• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Kyle Quincey traded to Detroit in 3 team trade (TBL & COL)

Rate this topic

I meant for this season. How much room do we have now if we were to try and get someone else before the deadline

meant for this year , we had like 5 million cap space which translate to about 20 million since more than half the season has been played , we could add rick nash say , if we wanted ( not saying we should )

now kindl and some prospects for a forward plz?

this would be great, but for whom? we already have enough pluggers and 3rd and 4th line guys (dont forget Eaves coming back) im all for the big trade as much as the next guy but thats just not Holland's MO.

meant for this year , we had like 5 million cap space which translate to about 20 million since more than half the season has been played , we could add rick nash say , if we wanted ( not saying we should )

Here's some numbers for everybody now: The Wings will have about $22 million in cap space at the deadline, which would mean they would be able to acquire Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Semin at the deadline and still have cap space to spare.

I don't think he was an essential piece. Plus he wanted a change of scenery. I'm thinking of the potential backlash from some Tampa fans, if they find out that Yzerman basically went out of his way, lost a player for a pick and an average prospect, just to help his old team. I get what you mean though, but I think he got exactly what he wanted out of it, and a little more by being smart and acting as a go-between.

From the looks of it, you've referenced his height and weight roughly 100 times in this thread. It's irrelevant. Chara is tall, heavy, strong, and a great player. Martin St. Louis is about 4 foot tall, 90 pounds soaking wet, and a great player. You've glossed over the entire counter argument presented to you that Quincey wasn't playing well enough to keep a place over Meech. You've mentioned that he was -12 but have made absolutely no effort to argue why Quincey was so much better. That's like me saying "Coke is great because Pepsi sucks"... when in fact they could both suck, just one a bit more than the other. From a management point of view you don't waive the better player when there is a risk either could be claimed. You attempt to waive the worse player and hope for the best. Hindsight is 20/20. But he's back. So get over it.

just saying how i felt at that time , it has nothing to do with what's happened during the years , i didnt think we had many big bodies out there and id much rather of waived meech than quincey at the time for that reason

He was also 22 years old , not saying he was as good as brendan smith at the time but look at smith now in grand rapids and hes 23 , just think we shouldnt of given him up at the time

anyways whats done is done

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I guess I don't really like or dislike this trade. It's just kinda meh. At first glance, I thought the first round pick was definitely way too steep for Quincey, but after reading through the comments, others have made strong points here about the pick being quite low anyways.

I do agree this seems to a be pre-cursor to another move at the deadline, likely involving Kindl. His play hasn't been too sharp for awhile now so the reasonable explanation would be the Red Wings keep dressing him to showcase him for a trade. I still hope the Red Wings can swing a deal for a Moen/Gaustad type player to help improve the PK. The price and availability for a top-six forward seems completely unlikely for Holland to pull the trigger at this point.

I think the worst part part of the trade for me is this signals Stuart is almost assuredly leaving this summer. Quincey is a decent enough d-man, but he isn't Brad Stuart. I really don't think Quincey even brings similar attributes to the team, so the speculation he's going to fill Stuart's role puzzles me a bit. Ericsson plays more like Stuart than Quincey does.

Depth on defense is never a bad thing to have. I trust Ken Holland to have made the right decision in a move like this. Just hope this isn't the one and only deal he makes in the next six days.

he isn't as good of a hitter or shot blocker but a way better offensive dman, and still has potential. Nto sure where you are coming with him being a downgrade from stuart. Quincey has only 1 pt less than kronwall in 7 less games.

If waiving an unremarkable defenseman who turned out to be a serviceable defenseman is THE gaffe of Holland's career, then he's done so brilliantly that nobody should be complaining.

My point exactly. I don't have much of an opinion on the matter, but there has been some massive complaining over the years since we lost him and he turned out to be better than Meech.

I think people are making too big of a deal out of this.

This is a decent move, especially short term. Also seems to me like Holland has a bit more up his sleeve and this is obviously part of a bigger plan.

Watch Kenny go out and move Ericsson for a top 10. :lol:

Precisely. But if there's anything we've learned about Wings fans on this board, it's that many of them expect perfection where management is concerned. And that's because Holland and Co. are so excellent at their jobs that very few remember a time when the Wings made stupid personnel decisions.

