• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Travis Moen

Rate this topic

i been wanting to get moen for a while now , think hed be awesome as a redwing and i just heard on sportsnet the redwings have offered up xavier ouellet to montreal for his services ...so i expect the redwings to get him just because being from montreal i know the french people here will probably get excited at getting a french prospect

As much as id like to see moen here it kinda pisses me off we offered ouellet since we dont have too many defensemen in our system and hes been having a great year as an 18 yr old

They also said the redwings are interested in sheldon souray , really dont want him here hes a defensive liability

Well I don't see us trading our 1st round pick anytime soon, so we can just select a D-man in the first round to make up for the loss. Even though Ouellett is having a great season. But it's that reason, and his name :lol: that'll probably make him real attractive to MTL. Toss in a low round pick and I bet they'd take it. Moen would be a great pickup :thumbup:

cause he's a grinder and hits people ? hes a kind of player you want in the playoffs , i remember him with anaheim and he use to be really good .... and babcock coached him so i think he would be really valuable to us and i guess hed be on the 4th line and the kids like mursak and emmerton will be benched

Cant see the miller helm abdelkader line being broken up at this point , there on fire ... a moen cleary holmstrom 4th line would just be ridiculous in the playoffs , i really love our depth this year

if kenny could get moen and emelin from the habs that would be gold.

there's no way in hell habs will ever trade emelin , he's the only one that hits , now that you mention young defensemen i know it wont happen but for some reason luke schenn's name keeps being put out there on trade rumors, i really dont understand that and i dont know what it would cost us but it would be awesome to get him , he's only 22 and would kind of put us in good shape for the future after nick retires ... although i got a feeling we'll have weber and suter in a couple of years :P

Also another player thats on the trade block for some reason that blows my mind is james van riemsdyk , really cant understand why the flyers would trade him i know they want some defensemen cause of pronger's situation but dam he's so good and so young id throw kindl a 1st and like tatar ... if it could be done id do it in a heartbeat

Hmm... There's kind of an unattractive logjam at forward as it is. I would hope that the Wings would trade a player in the bottom six.

im sure they will just bench emmerton and mursak in the playoffs and let them watch and learn like they've done in the past with other players and let them be ready for next year

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

cause he's a grinder and hits people ? hes a kind of player you want in the playoffs , i remember him with anaheim and he use to be really good .... and babcock coached him so i think he would be really valuable to us and i guess hed be on the 4th line and the kids like mursak and emmerton will be benched

Cant see the miller helm abdelkader line being broken up at this point , there on fire ... a moen cleary holmstrom 4th line would just be ridiculous in the playoffs , i really love our depth this year

75 hits in 48 games. no thanks.

if we could get Clusterf***... now there's a hitter.

75 hits in 48 games. no thanks.

if we could get Clusterf***... now there's a hitter.

I'd take Clutterbuck in a second, he broke the record for hits in a single season and I don't think many people realized he did. But he's not all skate and slam, he can put up some goals and contributes offensively unlike someone like Konopka. Minnesota probably isn't looking to move him so it's a completely unrealistic scenario but i'd welcome the guy with open arms if it were to happen at some point.

Bob Mckenzie just said on the NHL network that Montreal will not trade Moen, they want to sign him to a new contract. Personally I am glad. I don't see what Moen will do as far as improving Detroit. To make a trade for the sake of making a trade is stupid. When the name Moen comes up thats what I think... trading for the sake of trading. I am all for improving this team but Moen is not anywhere near what we need. Glad that it appears that Montreal won't be trading him!

I'd take Clutterbuck in a second, he broke the record for hits in a single season and I don't think many people realized he did. But he's not all skate and slam, he can put up some goals and contributes offensively unlike someone like Konopka. Minnesota probably isn't looking to move him so it's a completely unrealistic scenario but i'd welcome the guy with open arms if it were to happen at some point.

Exactly. But it sure would be awesome though.

I wouldn't take Moen right now for ANYTHING. He brings nothing to the Wings. NOT A DAMN THING!

I am sick of hearing people suggest this would improve the team.

I will gladly take Moen after we lose Bertuzzi because then he can fill Abby's role while Abby attempts to fill Bert's. That is different, but if you add him now you lose someone off the roster and Moen would more likely destroy chemistry than improve the team.

Also another player thats on the trade block for some reason that blows my mind is james van riemsdyk , really cant understand why the flyers would trade him i know they want some defensemen cause of pronger's situation but dam he's so good and so young id throw kindl a 1st and like tatar ... if it could be done id do it in a heartbeat

im sure they will just bench emmerton and mursak in the playoffs and let them watch and learn like they've done in the past with other players and let them be ready for next year

Giving away kindl and Tatar for JVR would be a huge mistake in the long term. I think that would be like giving a way a first and a second round pick for a first round pick in the same position a year earlier. That is to say, Tatar could end up being JVR's equal, and Kindl still strikes me as a number four dman on most teams and a third pairing guy on the Wings.

