• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Datsyuk out at least 2 weeks

Rate this topic

Can't say I'm completely shocked, it has looked like he hasn't been 100% ever since the All-Star break. Still amazing at times, like against Nashville, but in some games he's looked a bit slow and hasn't always taken faceoffs.

Obviously it's gonna be a tough couple of weeks without him, and our winning streak(s) are really gonna be difficult to keep up, but Zetterberg has been our best player lately and might even raise his game even more now, and everyone else will step up too I'm sure. Howard being back will also give us a boost.

I wonder, will Tatar get his chance now? I'd really like him or Nyquist in the lineup, get some skill in there.

it was going to be hard enough to stay ahead of vancouver as it was. the canucks have an easier schedule to finish off the season.

without datsyuk for 2 weeks? no chance.

The wings have more home games than the Canucks.... This may mean no presidents trophy, but they should be ok in the west

The wings have more home games than the Canucks.... This may mean no presidents trophy, but they should be ok in the west

Wings need to finish top two... otherwise it will likely be a second round exit again.

Tough break - but hey, its up to the other guys (especially Filp and Z down the center) to up their games, get their feet moving, and make these top 2 lines remain effective. This could likely cost us the conference lead against Vancouver (way easier teams in their remaining schedule) but id rather have him firing on all cylinders come April.

There are a bunch of Debbie Downers in this thread. Seriously, the Wings are playing great as a team. Yet, when Dats goes down for just 2 weeks, fans are panicking saying the season is lost. I would hate to see what would happen if the Wings didn't make the playoffs one year. Would the collective fanbase jump off the bandwagon after that?

Put things into perspective everyone. Its two weeks without Dats, and we are playing our best hockey right now. The Wings are going to be ok without him for two weeks. Even if the Wings go .500, they will still be in prime position to get that presidents trophy when he returns.

Hopefully this explains (and remedies) his recent slump in point production and failure to take faceoffs. Definitely need both of those to come back before the playoffs.

Yeah, when Cleary went to get his knee taken care of Datsyuk looked hurt as well. You could tell something was bothering him so hopefully this is it. Although during those games it could've been his wrist since his passes and shots looked weak.

any hope of finishing first in the western conference is now gone.

LOL.

1. We are playing great hockey...umm, record setting hockey...and this is a TEAM sport, not an individual sport

2. Thats just plain stupid to say.

This is a blow to the way the Wings have been playing. I agree with some that this is a team sport however, Dats just opens the ice for everyone to move around him. I've heard Hank say that numerous times. He'll get back when he is ready and 100%. I think this team as a whole is strong, has been playing well as a unit, and will stand up and keep our position atop the West.

As long as he is back before March 10th. I will be attending my 2nd ever NHL game in Nashville and if Pasha isn't there, it won't be the same.

Get well soon!

Let's go WINGS!

Come on man, keep the faith. The squad's been owning it, as a whole, lately.

He is just a troll. He has no faith, or soul for that matter. He just is here to collect negatives while being negative.

Pavel really was having a Hart caliber season. He never would have won it mind you, but he was playing like an MVP.

Edited by Majsheppard

Guest stinky fish taco

He is just a troll. He has no faith, or soul for that matter. He just is here to collect negatives while being negative.

Pavel really was having a Hart caliber season. He never would have won it mind you, but he was playing like an MVP.

i don't get this. you call me a troll for suggesting that this will affect detroit's run for 1st in the west, but then you go on to say that datsyuk was having an MVP season.

losing arguably the best forward in the game isn't going to affect them at all?

losing arguably the best forward in the game isn't going to affect them at all?

sure. but you said quite differently:

any hope of finishing first in the western conference is now gone.

see the difference?

Wings have a history of losing their best players to injuries, they have a history of other players stepping up.

Edited by ami

Guest stinky fish taco

sure. but you said quite differently:

see the difference?

i think it's pretty apparent just how valuable datsyuk is to this team this season.

I'm glad Pav is getting things taken care of before the playoffs, but it is a total bummer for me - I'm going to my first game on Saturday and was hoping to see him play :( Oh well, I guess I would prefer seeing him play in a deep playoff run if I had to make a choice.

Now's the time to get it done.

We should be fine, we have enough depth to play .500 or better without Pavs. Someone will step it up with more ice time. Who would have thought we'd break the home winning streak record without Howard?

Guest stinky fish taco

Wings have a history of losing their best players to injuries, they have a history of other players stepping up.

so who stepped up tonight, other than howard?