• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Datsyuk out at least 2 weeks

Rate this topic

WTF! Appears he had his knee scoped this morning. I guess they were keeping that under wraps pretty well.

ya, i dont think anybody heard that he didnt travel with the team. im glad theyre getting it done though.

4 home games in the next 2 weeks. Van, Col, Minn, and black-hacks. gonna be tough to keep the streak alive.

That's... less than spectacular. But I agree, best to get it done now and get him geared up for the playoffs. Last time Pavs was hurt Hank stepped up in a big way; he's already gotten on a nice run of late.

What kind of knee surgery takes only 2 weeks to recover from?

The minor arthroscopic kind, evidently.

ya, i dont think anybody heard that he didnt travel with the team. im glad theyre getting it done though.

4 home games in the next 2 weeks. Van, Col, Minn, and black-hacks. gonna be tough to keep the streak alive.

I for one really do not care about the streak at this point, I want the team healthy/ready for the playoffs....

Seems just a little optimistic, but scoping isn't a big deal - I've had it done 4 times. You can walk on it the day of surgery. A little Aleve, some ice and a couple days later you're doing physical therapy. Well, 2 weeks later for me, but I've never been in that kind of physical condition. :)

i was wondering the same.

apparently, it seems pretty minor: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/02/red_wings_pavel_datsyuk_to_mis_1.html

i had a repair on my torn meniscus(sp?) a couple of years ago. it took me at least two mouth to feel I can do my usual activities. I guess this two month period can be cut in half with all right procedures, exercises etc. But two weeks... sounds a little too fast...

Edited by ami

Hopefully this explains (and remedies) his recent slump in point production and failure to take faceoffs. Definitely need both of those to come back before the playoffs.

While I do agree about the faceoff portion of your post, but the man has still played very well defensively and lights out game-in-game-out...

Forgot the game vs Preds?

DarthVaderNooo.jpg

*ahem* Now that that's out of my system...

As long as Datsyuk is healthy and ready for the playoffs, then missing him for a few weeks in February is an acceptable price to pay. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if 2 weeks stretches to 3, or more.

Get well soon, Pavs! Bertuzzi and Franzen won't be the same without you!

While I do agree about the faceoff portion of your post, but the man has still played very well defensively and lights out game-in-game-out...

Forgot the game vs Preds?

Hey I'm not saying the guy isn't good, he's always a threat. But so far, February has been his worst month (since his beginning of the season slump). He's less than a point a game in Feb, and was a point a game or more in Nov., Dec., and Jan. Also, Feb. is the first month since Oct. that's he's posted a minus (granted, only -2). Still effective, but less effective over the last 10 games or so.

Edited by kipwinger

I'm surprised they didn't pull the trigger on having this done during the All Star break. Maybe it wasn't as imminent at that point. But you'd have to think that if it was, they would have done this at the break. In past years they've given much less substantive reasons for not sending players to this event....so I'm guessing that his knee has continued to get worse since the All Star break.

These guys have appendectomies and play the next week. I had an appendectomy last March and I'm still not 100%. I wasn't supposed to lift anything over 10lbs for six weeks, yet they play hockey seven days after surgery That's insane to me. Also, Vladdy already said it, but getting your knee scoped is a very minor thing now. Both my parents have had this done recently and they were walking with crutches that day and without in a matter of days. I wish Pasha could keep racking the points up, but I'd prefer a healthy Dats in the playoffs than a scoring title.

Hey I'm not saying the guy isn't good, he's always a threat. But so far, February has been his worst month (since his beginning of the season slump). He's less than a point a game in Feb, and was a point a game or more in Nov., Dec., and Jan. Also, Feb. is the first month since Oct. that's he's posted a minus (granted, only -2). Still effective, but less effective over the last 10 games or so.

As a whole, the entire team is contributing more than relying on just a few players.

Criticizing that average is a bit over-the-top.