you did. Maybe someone should start up a freepenguins.tv site and only show Wings games...it would probably go unnoticed, and maybe even receive funding from the NHL.

I would love to see the results of this experiment!

#65 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

For now. I hope his site survives.

Is it because of all this SOPA and PIPA and FIFA business?

No, it has technically been illegal to stream games online for a whwile. Big business whines to the government enough, and now these bills have been introduced to increase surveillance of everything online, not just websites like frw.tv. They needed an excuse to watch our every move online, and with broadcast companies or whoever bitching about copyright infringement, they have found their excuse.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 21 February 2012 - 05:33 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#66 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

no FSD :( :(

Good luck and Thanks for everything!

#67 casey holmstrom

casey holmstrom

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Damn this sucks. I loved your streams. Now how am I supposed to watch wings games during a boring chemistry lecture?

As a 25 year old who never went to college and kicked ass as a 10th grader in AP chemistry, I am really jealous, I should probably go back to school and relearn that s***, i know I'd find it anything but boring.
Hockey nerrrrds. Posted Image

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've been very thankful of your site ever since I started experiencing problems with drumnj's stream. There's no way for me to be able to afford the channels needed for watching NHL here.

Thank you for everything. It was great while it lasted.

I will exaclty echo this. I started lagging out terribly while watching drumnj's streams. Never had a problem before a few months ago, so i've been using your stream the last while. Could never afford to pay for cable, especially because I would only use it just to watch the occasional hockey game Thanks, was great while it lasted, have fun with the little poop machine Posted Image

Edited by casey holmstrom, 21 February 2012 - 10:06 PM.

Posted Image

#68 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

I started lagging out terribly while watching drumnj's streams. Never had a problem before a few months ago

Been trying to figure it out. Had some repair work done on the line today....looking at other options.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#69 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

that is really too bad. it was a good alternative stream to watch red wings games. even though im committed to drum, every now and then i would pop in your channel just to say hey to everyone. you will be sadly missed. you should definately get some kind of award here on LGW. dont know what one but definately well deserved. good luck to you and your first child. im sure you are very excited. :)

#70 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Thanks for the games. It's nice to be able to catch a Wings game every now and then while being out-of-state and not having FSD anymore.

#71 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

I think we've been spoiled by the early days of the Internet. Everything has been free (like these streams) and while I want to complain that they shut all these streaming shuts down...I guess I can see why they do.

Of course, I don't have cable and Game Center won't help me since I live in Michigan, so I don't know where to find a stream to watch the game tonight. I wish you could just order certain channels ala carte. I'd pay 10 bucks a month for just FSD. I pay 8 for Netflix and find it comparable.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#72 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

That's a bummer, thanks for your work in streaming the games.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#73 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

I'm usually home for most games...but your stream was by far the best I've encountered.

Holler when you need some time away from the new baby (trust me you will) and I'll buy you a cold one :beerbuddy:
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#74 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

THank you for your streams.... which by the way were better quality than what I pay 20 bucks a month for at NHL.com...... Good luck with your little one and GO WINGS

#75 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

I actually have to do work at work now.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".