• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#21 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

Why are these games going on AM 1270? Has anyone got a reasoning?
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#22 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 754 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Why are these games going on AM 1270? Has anyone got a reasoning?

Pistons take priority on 97.1. Total blow, I know. Gotta be stipulated in the contract or something.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#23 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Pistons take priority on 97.1. Total blow, I know. Gotta be stipulated in the contract or something.

It's gotta be something related to the NBA lockout. The Pistons are the most irrelevant team in Michigan. Barely relevant when they won a championship.
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#24 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

toews is out tonight with upper body injury
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#25 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

toews is out tonight with upper body injury

Source?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#26 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

puck daddy retweeted one saying it, and also helen st james (freep writer) tweeted it before.

#27 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Source?

https://twitter.com/freepwings/status/172009274619346945

#28 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

now im seeing datsyuk out 2 weeks for knee surgery. helen st james again.

from ansar khan "Babcock: "Everything is real good. (Datsyuk) had fragment in his knee, an old thing we wanted to clear up prior to playoff time.''"

Edited by Din758, 21 February 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#29 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

Chicago is red hot right now after their comeback against St. Louis. We can't take our eyes off of these guys. After St. Louis' upcoming gruelling road trip coming up, I think Chicago might be that number 2 team in the Central.

Hahaha. No they aren't. They beat the Rangers with the Rangers playing their second string goalie who couldn't stop a beach ball. They followed that up with a win against the doormat of the league (Columbus) and on Sunday they beat the Blues 2-1 at home. The winning goal went in off of a St. Louis players skate. St. Louis currently has an 8 point lead on Chicago and a game in hand. No way Chicago catches them.
Do or do not. There is no try

#30 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Stephane Auger (15), Chris Lee (28) Linesmen David Briesbois (96), Mike Ckik (88)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#31 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Sucks about Dats.

Chicago put themselves in a pretty deep hole. I'm confused how they can lose 9 in a row, win a couple of games, and now they are considered on fire?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $12

#32 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

Apparently, no Dats either.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#33 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Sucks about Dats.

Chicago put themselves in a pretty deep hole. I'm confused how they can lose 9 in a row, win a couple of games, and now they are considered on fire?

Their fans are way worse than Wings fans when it comes to knee jerk reactions (and we aren't so great ourselves).

Last week they were all pretty unanimous in saying they should fire coach Q. Many of them discussed trading Kane and Kieth. And now after 3 wins its back to talk of Toews for the Hart and Crawford as the hottest goalie in the league. :lol:

Sucks about Datsyuk, but with Toews out too at least the playing field is slightly more level.

Edited by hooon, 21 February 2012 - 01:34 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

^^That.

#35 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Sucks about Dats.

Chicago has seemed to turn things around... Yeah, I would consider them a threat.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#36 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

Chicago has seemed to turn things around... Yeah, I would consider them a threat.

They beat a crappy goal in nine minutes and didn't do anything the rest of the game. They beat the worst team in the league. They beat a team that isn't as good as people are trying to make them out to be.

They aren't that scary
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#37 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

It's gotta be something related to the NBA lockout. The Pistons are the most irrelevant team in Michigan. Barely relevant when they won a championship.

Hey, the Pistons are defending their 3-game win streak tonight. That's SO much more important than this one against a divisional rival, right?
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#38 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hey, the Pistons are defending their 3-game win streak tonight. That's SO much more important than this one against a divisional rival, right?

As much as I dislike that, I think those games were scheduled to be on which station before the season began.

#39 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

They beat a crappy goal in nine minutes and didn't do anything the rest of the game. They beat the worst team in the league. They beat a team that isn't as good as people are trying to make them out to be.

They aren't that scary

And we lost to the Islanders....

Just saying...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#40 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Lines tonight will be

93-40-44
11-51-26
20-43-8
39-48-96

These next few weeks will be a great time for #51 to break out of scoring slump. Hope he can generate some good offense tonight, especially because the Hawks will probably have a weak 2nd line with Toews out.

Edited by hooon, 21 February 2012 - 02:10 PM.

Posted Image