• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'm surprised they didn't pull the trigger on having this done during the All Star break. Maybe it wasn't as imminent at that point. But you'd have to think that if it was, they would have done this at the break. In past years they've given much less substantive reasons for not sending players to this event....so I'm guessing that his knee has continued to get worse since the All Star break.

If we tried they would have suspended him.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#42 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

OK, you quoted my post?

One does not have to pay close attention to the statistics like you have to know if the Wings are playing good hockey or not.

Pavel, rest up and get better bro...

Hope folks do not criticize the way you wipe your ass over the next 2 weeks and keep track if you shake one or two times after using the urinal.

Who said they were playing bad? I said Pavel's numbers are down lately, WHICH THEY ARE, and maybe fixing his knee will bring them back up...WHICH WOULD BE GOOD. It's an accurate observation, not a criticism. I'm not exactly sure what your problem is with that, but it's sure as hell maddening that you're continuing on with it.

Edited by kipwinger, 21 February 2012 - 02:05 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#43 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Pavel, you will be missed over the next two weeks even though your production has diminished to less than a PPG (point per game) for three weeks out of the shortest month of the year while not finishing up the month, which therefore would screw the final results when comparing an entire full month depending of course how many games where scheduled in previous months and how much ice time you have played in correlation to global warming and the seemingly warm winter.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#44 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Come on man, keep the faith. The squad's been owning it, as a whole, lately.

it was going to be hard enough to stay ahead of vancouver as it was. the canucks have an easier schedule to finish off the season.

without datsyuk for 2 weeks? no chance.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#45 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

it was going to be hard enough to stay ahead of vancouver as it was. the canucks have an easier schedule to finish off the season.

Taco Bull strikes again.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#46 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

wow what a blow! so much for the streak continuing!

#47 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Cleanups.

And multi-million dollar assets don't visit the doctor you and I go to.

Point taken, but actually they do. Way back in the day, my knee/ankle doctor was also Kirk Gibson's guy. But yes, we most likely do not have access to the same trainers and rehab technology they do.

Arthroscopic (sp?) surgery is just a small incision, then they put a small camera in there to look around for any damage. If there is no (or minimal) damge, recovery can be really fast.

The streak is fun, but i don't want it to wear the guys out before the playofffs. Especially with Dats out, Z will put the extra load on himself.

Edited by T.Low, 21 February 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#48 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Damn ... like many of you, didn't see this coming! We can do this ... Jimmy is back, let's hope he plays lights out and steals a few games for us. Z steps up, some of the young ones as well. Most importantly, we need #13 for the playoffs.

#49 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Man Pasha is never going to hit 100 points at this rate. I was really pulling for him this year.

#50 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Lame. I had a couple more zingers lined up before the refs stopped the fight. Anyway, hopefully we'll see a return to form once he's back.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#51 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

Can't say I'm completely shocked, it has looked like he hasn't been 100% ever since the All-Star break. Still amazing at times, like against Nashville, but in some games he's looked a bit slow and hasn't always taken faceoffs.

Obviously it's gonna be a tough couple of weeks without him, and our winning streak(s) are really gonna be difficult to keep up, but Zetterberg has been our best player lately and might even raise his game even more now, and everyone else will step up too I'm sure. Howard being back will also give us a boost.

I wonder, will Tatar get his chance now? I'd really like him or Nyquist in the lineup, get some skill in there.

#52 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

The wings have more home games than the Canucks.... This may mean no presidents trophy, but they should be ok in the west

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#53 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

If we tried they would have suspended him.

ha ha...totally. At least this time we'd have a doctors note :D
ENJOY THE RIDE

#54 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

The wings have more home games than the Canucks.... This may mean no presidents trophy, but they should be ok in the west

Wings need to finish top two... otherwise it will likely be a second round exit again.

#55 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Tough break - but hey, its up to the other guys (especially Filp and Z down the center) to up their games, get their feet moving, and make these top 2 lines remain effective. This could likely cost us the conference lead against Vancouver (way easier teams in their remaining schedule) but id rather have him firing on all cylinders come April.

#56 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

There are a bunch of Debbie Downers in this thread. Seriously, the Wings are playing great as a team. Yet, when Dats goes down for just 2 weeks, fans are panicking saying the season is lost. I would hate to see what would happen if the Wings didn't make the playoffs one year. Would the collective fanbase jump off the bandwagon after that?

Put things into perspective everyone. Its two weeks without Dats, and we are playing our best hockey right now. The Wings are going to be ok without him for two weeks. Even if the Wings go .500, they will still be in prime position to get that presidents trophy when he returns.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#57 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hopefully this explains (and remedies) his recent slump in point production and failure to take faceoffs. Definitely need both of those to come back before the playoffs.

Yeah, when Cleary went to get his knee taken care of Datsyuk looked hurt as well. You could tell something was bothering him so hopefully this is it. Although during those games it could've been his wrist since his passes and shots looked weak.

#58 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Oh dear god no!
But hey, I am happy with 23 wings in a row at home.

EDIT: And lets not forget, Jimmy is back :)

Edited by CanadaBoy, 21 February 2012 - 03:33 PM.

But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#59 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Minor surgery is surgery that happens to someone else.

He'll be in great shape for the playoffs and that is the important thing. Get well quick, Dats!

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#60 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

any hope of finishing first in the western conference is now gone.

LOL.
1. We are playing great hockey...umm, record setting hockey...and this is a TEAM sport, not an individual sport

2. Thats just plain stupid to say.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!