• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/21 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2

Rate this topic

now im seeing datsyuk out 2 weeks for knee surgery. helen st james again.

from ansar khan "Babcock: "Everything is real good. (Datsyuk) had fragment in his knee, an old thing we wanted to clear up prior to playoff time.''"

Edited by Din758

Chicago is red hot right now after their comeback against St. Louis. We can't take our eyes off of these guys. After St. Louis' upcoming gruelling road trip coming up, I think Chicago might be that number 2 team in the Central.

Hahaha. No they aren't. They beat the Rangers with the Rangers playing their second string goalie who couldn't stop a beach ball. They followed that up with a win against the doormat of the league (Columbus) and on Sunday they beat the Blues 2-1 at home. The winning goal went in off of a St. Louis players skate. St. Louis currently has an 8 point lead on Chicago and a game in hand. No way Chicago catches them.

Sucks about Dats.

Chicago put themselves in a pretty deep hole. I'm confused how they can lose 9 in a row, win a couple of games, and now they are considered on fire?

Their fans are way worse than Wings fans when it comes to knee jerk reactions (and we aren't so great ourselves).

Last week they were all pretty unanimous in saying they should fire coach Q. Many of them discussed trading Kane and Kieth. And now after 3 wins its back to talk of Toews for the Hart and Crawford as the hottest goalie in the league. :lol:

Sucks about Datsyuk, but with Toews out too at least the playing field is slightly more level.

Edited by hooon

Sucks about Dats.

Chicago put themselves in a pretty deep hole. I'm confused how they can lose 9 in a row, win a couple of games, and now they are considered on fire?

Chicago has seemed to turn things around... Yeah, I would consider them a threat.

Chicago has seemed to turn things around... Yeah, I would consider them a threat.

They beat a crappy goal in nine minutes and didn't do anything the rest of the game. They beat the worst team in the league. They beat a team that isn't as good as people are trying to make them out to be.

They aren't that scary

It's gotta be something related to the NBA lockout. The Pistons are the most irrelevant team in Michigan. Barely relevant when they won a championship.

Hey, the Pistons are defending their 3-game win streak tonight. That's SO much more important than this one against a divisional rival, right?

They beat a crappy goal in nine minutes and didn't do anything the rest of the game. They beat the worst team in the league. They beat a team that isn't as good as people are trying to make them out to be.

They aren't that scary

And we lost to the Islanders....

Just saying...

Lines tonight will be

93-40-44

11-51-26

20-43-8

39-48-96

These next few weeks will be a great time for #51 to break out of scoring slump. Hope he can generate some good offense tonight, especially because the Hawks will probably have a weak 2nd line with Toews out.

Edited by hooon

From Sportsnet / NHL Power Rankings:

If most teams lose the NHL's winningest goaltender to a broken finger, most teams would suffer a setback. The Detroit Red Wings, however, are not most teams. The winged wheel just plugs in backup Joey MacDonald and keeps motoring. MacDonald now has a better save percentage than All-Star Jimmy: .934.

The reported lines for Chicago:

Sharp-Morrison-Kane

Brunette-Bolland-Hossa

Bickell-Kruger-Stalberg

Hayes-Mayers-Frolik

Looks pretty weak to me. Even with Datsyuk out that is a very beatable lineup. Morrison as their number 1? Good opportunity to get the road record back on track.

With Dats out I pretty much now what the result is now as I wasn't too confident before the injury and now I now our 6 game win streak ends tonight and the 23 game home win streak ends on Thursday.

The world will probably implode so we won't need to worry. :ph34r:

Not sure I understand the doom and gloom? We have the deepest team in the NHL. Crawford is weak and the Hawks are fragile.

We will be victorious! :siren:

With Dats out I pretty much now what the result is now as I wasn't too confident before the injury and now I now our 6 game win streak ends tonight and the 23 game home win streak ends on Thursday.

Oh, well. The streak had to end some time, right? No big thing, and Pavel is getting this done in plenty of time to be 100% in the playoffs.

And I guess if we're pinning all of our hopes on one player, however awesome he may be, then we didn't stand a snowflake's chance in hell anyway. :)

Unless I can find the FSD feed for this game, I'll be watching the game on mute tonight.

Wings 3 (Huds/Fil/Kronner)

Hawks 1 (Sharp)

GO WINGS GO!!!

No way we'll be getting it on FSD. We'll probably have the double pleasure of NBCsports (VERSUS) plus Eddie O. I really can NOT stand him anymore. I mean I really can't. So the mute button will be very popular at our house too. :angry:

So we can't win without Datsyuk? Our team is nothing without him? Good to know, let's just coast from here since that means we aren't good enough to win in the playoffs, get a good draft pick and blow up the team this summer.

Guest Crymson

I guess the fact that Toews is out doesn't matter to you. Surprise.