• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#381 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

What a lousy night after seeing that display...better not get comfortable with that division lead cause the Blues are breathing down our necks
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#382 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Oh well. Win Thursday boys, I'll be there!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#383 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Oh well ... can't win them all. The road game jinx.

Especially when you only play hard the first, and last, ten minutes of a game. Detroit's lucky it wasn't 5-1 tonight.

#384 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

That second period was really embarrassing. I'm glad the goaltending situation is in a better place but come on. If i have to watch E set up the other team one more time I'm going fly to Detroit and beat the crap out of that kid

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#385 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Wings owned the first, Hawks second and third.
Wings had their chances but defensive lapses killed their chance to win the game.

Go Wings!

#386 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Posted Image

#387 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image

:lol: I've gotta believe that glare was in full affect after the game in the dressing room

#NOMOREKINDL

#388 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

Could have been a worse scoreline. Hawks deserved winners.Tough on Howard playing so well. Cant win em all.

#389 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

You know, looking at the standings, it's a disgrace that SJ is 3rd because they're leading their division, and there's 3 central teams in 4th, 5th, and 6th that are all over that point total. Just sayin...
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#390 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

That second period was really embarrassing. I'm glad the goaltending situation is in a better place but come on. If i have to watch E set up the other team one more time I'm going fly to Detroit and beat the crap out of that kid

I can't stand him. I hope he, and not Kindl, gets benched when Quincey comes in.

#391 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

f*** f*** f***. That is all. Wake me up on Thursday.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#392 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

Ericsson had 2 clear cut passes right to Blackhawk players right in front of our net, as if he was setting them up for the goal.

He was also praised three different times on NBC sports for good moves he made. I don't recall any other player treated with multiple, positive comments during this game, except maybe Lidstrom. I'm just sick to death of the compulsive need for a scapegoat by posters on this board. Especially when his good moves are hardly ever mentioned. Especially when said scapegoat is actually playing better. It is a very negative and unfair and LAZY-thinking thing to happen on any board. It's almost as if old, out-worn concepts have to be upheld, come hell or high water.

Edited by Vladifan, 21 February 2012 - 10:50 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#393 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

He was also praised three different times on NBC sports for good moves he made. I don't recall any other player treated with multiple, positive comments during this game, except maybe Lidstrom. I'm just sick to death of the compulsive need for a scapegoat by posters on this board. Especially when his good moves are hardly ever mentioned. Especially when said scapegoat is actually playing better. It is a very negative and unfair and LAZY-thinking thing to happen on any board. It's almost as if old, out-worn concepts have to be upheld, come hell or high water.

I'm hard on Ericsson (not that it matters to him) because I know he can be better. He showed in the first half of the 2010-2011 season that he can play a smart, steady game. But he's often, inexplicably stupid in his play. I personally think he just gets mini-panics at times. It's very aggravating to see.

#394 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,353 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

He seems to make aggravating plays at bad times.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#395 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Typical road game. A few minutes of strong effort and the rest was garbage. Howard and Filppula were the only two players that looked interested at all.

Why is it the Red Wings continue to try and skate through four guys stacked at the blueline? They waste so much time on the PP trying to even enter the zone because everyone wants to pass into traffic instead of dumping the puck in and going after it. It's fine if Datsyuk is out there for the entry, but otherwise it just looks like a trainwreck.

Big game on Thursday. Should be well-rested and ready to play hopefully.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#396 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Just got back from the game. <_<

The Wings were good in the first, then brutal for most of the second and third.

Not sure how he looked on TV, but Bertuzzi was TERRIBLE tonight. Couldn't make a pass to save his life, and gave the puck away multiple times. Then with 10 seconds left he has it right on his stick and sails it down the ice.

Howard played great, I thought. Looking for a much better effort on Thursday. That game was lazy and sucked.
Posted Image

#397 cwilson

cwilson

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

I must say, they all looked tired to start with. Secondly, it was obvious without Dats our puck handling going into their end was not good at ALL. (he was missed for sure) We really need help in this area. Without Dats in the lineup we sure do have a different look about us. I sure would love to see a Morrow or Selanne come in and help this area out. I still think we have someone coming. Also cant wait till Kyle starts. I do believe he is an upgrade over Kindle.

#398 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

Holland's got his work cut-out for 'em. Never gonna win the Stanley Cup with this team and it was pretty obvious tonight. The better teams in the league win on the road and Holland cannot stand pat with this roster if they're gonna win anything. Without Datsuyk they're done and you can't expect Zetterberg to carry the team 'cause he doesn't have the skill level to do it. Also pretty obvious after watching tonight's loss. Ericsson's gotta go. Too much of a liability. Too slow, too stupid and too clumsy. Unfortunately, Holland won't be able to get anything for 'em 'cause you get what you pay for. And Kyle Quincey certainly isn't gonna be the answer. The Wings didn't lose to a great hockey team tonight. They simply lost to a good hockey team with a marginal defense and a better than mediocre goaltender. They're no big deal. With or without Toews. The Wings need a goal scorer and a solid defenseman. Almost desperately and it shows. Shots on goal are one thing but scoring chances are another. Changes have to be made and made very soon. Too many marginal players with marginal skills. Unlike the Bowman years.

#399 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

Well we better pray to God we get the first seed. Because if we don't have home advantage every series we're screwed.

#400 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

Well we better pray to God we get the first seed. Because if we don't have home advantage every series we're screwed.

Winning all three home games and half of the away games gives the Wings five wins in seven. I'll take it.

Edit: I'm just going to go and do something else rather than wasting my time with the emerging alarmism.

Edited by Crymson, 21 February 2012 - 11:14 PM.