• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/21 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2

Rate this topic

Just got back from the game. <_<

The Wings were good in the first, then brutal for most of the second and third.

Not sure how he looked on TV, but Bertuzzi was TERRIBLE tonight. Couldn't make a pass to save his life, and gave the puck away multiple times. Then with 10 seconds left he has it right on his stick and sails it down the ice.

Howard played great, I thought. Looking for a much better effort on Thursday. That game was lazy and sucked.

How did the Chicago fans treat you?

Holland's got his work cut-out for 'em. Never gonna win the Stanley Cup with this team and it was pretty obvious tonight. The better teams in the league win on the road and Holland cannot stand pat with this roster if they're gonna win anything. Without Datsuyk they're done and you can't expect Zetterberg to carry the team 'cause he doesn't have the skill level to do it. Also pretty obvious after watching tonight's loss. Ericsson's gotta go. Too much of a liability. Too slow, too stupid and too clumsy. Unfortunately, Holland won't be able to get anything for 'em 'cause you get what you pay for. And Kyle Quincey certainly isn't gonna be the answer. The Wings didn't lose to a great hockey team tonight. They simply lost to a good hockey team with a marginal defense and a better than mediocre goaltender. They're no big deal. With or without Toews. The Wings need a goal scorer and a solid defenseman. Almost desperately and it shows. Shots on goal are one thing but scoring chances are another. Changes have to be made and made very soon. Too many marginal players with marginal skills. Unlike the Bowman years.

Solid first post, we are the only team on earth that can be first overall and get posts like this on a message board haha

Winning all three home games and half of the away games gives the Wings five wins in seven. I'll take it.

Edit: I'm just going to go and do something else rather than wasting my time with the emerging alarmism.

Haha..thats awesome..can I sig that?

Guest Crymson

Solid first post, we are the only team on earth that can be first overall and get posts like this on a message board haha

I agree completely.

Haha..thats awesome..can I sig that?

Of course.

For those of you saying "its just one game" or "still first overall," you are right, cant win them all, but the worry is, they cant seem to win on the road. Sure there are folks here that are overreacting a bit, but even so, this team plays really bad on the road, and that is very concerning. Going back to the Montreal game, the Wings have only 2 wins on the road and those are both by shootout. While its not right to be calling for heads to roll, but considering that they play like an IHL team on the road and havent put together a good road game in a couple of months, the concern is actually a bit warranted.....

Guest Hatethedrake!

Jimmy played well. We can't win em all. Lets beat Vancouver. :thumbup: Please come back ASAP Pavs. :D

Holland's got his work cut-out for 'em. Never gonna win the Stanley Cup with this team and it was pretty obvious tonight. The better teams in the league win on the road and Holland cannot stand pat with this roster if they're gonna win anything. Without Datsuyk they're done and you can't expect Zetterberg to carry the team 'cause he doesn't have the skill level to do it. Also pretty obvious after watching tonight's loss. Ericsson's gotta go. Too much of a liability. Too slow, too stupid and too clumsy. Unfortunately, Holland won't be able to get anything for 'em 'cause you get what you pay for. And Kyle Quincey certainly isn't gonna be the answer. The Wings didn't lose to a great hockey team tonight. They simply lost to a good hockey team with a marginal defense and a better than mediocre goaltender. They're no big deal. With or without Toews. The Wings need a goal scorer and a solid defenseman. Almost desperately and it shows. Shots on goal are one thing but scoring chances are another. Changes have to be made and made very soon. Too many marginal players with marginal skills. Unlike the Bowman years.

Nice first post. I forgot that the Cup was decided with a road game at the end of February.