416 replies to this topic

#401 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

Just got back from the game. <_<

The Wings were good in the first, then brutal for most of the second and third.

Not sure how he looked on TV, but Bertuzzi was TERRIBLE tonight. Couldn't make a pass to save his life, and gave the puck away multiple times. Then with 10 seconds left he has it right on his stick and sails it down the ice.

Howard played great, I thought. Looking for a much better effort on Thursday. That game was lazy and sucked.

How did the Chicago fans treat you?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#402 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Yeah... What the hell was that? Oh well. Next game.

#403 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

I am not gonna go through 20 pages of posts, but anyone else think Kronwall had an off game tonight? He had 2 BAD giveaways in the first, and didn't seem sharp all game. Then again, nobody really did.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#404 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Posted Image

On to Vancouver...

Edited by irishock, 21 February 2012 - 11:39 PM.

bringit.jpg

#405 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

How did the Chicago fans treat you?

They were pretty nice this time around, nobody said anything too bad, and had some nice convos with Hawks fans.
Posted Image

#406 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Whheeeeeeew! That game was a stinker. Lazy boys floating around, looking lost. Standing still like a bunch of pylons. Oh well. Can't win every game. Trn the page and on to the Nucks.....
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#407 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

They were pretty nice this time around, nobody said anything too bad, and had some nice convos with Hawks fans.

That's good to hear. How did those go?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#408 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

Holland's got his work cut-out for 'em. Never gonna win the Stanley Cup with this team and it was pretty obvious tonight. The better teams in the league win on the road and Holland cannot stand pat with this roster if they're gonna win anything. Without Datsuyk they're done and you can't expect Zetterberg to carry the team 'cause he doesn't have the skill level to do it. Also pretty obvious after watching tonight's loss. Ericsson's gotta go. Too much of a liability. Too slow, too stupid and too clumsy. Unfortunately, Holland won't be able to get anything for 'em 'cause you get what you pay for. And Kyle Quincey certainly isn't gonna be the answer. The Wings didn't lose to a great hockey team tonight. They simply lost to a good hockey team with a marginal defense and a better than mediocre goaltender. They're no big deal. With or without Toews. The Wings need a goal scorer and a solid defenseman. Almost desperately and it shows. Shots on goal are one thing but scoring chances are another. Changes have to be made and made very soon. Too many marginal players with marginal skills. Unlike the Bowman years.

Solid first post, we are the only team on earth that can be first overall and get posts like this on a message board haha

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#409 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

Winning all three home games and half of the away games gives the Wings five wins in seven. I'll take it.

Edit: I'm just going to go and do something else rather than wasting my time with the emerging alarmism.

Haha..thats awesome..can I sig that?

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#410 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

As great as we are at home, we suck on the road.

#411 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,245 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

I can't stand him. I hope he, and not Kindl, gets benched when Quincey comes in.

In spite of all the blame he gets around here, the Wings would still be a better team with Ericsson and Quincey in the lineup as the bottom pair than they would with Kindl Quincey.

#412 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

If it wasn't for Jimmy, this one could have easily been 5-1. Its one game. Oh well. We definitely need to start playing consistently on the road, though. Ericsson looked like absolute s***. Hopefully he can bounce back on Thursday.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#413 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

Solid first post, we are the only team on earth that can be first overall and get posts like this on a message board haha

I agree completely.

Haha..thats awesome..can I sig that?

Of course.

#414 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

For those of you saying "its just one game" or "still first overall," you are right, cant win them all, but the worry is, they cant seem to win on the road. Sure there are folks here that are overreacting a bit, but even so, this team plays really bad on the road, and that is very concerning. Going back to the Montreal game, the Wings have only 2 wins on the road and those are both by shootout. While its not right to be calling for heads to roll, but considering that they play like an IHL team on the road and havent put together a good road game in a couple of months, the concern is actually a bit warranted.....

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#415 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

Well, to me, there was only one star tonight--Jimmy Howard!!! Glad to see you showed up. I don't know who those other guys were wearing the Winged Wheel. <_<

#416 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Jimmy played well. We can't win em all. Lets beat Vancouver. :thumbup: Please come back ASAP Pavs. :D
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#417 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Holland's got his work cut-out for 'em. Never gonna win the Stanley Cup with this team and it was pretty obvious tonight. The better teams in the league win on the road and Holland cannot stand pat with this roster if they're gonna win anything. Without Datsuyk they're done and you can't expect Zetterberg to carry the team 'cause he doesn't have the skill level to do it. Also pretty obvious after watching tonight's loss. Ericsson's gotta go. Too much of a liability. Too slow, too stupid and too clumsy. Unfortunately, Holland won't be able to get anything for 'em 'cause you get what you pay for. And Kyle Quincey certainly isn't gonna be the answer. The Wings didn't lose to a great hockey team tonight. They simply lost to a good hockey team with a marginal defense and a better than mediocre goaltender. They're no big deal. With or without Toews. The Wings need a goal scorer and a solid defenseman. Almost desperately and it shows. Shots on goal are one thing but scoring chances are another. Changes have to be made and made very soon. Too many marginal players with marginal skills. Unlike the Bowman years.

Nice first post. I forgot that the Cup was decided with a road game at the end of February.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid