• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Kyle Quincey traded to Detroit in 3 team trade (TBL & COL)

Rate this topic

im just saying what he said , he said we have alot of travis moen's ... named abdelkader and helm and even said people dont know this alot but filppula hits alot , what i heard is they are looking for a skilled forward

The only thing i can see happening now is something like a 2nd round pick, kindl and maybe some mid level prospect being available for this so called skill player mcguire says were looking for

Oh I know you were repeating what Pierre said, I was commenting on that.. Wasn't flaming at you pal, sorry for the mixup.... Next time I'll add a "Pierre is a ******" to the comment.

Piche isn't an NHL d-man. So he's a throw-in that doesn't hurt the Wings in the slightest.

This is a late, late, LATE (we're talking 26th overall max) 1st rounder for Quincey. Q's on pace for 33pts last time I checked and is an instant upgrade for our third pairing and 2nd PP unit.

Hudler can move to the wing on the 2nd pairing, sliding Quincey into his place beside Kronwall.

Don't forget that Quincey really bloomed as an NHL player since being waived by the Wings. Last week when I was scouring his stats (I made a case in a forum post for the Wings to trade for him) he was leading all Colorado d-men in ice time per game, points, goals and shorthanded points.

I have to agree with others here. This is a good pickup.

Back when Quincey was let go, I thought it was a mistake after watching him in Grand Rapids. At the same time though, decisions had to be made. He blossomed as a good 2nd line defenseman with his play for the Kings and Avalanche. I know people are bent out of shape over missing out on a first round pick, and I am on the fence about it. At the same time, if we chose to keep Quincey and he didn't blossom, people would be quick to judge about how much of a mistake it was.

Edited by Nightfall

Some of you need to stop screaming like this is the end of the world. I guess in a way it's ironic; people are getting all up in arms about an iffy trade because they have almost never--if at all--had to experience an iffy trade of any sort during Holland's tenure as GM. Typical spoilage.

+1! Listen guys, Piche' was never gonna make it here, Holland usually trades away his 1st rounders at the draft anyhow for more low rounders. The draft is a crap shoot and he prefers to draft lower to let the draft picks simmer in their Junior clubs and GRR until they are nice and ripe and ready for the NHL. How often does Holland draft NHL ready players? Exactly... This is a good move. Quincey is better than Kindl. Throws his body around more than Ericsson.

im pretty sure we are DONE with our defense ... but if we trade kindl wouldnt we need another defensemen?? I was always under the impression we were going after a veteran defensemen with playoff experience and incase there is an injury i really dont wanna depend on mike commodore for the post season he's been a bust

is there anyone out there that can be had for a late round pick?? jaroslav spacek? ( no i dont want him)

again i think were done , just asking what you guys think

How does this affect our cap space? Im not familiar with how trades midway through the season change the cap. I know he makes like 3 mill or so, does that all got towards our cap this year? How much space does that leave us if we were going to make a run at someone at the deadline still?

we still have about 20 million in salaries we could get so were fine

Prior to it everyone complained that that was one, if not THE, gaff of Holland's career. Now that he's back, he cost us too much. Make up your damn mind already.

You can't see how both of those are still valid?

I don't know that I would even say he was THE gaffe. But clearly they were off in their evaluation of their young defenseman at that point. But that's not to say I thought Quincey was some absolute awesome defenseman the Wings had to get back.

Like I said, I'm just meh. He's an upgrade over Kindl for sure. Can kill penalties. Plays on the PP. The move definitely improved our defense.

C'mon guys, noboby belived that Detroit will be so good this season... Kenny is great architect, he traded LATE 1st rounder for Quincey - I think that we can agree that he's top 4 quality D. He will find suckers in Montreal/Islanders/Blue Jackets/Edmonton and trade Kindl for the 2nd rounder which will equal our 1st rounder.

P.S. Note to Kenny, Ericsson for Peckhman and our DEF is fine.

Here is what really doesn't make sense. The wings gave up a pick AND Sebadtian Piche. The lightning were giving up Steve downie essentially for those 2 assets. I don't pay much attention to Tampa but he is pretty good right? So what gives?

I don't think he was an essential piece. Plus he wanted a change of scenery. I'm thinking of the potential backlash from some Tampa fans, if they find out that Yzerman basically went out of his way, lost a player for a pick and an average prospect, just to help his old team. I get what you mean though, but I think he got exactly what he wanted out of it, and a little more by being smart and acting as a go-between.

yes i watched hockey if you notice quincey is 6'2 200 +pounds , we didnt have alot of big guys in the back end back then , meech was 5'10 thats why i was so against getting rid of quincey for meech back then ... meech was -12 both seasons in detroit wouldnt say he was so good

anyways let's just agree to disagree :thumbup:

From the looks of it, you've referenced his height and weight roughly 100 times in this thread. It's irrelevant. Chara is tall, heavy, strong, and a great player. Martin St. Louis is about 4 foot tall, 90 pounds soaking wet, and a great player. You've glossed over the entire counter argument presented to you that Quincey wasn't playing well enough to keep a place over Meech. You've mentioned that he was -12 but have made absolutely no effort to argue why Quincey was so much better. That's like me saying "Coke is great because Pepsi sucks"... when in fact they could both suck, just one a bit more than the other. From a management point of view you don't waive the better player when there is a risk either could be claimed. You attempt to waive the worse player and hope for the best. Hindsight is 20/20. But he's back. So get over it.

Guest Crymson

giving him away for nothing was the stupidest move ever....

What do you think we could have gotten for him? A sixth-round pick, perhaps? It's not like anyone knew that he'd develop into an effective defenseman.

Guest Crymson

Prior to it everyone complained that that was one, if not THE, gaff of Holland's career. Now that he's back, he cost us too much. Make up your damn mind already.

If waiving an unremarkable defenseman who turned out to be a serviceable defenseman is THE gaffe of Holland's career, then he's done so brilliantly that nobody should be complaining.

You can't see how both of those are still valid?

I don't know that I would even say he was THE gaffe. But clearly they were off in their evaluation of their young defenseman at that point. But that's not to say I thought Quincey was some absolute awesome defenseman the Wings had to get back.

Like I said, I'm just meh. He's an upgrade over Kindl for sure. Can kill penalties. Plays on the PP. The move definitely improved our defense.

I do, but as they say, hindsight is 20/20.

Guest Crymson

In short, its very easy to make a decision in hindsight. Everyone complaining about this trade is doing just that.

Precisely. But if there's anything we've learned about Wings fans on this board, it's that many of them expect perfection where management is concerned. And that's because Holland and Co. are so excellent at their jobs that very few remember a time when the Wings made stupid personnel decisions.

+1! Listen guys, Piche' was never gonna make it here, Holland usually trades away his 1st rounders at the draft anyhow for more low rounders. The draft is a crap shoot and he prefers to draft lower to let the draft picks simmer in their Junior clubs and GRR until they are nice and ripe and ready for the NHL. How often does Holland draft NHL ready players? Exactly... This is a good move. Quincey is better than Kindl. Throws his body around more than Ericsson.

no one cares about piche , he was a throw in so the redwings could get under the 50 contracts max were allowed to have

Cant dismiss the classic holland trades away 1st round pick for 2 later picks , its done us well ... anyways im not against quincey coming back i just dont think hes worth a 1st round pick ... no way in hell , i do think this spells the end of kindl in detroit though

we'll see what happens with quincey