• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

Wings W-L Record In Final 22?

Rate this topic

Hi guys so what do you think will be the Wings W-L record in their final 22 games? I have them losing atleast 8 games but not sure how many if any of the 8 they get a point in so lets say they go 14-8 which is ok but not sure if thats good enough to get the top spot as the Canucks have an easier schedule and thus the Wings may need to go on a serious run to fend off the Canucks and this year the top spot in the conference is more important than ever b/c of the home ice factor at the Joe.

Below I've listed games in which I expect a W or a L:

Feb. 21 at Chicago 8:00 L

Feb. 23 Vancouver 7:30 L

Feb. 25 Colorado 7:00 W

Feb. 28 at Columbus 7:00 W

Mar. 2 Minnesota 7:30 W

Mar. 4 Chicago 4:00 W

Mar. 6 at Philadelphia 7:00 L

Mar. 9 Los Angeles 7:30 W

Mar. 10 at Nashville 8:00 L

Mar. 13 at Los Angeles 10:30W

Mar. 14 at Anaheim 10:00L

Mar. 17 at San Jose 10:30L

Mar. 19 Washington 7:30 W

Mar. 21 at NY Rangers 7:30 L

Mar. 24 Carolina 7:00 W

Mar. 26 Columbus 7:30 W

Mar. 28 at Columbus 7:30 W

Mar. 30 Nashville 7:30 W

Apr. 1 Florida 4:00 W

Apr. 4 at St. Louis 7:30 L

Apr. 5 New Jersey 7:30 W

So as you can see I was generous in only giving them 1 loss at home which is to the Canucks and I would assume they will drop a couple to some of the bottom feeders as they normally have those types of games and it looks more & more like the Wings will be in the 2 spot assuming they can hold off St.Losers for the division lead.

19-3

BTW, you are only giving them 3 more road wins? Oh ye of little faith.....

I figured I would stick to the script of them winning alot at home and being medicore on the road but like I said I don't see them better than 14-8 as if they win more on the road then they probably drop more on the road.

I'm expecting more wins on the road and less at home. Final record will be close to 15-7

That still probably won't get them the top seed b/c the Canucks have a cupcake schedule to close out the season.

How is this post pessimistic? All I did was speculate the Wings record in their final 22 games. Did you want me to be a Homer and say they go 22-0? They will win b/t 14-15 games give or take as we all know they tend to take their feet off the gas pedal.

Edited by haroldsnepsts
To remove quoted post that was deleted

How is this post pessimistic? All I did was speculate the Wings record in their final 22 games. Did you want me to be a Homer and say they go 22-0? They will win b/t 14-15 games give or take as we all know they tend to take their feet off the gas pedal.

while you may not be as bad as stinky fish taco or whatever his name is, you still are often overly negative for no reason at all. as a person that is always critical of things i like, i certainly have my qualms about the wings (dont get me started on ericsson!) but there is a different between being critical and the often 'troll like' attitude that comes across in your posts. so you shouldn't really be surprised when people attack you.

with that said, the wings are currently getting 1.4 points a game. that would mean in 22 games, they are going to get 31 more points. with your anticipated 14-8, thats 28 points. only 3 off. and assuming a couple of those losses are OT/SO, that would make up the 3 point difference. so in this case, you are not really being unrealistic.

while you may not be as bad as stinky fish taco or whatever his name is, you still are often overly negative for no reason at all. as a person that is always critical of things i like, i certainly have my qualms about the wings (dont get me started on ericsson!) but there is a different between being critical and the often 'troll like' attitude that comes across in your posts. so you shouldn't really be surprised when people attack you.

with that said, the wings are currently getting 1.4 points a game. that would mean in 22 games, they are going to get 31 more points. with your anticipated 14-8, thats 28 points. only 3 off. and assuming a couple of those losses are OT/SO, that would make up the 3 point difference. so in this case, you are not really being unrealistic.

Well I don't get critical unless there is a valid reason e.g. when the team starts to play poorly as I don't tolerate it. Also it doesn't help the fact that I am still bitter over being in attendance in game 7 2009 and watching them lose to the Penguins as I am still not over it and won't be until they win another Cup.

As far as the regular season goes well we better hope the losses are OT ones as they will need those points to hold off the Canucks who don't appear to be losing any regulation games and thus I don't want to play them if they have home ice for the West final.

The way this team is rolling together right now 17-5 would not be a surprise to me, also you pretty much have us losing to every team that is a "contender" which if its true then we would probably fall to a 4 or 5 seed...don't see that happening, this team is hungry

The way this team is rolling together right now 17-5 would not be a surprise to me, also you pretty much have us losing to every team that is a "contender" which if its true then we would probably fall to a 4 or 5 seed...don't see that happening, this team is hungry

Hey I still had us at 14-8 so thats not that bad as I just don't like the tough road matchups against playoff teams let alone bottom feeder teams as we all know how the Wings treat those games!

Hi guys so what do you think will be the Wings W-L record in their final 22 games? I have them losing atleast 8 games but not sure how many if any of the 8 they get a point in so lets say they go 14-8 which is ok but not sure if thats good enough to get the top spot as the Canucks have an easier schedule and thus the Wings may need to go on a serious run to fend off the Canucks and this year the top spot in the conference is more important than ever b/c of the home ice factor at the Joe.

