• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Kyle Quincey traded to Detroit in 3 team trade (TBL & COL)

Rate this topic

I mean he basically sent away our first round draft pick which i was hoping was going to be used in a package along with a player or two to land someone bigger at the deadline.

This is what annoys me the most about this trade. I don't mind giving up a first round pick, but for Quincey? C'mon...

I like the move as far as bringing him back goes, but I'm a bit on the fence about sending a first rounder the other way. I thought for sure our first rounder would go towards bringing a forward in. I just hope we don't have to trade Tatar, Nyquist, or Smith if we make another move.

Either way, looking forward to seeing Quincey in the line up. Definitely an improvement on our blue line :thumbup:

My friend text me and I had to rush onto here, and Twitter. He said he was in 'Quincey shock'.

Stuart is what I thought of as well. Kindl is the obvious guy to move but I don't think it would return much without yet more picks and prospects. Stuart to LA, some nice player in return, rather than another role playing D man or Penalty Killer, that we already have enough of to be honest

LA's biggest need is offense, can't imagine he'd end up there.

I think Kindl is much more likely.

quincey is a huge replacement over kindl, what if holland is expecting another team to overpay for kindl or someone else? (never know)

huge replacement? worth a 1st round pick?? jesus at this point id much rather have gotten kubina for a 2nd and 4th , hes gonna be in the 3rd pairing and hes making 3 million a yr along with ericsson , thats 6 million total for our 3rd pairing , thats crazyyy

And yes i do expect kindl gone with brendan smith up next year but theres no way in hell kindl will fetch a 1st round pick , we'll be lucky to get a 3rd for kindl

i dont usually disagree with kenny but this is a disaster of a deal , much rather have given up the 1st for like selanne as a rental or someone of that type

Looks like Stevie did us a favor:

Helene St. James @freepwings Close

Little gem here: It was Yzerman who made this happen. COL didn't want what Det offered directly, so Yzerman (TB) got Quincey (con't)

having pre-arranged what DET would give TB. Bear in mind, Wings 1st-round pick will be mid-20-to-30

LOGISTICS OF A DETROIT RED WINGS FIRST ROUND PICK:

-Not a sure thing (late 1st round picks in the NHL aren't necessarily toss-ups, but they are far from a sure thing)

-We wouldn't see whomever they drafted for AT LEAST 4 years anyway; so in the short term this is a good deal.

While I understand your logic of it all i still see this as a bad trade for 2 reasons.

1 )Quincey, in my mind, is in no way shape or form worth a 1st round pick. I mean we essentially gave away our 1st rounder for a 3rd pairing dman.

2) Just lost our biggest bidding tool. I understand your point about a 1st round pick not being ready to play for 4 years, and I'm not disputing that claim. Nor am i disputing the fact that we can trade away our first round pick and still be successful in the draft. My only problem is now we don't have perhaps our biggest negotiating tool (the first round pick) to put a package together for a big name player, that with our cap space, i though we were for sure going to get. Now, if we are to make a bigger splash at the deadline we will have to ship out more of our prospects to land someone. Which kind of negates your point about the "having to wait 4 years for the player to be ready for the NHL" argument. We will have to trade more players that have already been drafted and have matured a year or two already in the minors who are closer to being ready to play.

I just don't like how Holland has made this deal, whether it be a favor to Yzerman or whatever his logic is, i just hate seeing this first round pick go down the drain for a guy like Quincey.

Stuart has probably told Holland that he will not be returning and this is why Holland get Quincey to be Stuarts replacement next year.

This. I would be surprised to see Stu back now anyway because i would hope we didnt trade a 1st for a 3rd pairing guy. I would imagine they want to give Quincey Stuart's playing time.

I think people are overvaluing Detroit's first round pick, here.

Quincey is a young defenseman who can help Detroit this season, fetch a low price during the offseason, and possibly get us a couple picks in compensation if someone else decides to throw an offer sheet.

Not to mention Stuart may not be here next season and Lidstrom will either be getting marginally worse or retire. Doesn't hurt to have options.

While I understand your logic of it all i still see this as a bad trade for 2 reasons.

1 )Quincey, in my mind, is in no way shape or form worth a 1st round pick. I mean we essentially gave away our 1st rounder for a 3rd pairing dman.

2) Just lost our biggest bidding tool. I understand your point about a 1st round pick not being ready to play for 4 years, and I'm not disputing that claim. Nor am i disputing the fact that we can trade away our first round pick and still be successful in the draft. My only problem is now we don't have perhaps our biggest negotiating tool (the first round pick) to put a package together for a big name player, that with our cap space, i though we were for sure going to get. Now, if we are to make a bigger splash at the deadline we will have to ship out more of our prospects to land someone. Which kind of negates your point about the "having to wait 4 years for the player to be ready for the NHL" argument. We will have to trade more players that have already been drafted and have matured a year or two already in the minors who are closer to being ready to play.

I just don't like how Holland has made this deal, whether it be a favor to Yzerman or whatever his logic is, i just hate seeing this first round pick go down the drain for a guy like Quincey.

1.) IMO, Quincey is a top 4 D-man to play on our 3rd pairing :thumbup:

2.) You're pretty much dead on here.

our first isn't really a great bargaining chip. it looks good on paper but when other teams throw a first rounder into a deal its a much bigger deal as ours is likely a 27-30. we will see either ericsson or kindl traded for an early second most likely at this point. I wouldn't mind unloading ericsson's contract or else we will have too many guys on the back end with 3mil+ contracts. so really its quincey traded for a pick maybe 8-10 spots later in the draft. not bad.

CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS: does quincey play right side? i know he shoots left. but is he like stuart?

huge replacement? worth a 1st round pick?? jesus at this point id much rather have gotten kubina for a 2nd and 4th , hes gonna be in the 3rd pairing and hes making 3 million a yr along with ericsson , thats 6 million total for our 3rd pairing , thats crazyyy

And yes i do expect kindl gone with brendan smith up next year but theres no way in hell kindl will fetch a 1st round pick , we'll be lucky to get a 3rd for kindl

i dont usually disagree with kenny but this is a disaster of a deal , much rather have given up the 1st for like selanne as a rental or someone of that type

He has the chance to at least beat out stuart. He can also play on the PP instead of hudler.