More importantly, Emmerton and Mursak might get benched, but if you think they can add someone and bench them... you are wrong. No only do they have to expose someone to waivers off the main team, but they have to move a contract.

I just get the feeling we will regret any trade this year. The costs are too high and the team is too good already. There is just no world beater out there to trade for, so I say you listen to the phones and just wait. What people tend to forget is that if we were to wait until next year, past free agency even... we could have so much more in terms of an idea what we will need for long term success.

I do look at our prospects right now and see a lag in forwards of about 3 years and a lag in defensemen of about 5-6 years to being NHL ready and abundant. Goaltending is about 4-5 years off as well. Yet if we sit on it and wait, and plug the holes for just three years... we start to have the best young guns in the game again. You want to make that lag 4 or 5 years for forwards or thin out the d in 4-5 years???? to add Moen or someone now that is an insignificant addition?

The best team in the league should stay as such, and next year they can add in free agency anything they want, then try to keep together it the following year, then they will have tons of pieces to fiddle with whatever they need to... five years time the team will be much different, but the foundation will be in place. I see, if we don't make bone-headed trades like Ouellet for Moen... in six years a new young core that will be solid with unforseen superstars amongst them powering them through.

The best team in the league should stay as such, and next year they can add in free agency anything they want, then try to keep together it the following year, then they will have tons of pieces to fiddle with whatever they need to... five years time the team will be much different, but the foundation will be in place. I see, if we don't make bone-headed trades like Ouellet for Moen... in six years a new young core that will be solid with unforseen superstars amongst them powering them through.

the point is: is it worth to sacrifice some future for a better shot at the cup now?

if this means 1 Cup now and then quick rebuild (Nick is retiring anyway) rather than 4-5 years of making it to 2nd or 3rd playoff round but not further... then I say, sure as hell, it's the way to go.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I wouldn't take Moen right now for ANYTHING. He brings nothing to the Wings. NOT A DAMN THING!

I am sick of hearing people suggest this would improve the team.

I will gladly take Moen after we lose Bertuzzi because then he can fill Abby's role while Abby attempts to fill Bert's. That is different, but if you add him now you lose someone off the roster and Moen would more likely destroy chemistry than improve the team.

Replacing Emmerton in the line-up with Moen would not hurt team chemistry at all.

All these people calling Moen just a grinder and that he wouldnt improve this team at all are clearly just the homers who dont watch anything except the wings and think every prospect is going to be the next Datsyuk/Lidstrom.

People do realize hes the best PKer on the leagues best PK right? And that Detroit has a pretty terrible penalty kill. He was also part of the best shut down defensive line since the grindline that was huge fora cup win in anaheim. On top of that he plays a physical game that could only help come playoff time.

Do peoplle erally want to see a lineup with Emmerton and Mursak in come playoff time? The wings have always won cups with 4 lines they can roll and theyve been barely rolling the fourth line in the regular season this year, so what does that say about plaoyffs?

All these people calling Moen just a grinder and that he wouldnt improve this team at all are clearly just the homers who dont watch anything except the wings and think every prospect is going to be the next Datsyuk/Lidstrom.

People do realize hes the best PKer on the leagues best PK right? And that Detroit has a pretty terrible penalty kill. He was also part of the best shut down defensive line since the grindline that was huge fora cup win in anaheim. On top of that he plays a physical game that could only help come playoff time.

Do peoplle erally want to see a lineup with Emmerton and Mursak in come playoff time? The wings have always won cups with 4 lines they can roll and theyve been barely rolling the fourth line in the regular season this year, so what does that say about plaoyffs?

:clap::clap:

agreed with everything you said , that moen pahlsson neidermayer line was solid for the ducks the whole playoff run and i do think if drew miller continues dominating with helm and abdelkader you cant break that up so cleary would be on the 4th line with holmstrom and just imagine adding moen , i cant see any teams having a 4th line that good

I really want moen here but i dont wanna give up ouellet to do it , we dont have alot of solid defensemen besides smith waiting to come up

Guest Hatethedrake!

:clap::clap:

agreed with everything you said , that moen pahlsson neidermayer line was solid for the ducks the whole playoff run and i do think if drew miller continues dominating with helm and abdelkader you cant break that up so cleary would be on the 4th line with holmstrom and just imagine adding moen , i cant see any teams having a 4th line that good

I really want moen here but i dont wanna give up ouellet to do it , we dont have alot of solid defensemen besides smith waiting to come up

Ouellet was just speculation by the author in that article. Kenny will not give up a high rated prospect he just drafted for Moen. Kenny will make a fair offer and it will either be accepted or turned down. I like what Moen brings and think his game is more suited for the playoffs when the body checking increases and the ice shrinks. He elevates his game when it counts. Which is why he is highly sought after. However, there is no way Kenny gives up Ouellet for him.