Below I've listed games in which I expect a W or a L:

Feb. 21 at Chicago 8:00 L

Feb. 23 Vancouver 7:30 L

Feb. 28 at Columbus 7:00 W

Mar. 6 at Philadelphia 7:00 L

Mar. 10 at Nashville 8:00 L

Mar. 14 at Anaheim 10:00L

Mar. 17 at San Jose 10:30L

Mar. 21 at NY Rangers 7:30 L

Mar. 24 Carolina 7:00 W

Apr. 4 at St. Louis 7:30 L

So as you can see I was generous in only giving them 1 loss at home which is to the Canucks and I would assume they will drop a couple to some of the bottom feeders as they normally have those types of games and it looks more & more like the Wings will be in the 2 spot assuming they can hold off St.Losers for the division lead.

Let me get this straight. You seriously think we are going to lose to almost every team that is in the top 8 of their conference? We OWN the Canucks, Anaheim and Philly.

Also put into consideration that you think we are going to lose 33% of our games when we are on the best roll of the last few years?

I think I couldve done better picking names out of a hat than your "analysis"...

Feb. 21 at Chicago 8:00 OT

Feb. 23 Vancouver 7:30 W

Feb. 28 at Columbus 7:00 L (WE PLAY BAD AGAINST BAD TEAMS)

Mar. 6 at Philadelphia 7:00 W

Mar. 10 at Nashville 8:00 OT

Mar. 14 at Anaheim 10:00 W

Mar. 17 at San Jose 10:30 OT

Mar. 21 at NY Rangers 7:30 W

Mar. 24 Carolina 7:00 L

Apr. 4 at St. Louis 7:30 W

Overtimes I figure go one way or the other. Everything else Id put money on.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

Let me get this straight. You seriously think we are going to lose to almost every team that is in the top 8 of their conference? We OWN the Canucks, Anaheim and Philly.

Also put into consideration that you think we are going to lose 33% of our games when we are on the best roll of the last few years?

I think I couldve done better picking names out of a hat than your "analysis"...

I like! You have the Wings home record going to 29 games. :thumbup:

I like! You have the Wings home record going to 29 games. :thumbup:

;) I do think Carolina will be the stake in our hearts. Maybe cause Im watching them killing the Caps right now but we have a tendency to play VERY slack against crappy teams.

Oh and if we were playing the Spoilers next home game Id say we were done. Something about bottom rung teams always scare me unless they are certain bottom rungers like Anaheim. SJ is always a coin flip as is Nashville

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

My rational for the loss to Anaheim is that it comes on the heels of a back to back with LA so I would imagine they drop 1 and win the other and I don't trust the Wings in the Shark tank so I'll chalk that up as a loss. Also I do realize the Wings will win some of the games that I slated as losses but they will also lose some that I put as wins so it will most likely even itself out and they finish 14-8 or 15-7 at best. Just hope some OT losses help them out b/c like I said before Vancouver has an easier schedule.

I hope we lose enough to get the second seed. historically, it doesn't look good for teams that win the Presidents trophy.

Actually now with the injury to Pavel they will be lucky to just hold on to the second seed as I don't think they even go 14-8.

And finishing second as opposed to first will suck b/c it will mean a tougher second round opponent b/c San Jose will most likely beat the #6 seed and thus I don't want to play the Sharks again.

As for the presidents trophy bringing bad luck, well the last time the Wings won the presidents trophy they won the Cup so I'll take that over a possible #2 or #4 seed in this years case.

Well I don't get critical unless there is a valid reason e.g. when the team starts to play poorly as I don't tolerate it. Also it doesn't help the fact that I am still bitter over being in attendance in game 7 2009 and watching them lose to the Penguins as I am still not over it and won't be until they win another Cup.

As far as the regular season goes well we better hope the losses are OT ones as they will need those points to hold off the Canucks who don't appear to be losing any regulation games and thus I don't want to play them if they have home ice for the West final.

Actually, from your past posts, you get critical and pessimistic all the time. You don't need a valid reason for it.

I too don't tolerate poor performances from the Wings, and I call out poor play, poor reffing, poor goaltending, and so on. At the same time though, I try to be realistic with my expectations.

I do have to agree that maybe people were a little harsh on you in the OP, but being as that you have more negative reviews than positive posts, you may want to consider an attitude adjustment.

Actually now with the injury to Pavel they will be lucky to just hold on to the second seed as I don't think they even go 14-8.

And finishing second as opposed to first will suck b/c it will mean a tougher second round opponent b/c San Jose will most likely beat the #6 seed and thus I don't want to play the Sharks again.

As for the presidents trophy bringing bad luck, well the last time the Wings won the presidents trophy they won the Cup so I'll take that over a possible #2 or #4 seed in this years case.

This post is a good example. Overly critical? Yes. Reason to be? No.

Lucky to just hold on to the second seed? Don't want to play the Sharks again? Remember that teams who advance to win the cup typically do rise above the challenge that was in front of them last season. Look at the Bruins when they were the victims of the Flyers when they lost a 3-0 series lead? They win the Stanley cup in 2011. Colorado owns the Wings in 1996 in the playoffs and then win the cup in 1997. You can bet that they will get over that hump eventually.

1275444838565-544917985.jpeg

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut