• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Kyle Quincey traded to Detroit in 3 team trade (TBL & COL)

Rate this topic

I've asked this twice and everyone is ignoring the question! Can someone answer this? I've seen on youtube he plays left mostly from the highlights I've seen.

Nobody is answering you because people on here don't watch enough hockey to be able to tell and are basing this trade on the Kyle Quincey from three years ago.

Lets look at this short term fellas: top 4 D-man playing in the 3rd pairing for us in exchange for a pick whom we wouldn't see for at least 4 years......

I love this pickup

I completely agree! Piche wasn't a NHL player. as for the pick....we like our picks more seasoned ( like 210th overall :)

Welcome back Quincey

Gotta say, I like this trade because hopefully the Wings will have the 30th pick this year. Know what I'm saying?

I trust the Wings scouts; I trust Holland.

Q is young, and I agree with the the person who posted that Q is on par with Stuart.

I'm glad to see Quincey back. If I recall correctly, Meech leapfrogged him on the depth charts partly due to injuries to Q. I seem to remember him breaking his hand in training camp one year and having lower back issues the other year.

His buttslide on the bench rail in the 2007 playoffs was just awesome, and I think he will give an extra spark in the blueline since he is still hungry and seems to be thrilled to be back in the winged wheel.

So why are the Wings giving up a first round pick for a guy they drafted in the 4th round and then wound up waving for nothing? If he was that good to begin with they would not of waived him but now you give up a first for a cast off? Is Kenny Holland just feeling sympathy for Stevie Yzerman or does our team not believe in drafting in the first round? Brian Burke wouldn't of made this deal for God's sake!

For one Brian Burke is not even in the same class as Kenny holland. Quincy was put on waivers because they believed in meech. Little did they know Quincy would pan out the way he did. Some players take a little time to develope. Seems that will be the case with kindl who has amazing upside. Quincy is a huge upgrade over a washed up paved kubina not to mention he already knows the wings system from being here before.. Holland traded our first cause he lands big time players later in the draft. look. What he did last yr in the draft. Traded out of the first. Land Tomas jurco iin the second.

Edited by EastonWings

Kind of funny. As soon as we heard Detroit was rumored to be interested in Kubina it became pretty obvious we'd be trading with Yzerman somehow. Including them in a 3 way deal makes sense. Also the "out of left field" move I was predicting, not to toot my own horn. ;)

At any rate, after Quincey's initial stint in Colorado I lost track of him. I assume he's still a solid defenseman? And to people getting bent out of shape over a 1st rounder, it'd be late enough in the draft to essentially be a 2nd rounder. After the first 10 or 15 picks there's little difference between a late 1st and a 3rd round pick.

Kind of funny how he winds up back here though. Not going to say I'm unhappy, depth is good, but I'm not sure exactly how he helps us. That's probably because I haven't followed him since he left though so I'm not sure what he brings to the table.

Guest Crymson

Would have way rather had Downie.

You've been very unhappy that Holland hasn't made any moves over the past three seasons. Aren't you happy now, or is "I wanted the other guy" the best you can say?

Rather underwhelmed if this is all that happens - hoping to see Holland just setting up for something great.

Quincey isn't bad (mainly plays on the left side for Colorado, by the way), but I would rather see the first go to a forward, as I think Kindl/Commodore/Smith/Janik was plenty of depth already on D. Makes me think/hope Holland is now wheeling a defenseman for a forward upgrade... he did get this one done pretty early.

Having Ericsson and Quincey making a combined $7m next year does not thrill me.

You've been very unhappy that Holland hasn't made any moves over the past three seasons. Aren't you happy now, or is "I wanted the other guy" the best you can say?

I'm sorry you can not understand my frustration of the fact our GM waived this guy for nothing just to turn around and pay a 1st rounder to get him back.

But I'm glad everything is sunshine and lolipops for ya :).

I'm sorry you can not understand my frustration of the fact our GM waived this guy for nothing just to turn around and pay a 1st rounder to get him back.

But I'm glad everything is sunshine and lolipops for ya :).

I understand a bit and it frustrates me too, but st the end of the day a player needs ice time to develop. 3 years ago would you slot him before lids, rafalski, Stuart, kronwall? We couldn't give him the ice time and he was not the player he is now. I know it sucks but we basically gave up a pick for someone to develop him for us and give him 20+ minutes a night... Something we never could and still will struggle to give him. Quincey would not be the player he is today if he remained in our system. I firmly believe that.

Glad to have Quincey back! :thumbup: Wasn't too confident Piche was gonna make it anyway, however, a 1st rounder?

23 points in 54 games is a plus. He is -1, but that doesn't worry me too much, considering it was with Colorado. I had a feeling Downie was available. I'm jealous of the Avs a little <_<

Now, it sounds like he is here to stay a while. Stuart's replacement? Likely, but I don't think it would be wise for Ken to deal Stuart at the deadline. He's an important component of our defense. In addition, I don't think Commodore is gonna attract much interest. That leaves Kindl. He will draw interest, but do we wanna get rid of him at the deadline? Well, I don't think we're gonna roll with 8 defensemen. I think Stuart will likely be dealt after the season is over, so we can at least get something for him.

It is clear Ken is not done. I'm excited to see what he can do. I heard scouts were at the Sharks/Jackets game.

During the broadcast against the Hawks tonight, Kenny was interviewed and he practically sounded like he was in love with Quincey. Talking about wanting to sign him to a possible long term deal in the off season. Anyone else catch that, or am I imagining things?