Aren't you a guy who started a thread last year to make fun of Quincey's poor season?

Now you seem to be admitting that Holland made a mistake.

Here's some numbers for everybody now: The Wings will have about $22 million in cap space at the deadline, which would mean they would be able to acquire Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Semin at the deadline and still have cap space to spare.

problem is we have no 1st round pick to deal now and i dont know about anyone here but i really dont wanna give up anyone in our top 10 prospects list , maybe say tatar in a package deal but it have to be a hell of a return coming back

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

What do you think we could have gotten for him? A sixth-round pick, perhaps? It's not like anyone knew that he'd develop into an effective defenseman.

Okay that is bulls***. WE KNEW.

He played in the playoffs that one year right before we let him go... in 2007 and played 13 games and was an even player. The following season he got the grand rapids treatment. The tape is there, everyone could see it.

I remember talking about how he looked comfortable out there. Instead of getting his chance he was shipped off because it would have cost us Meech to bring him up. Then the following year we decided to go with the seemingly more versatile and experienced Meech. They knew he was a good player, and they hoped they could sneak him into the minors. It was among the dumbest moves the franchise has done under Holland.

It is easy to say in hindsight it was something that was wrong, and I know we wouldn't have gotten anything... I think we should just admit we f***ed up, and this trade is the public announcement that we f***ed up so bad, we are willing to f*** up even greater to make amends. We knew he was a solid player, and I just don't buy this as an intelligent move.

Ironically, this could lead to us making the exact same move with KINDL!!!!

I think people are making too big of a deal out of this.

This is a decent move, especially short term. Also seems to me like Holland has a bit more up his sleeve and this is obviously part of a bigger plan.

Watch Kenny go out and move Ericsson for a top 10. :lol:

Sure is.

corycross.jpg

Okay that is bulls***. WE KNEW.

He played in the playoffs that one year right before we let him go... in 2007 and played 13 games and was an even player. The following season he got the grand rapids treatment. The tape is there, everyone could see it.

I remember talking about how he looked comfortable out there. Instead of getting his chance he was shipped off because it would have cost us Meech to bring him up. Then the following year we decided to go with the seemingly more versatile and experienced Meech. They knew he was a good player, and they hoped they could sneak him into the minors. It was among the dumbest moves the franchise has done under Holland.

It is easy to say in hindsight it was something that was wrong, and I know we wouldn't have gotten anything... I think we should just admit we f***ed up, and this trade is the public announcement that we f***ed up so bad, we are willing to f*** up even greater to make amends. We knew he was a solid player, and I just don't buy this as an intelligent move.

he also had an awesome butt grind across the boards in the playoffs

My point exactly. I don't have much of an opinion on the matter, but there has been some massive complaining over the years since we lost him and he turned out to be better than Meech.

honestly i dont care about the whole waived quincey over meech debate , yes was a mistake but whatever we did worse ... we lost adam oates for example and lived ... im just saying in no way do i think kyle quincey is worth a 1st round pick and i wouldnt of done it ... that's it

At this point the redwings might as well trade the 2nd round pick and go for it all this year with lidstrom aging and brad stuart's likely last year as a wing

Watch us have to spend a first to get him back in four years time when he is a very good player because we decided there was no room for him.

Just get rid of Commodore 22, he sucks way more than Kindl in the long run.

And, per Ansar Khan, what Holland said:

Ken Holland: “I talked to (Colorado GM) Greg Sherman a few days ago about Quincey and we didn't have a fit. In the last 48 hours, Steve (Yzerman) called me and said he had a deal to get Quincey and asked if we're interested. We got a 26-year-old defenseman who's got experience. He's played 20-plus minutes. He competes. He's coming into his prime. We expect him to be on our team going forward, and he improves our team on the back end this year. We should have never let him go. It worked out great for him. He got an opportunity in L.A .and Colorado."

Edited by Tim.D

Well, here's the real question. Would anyone here rather have gotten Kubina? Or is Quincey a better acquisition?

I would have rather had neither personally. Or just picked Quincey back up as a free agent.

I am wondering if Stuart is headed to California at the deadline...

I have a really ******* borderline cheating concept in mind...

Just said that he was currently playing for the Red Wings. Someone got really excited to edit the Wikipedia page

Yeah, it sort of is like wanting to be the person to make this thread. :D