• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

I'm surprised they didn't pull the trigger on having this done during the All Star break. Maybe it wasn't as imminent at that point. But you'd have to think that if it was, they would have done this at the break. In past years they've given much less substantive reasons for not sending players to this event....so I'm guessing that his knee has continued to get worse since the All Star break.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#22 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

These guys have appendectomies and play the next week. I had an appendectomy last March and I'm still not 100%. I wasn't supposed to lift anything over 10lbs for six weeks, yet they play hockey seven days after surgery That's insane to me. Also, Vladdy already said it, but getting your knee scoped is a very minor thing now. Both my parents have had this done recently and they were walking with crutches that day and without in a matter of days. I wish Pasha could keep racking the points up, but I'd prefer a healthy Dats in the playoffs than a scoring title.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#23 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#24 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hey I'm not saying the guy isn't good, he's always a threat. But so far, February has been his worst month (since his beginning of the season slump). He's less than a point a game in Feb, and was a point a game or more in Nov., Dec., and Jan. Also, Feb. is the first month since Oct. that's he's posted a minus (granted, only -2). Still effective, but less effective over the last 10 games or so.

As a whole, the entire team is contributing more than relying on just a few players.

Criticizing that average is a bit over-the-top.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#25 Datsyukian Geek

Datsyukian Geek

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 971 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

As long as Hank keeps stepping up the way he has been and producing, I'll feel better about losing Dats for a couple weeks...

#26 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hank stepped up in a big way last season with Dats out.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#27 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

So Zetterberg to first line and going all out and putting Mursak on the second?
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#28 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

So Zetterberg to first line and going all out and putting Mursak on the second?

I think Abby might center the second line. Either that or Babcock puts Filpulla at center and moves Cleary into the top 6. Mursak will be on the 4th line more than likely.

Edited by redwingfan19, 21 February 2012 - 01:23 PM.

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#29 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

I have to say, I thought he was anonymous on Sunday.....this probably explains why :(
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#30 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

As a whole, the entire team is contributing more than relying on just a few players.

Criticizing that average is a bit over-the-top.

Sort of just seems like you're in the mood to argue. Miller and Zetterberg scoring more doesn't mean that Datsyuk HAS to score less. It's not a zero sum game. Here's a simple question, do you think he's been as good since the all star break as he was before it?

Edited by kipwinger, 21 February 2012 - 01:29 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#31 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

Datsyuk probably suffered the same injury I did. It will take minor scope surgery and I was back to full tilt in two weeks. I played on mine for 2 months before the surgery.. I was on crutches for a day and was skating a couple days after. Just took two weeks to feel fully comfortable

#32 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

sort of just seems like you're in the mood to argue. Here's a simple question, do you think he's been as good since the all star break as he was before it?

I do not really keep track of numbers like you nor do I get to watch every game, but I do know the entire team as a whole is contributing more this year than previous...

In my eyes, it offsets things if a player or players output has diminished... Player(s) goes through slumps and taking a small snippet with the stats like you have is over-the-top in my eyes.

In a perfect world and society, this entire team would be firing on all cylinders and we would winning games with score of 20-0...

See how that is a bit silly? That is how I see your criticism of Pavel especially if he has been playing injured.

Edited by Rivalred, 21 February 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#33 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

I for one really do not care about the streak at this point, I want the team healthy/ready for the playoffs....

I couldn't agree more.

#34 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

Piss. Get well for the playoffs, that's all that matters.

How Pav and the organization go about their daily business is truly astounding.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#35 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

I do not really keep track of numbers like you nor do I get to watch every game, but I do know the entire team as a whole is contributing more this year than previous...

In my eyes, it offsets things if a player or players output has diminished... Player(s) goes through slumps and taking a small snippet with the stats like you have is over-the-top in my eyes.

In a perfect world and society, this entire team would be firing on all cylinders and we would winning games with score of 20-0...

See how that is a bit silly? That is how I see your criticism of Pavel especially if he has been playing injured.

Jesus Christ. The point I've been trying to make from the beginning is that IF he has been playing injured (as we both agree he has), and he's getting it taken care of now, then maybe we'll see his numbers return to over a point a game like they were Nov, Dec, and Jan. It's not a criticism of Datsyuk, its a hope that this will fix what is obviously a (smallish) problem. The fact that the team is playing better should only increase the likelihood of Pavel's scoring. Also, he had more ice time in the last ten games, which should increase his production as well. The fact is that his production is down (slightly), I'd say that this injury is probably having some effect. Now that they're taking care of it, maybe it won't be a problem anymore, which was my point to begin with.

Edited by kipwinger, 21 February 2012 - 01:46 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#36 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

OK, you quoted my post?

One does not have to pay close attention to the statistics like you have to know if the Wings are playing good hockey or not.

Pavel, rest up and get better bro...

Hope folks do not criticize the way you wipe your ass over the next 2 weeks and keep track if you shake one or two times after using the urinal.

#37 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Lines https://twitter.com/...012969914400768

More info per Babcock: https://twitter.com/...014945884577792

#38 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

I'm surprised they didn't pull the trigger on having this done during the All Star break. Maybe it wasn't as imminent at that point. But you'd have to think that if it was, they would have done this at the break. In past years they've given much less substantive reasons for not sending players to this event....so I'm guessing that his knee has continued to get worse since the All Star break.

That's a good point, but maybe it was personal preference. The squad is in a pretty comfortable (or at least as comfortable as one can be in the league this season) place in the standings and maybe it wasn't as bad before, so Pav wanted to do it now.

Maybe we should just be happy it's not a concussion! --> Get well soon Patty Eaves! (Or that the injury bug hasn't hit the Wings as bad this year...knock on wood).

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#39 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

any hope of finishing first in the western conference is now gone.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#40 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

any hope of finishing first in the western conference is now gone.

Come on man, keep the faith. The squad's been owning it, as a whole, lately.