Kindl shouldn't be traded at all. He has needed at least 3 years at every level to develop properly (getting better pointwise and his +/- stats), so the Wings shouldn't let him go before evaluating his real worth next year. Unless they want to trade for him in about two years time :P

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=71295

I have a sneaking suspicion we might move Brad Stuart. He's been great, but he's an unrestricted free agent after this year and I've heard his wife has basically told him he has to sign with a West Coast team. Might as well get something for his value before we lose him. Perhaps Stuart and someone else in a deal for Selanne?

I'd like to get a cup for his worth. Might be set up to trade him, but just let him go in the summer and take a shot at someone else, thank him for his time with a second cup.

And whilst a lot of people are saying a 1st is far too steep, it's not really a 1st... More like a 2nd + a finders fee for Yzerman. He's obviously a smooth negotiator. I'm sure the draft pick had a lot to do with Yzerman wanted the highest possible pick, considering he didn't really have to help out. He saw an opportunity and took it.

Sorry didn't click the quote, but someone also said to trade Stuart in the off-season, which (if I'm not mistaken) cannot happen. Hence 'trade deadline'. Either trade him before the deadline or he goes out of contract. Far as I know there is no opportunity to trade him after the season.

giving him away for nothing was the stupidest move ever....

also if their is a lockout next year that first round pick could turn out to be first overall...

uhhh no. The following year it would be the year where there would be a lotto... and there will not be another lockout. The league is running really smoothly.

There's always that chance, but Kindl at least has gotten almost 100 games on the Wings for them to evaluate him. Quincey got what less than 30? Kindl should be much more of a known quantity.

I had forgotten because he hasn't been here in a few seasons, but even if Kindl turns out to be as good of a player, Quincey is only a year older than Kindl.

Plus we haven't gotten rid of Kindl yet or anything, though it seems unlikely he'll play much now.

Two things about this...

13 games for Quincey were in the playoffs.

Other thing... we eventually have to move a player... we have 24 players on the roster and we can only have 23 total... I am guessing Pavel is on IR now... otherwise we would be in violation of the limit. We have to expose someone to waivers or move a player off the roster... This is what makes me so very angry. This could cost us Kindl, or Mursak, or Emmerton, or whatever.

What if they waive Commodore? I mean what then? the whole point was to get depth at d and we end up with an offensive d man instead of a defensive one? Shrugs. I fear we will regret this even more when it ends up that we lost another player on top of the first round pick...

Exactly. Kindl has a huge upside. He needs tp develope. The wings made that mistake a couple years ago in quincy. Fans need to relax. Holland made a great deal. Our first rounder was gonna be a late anywAys. The draft class this year is really poor and in the wings system most guys drafted dont make our club for four tp five years anyways. Holland made this deal cause the defensman he targeted were traded. Thank god we didn't trade for kubIna who's old.

I don't get how people don't like this trade. We got a player we can win now with over a pick who may not even play, and of it does, it won't be for another 4 years. Kindl and Tatar for a top six winger and then we win the cup with ease. Throw in a mid level prospect and pick for a gritty third liner and things gett hat much easier.

Okay the level of stupidity in this thread is reaching epic proportions. :ranting:

Quincey doesn't make us a shoe in, nor does a trade for a top six winger. It matters WHO YOU GET. Not just that you get someone.

Moving Kindl and Tatar for a top six winger... okay WHO?!?!?!

There is no one that is worth a price that high. Morrow? No. Semin? No. Nash? Wouldn't do it. Selanne? That would be over payment.

Then a third liner?!?!?!?

DO YOU REALIZE YOU ARE SUGGESTING MOVING NO LESS THAN THREE PEOPLE OFF OF THIS TEAM?!?!?! WHO WOULD YOU MOVE? KINDL, EMMERTON, MURSAK, CLEARY, HELM, ABS, MILLER?!?!?!?!? WHO?!?!?! DO YOU NOT GET THAT THERE ARE CHEMISTRY ISSUES?!?!?!?!?! :ranting:

OKAY HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO BE SAID BEFORE PEOPLE READ IT!!! WE ARE GOING TO LOSE VALUABLE PIECES DUE TO THIS OR ANY OTHER ADDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we already are at 24 players, and that means someone has to go. This is a horrible trade because it affirms itself.

IT DOES THIS BY US SAYING A PLAYER COULD END UP BEING WORTH MORE THAN WE THOUGHT, SO WE WILL OVERPAY TO GET THEM BACK AND IN THE PROCESS WE MIGHT UNDERVALUE SOMEONE ELSE AND LET THEM GO!!!!!!!!

I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING MAD HERE SAYING THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND GETTING ONLY SHORT SIDED RESPONSES THAT ALSO INCLUDE STATEMENTS THAT ARE JUST ABSURD!

I don't get how we can talk about someone who slipped through our fingers becoming solid enough for us to spend a high pick on them, while also talking about moving young players like we are 100% sure they won't become more. IT IS A FALLACY AND A HYPOCRITICAL JOKE FOR US TO TALK THIS WAY!!!!

Why can't anyone see this?!?!?!?!?!

This kind of irrational behavior seems borderline psychotic.

Just remind me of this thread if we waive Mursak, Kindl, or Emmerton and they end up being really effing good for someone else, that this trade in essence included giving them up. :ranting:

sigh end rant/

Im ok with this trade. Its not a blockbuster by any means but nobody can deny the the Wings are better today than they were yesterday. In the end thats all that matters when your aiming for a Cup in the near future instead of rebuilding. Im just glad this deal was done early. Had this been deadline day the price probably would have been a 1st and 2nd.