• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Kyle Quincey traded to Detroit in 3 team trade (TBL & COL)

Rate this topic

I like this trade and don't like it at the same time. When Quincey was here as a rookie, he was thrown into the playoff fire and actually did well. He didn't rack up points, but he did a lot of little things right. He was solid and you didn't notice him (unless you were looking for him) when he was out there, which is good for a defenseman. I always felt, even then, that letting him go was a mistake. Maybe I'm way off base here, but I expect him to be like another Ian White. Good skater, good puck mover, good shot from the point, solid defensively.

What I don't like is that we gave up a 1st round pick to get him. I'm okay with trading 1st round picks, but I was hoping to package up our 1st round pick to get someone a little more established or a bigger impact player. Quincey is good, but he'll be a 5th or 6th defenseman this year.

Maybe this can be our new thing, make a trade with Stevie Y and win a Cup. Here's hoping. :thumbup:

I don't get how we can talk about someone who slipped through our fingers becoming solid enough for us to spend a high pick on them, while also talking about moving young players like we are 100% sure they won't become more. IT IS A FALLACY AND A HYPOCRITICAL JOKE FOR US TO TALK THIS WAY!!!!

Why can't anyone see this?!?!?!?!?!

Once again, its very easy to look in hindsight and see that it was a mistake.

Ken Holland even said it was a mistake to have let him go. Nevertheless, Detroit had a decision to make back then and they took the best defenseman at the time that they thought was going to have the best upside. No team was going to make a deal with Detroit because they all knew that the Wings were going to have to release someone and expose them to waivers. It was just a matter of time, so why deal with a team that is going to have to make that choice? Every team is going to get a shot at claiming the player anyway, and no team thought it was worth dealing for one of the players either. Los Angeles

Sure, its a fallacy and hypocritical to say things like that. At the same time, no one can tell the future. Not even you. If you can predict how players are going to do, maybe you should put your resume in with the Wings?

Its not that more people don't see your point, but you are making all these calls based on what has happened and trying to look like a prophet.

Edited by Nightfall

This puts the Wings in an interesting spot. I just read an article where it says Commodore is likely to be waived. What are the chances he gets claimed? I feel he's played well for the Wings and adds a role we don't really have. I realize they don't want to just dump Kindl, but I'd hate to lose Commodore with the playoffs coming up.

This puts the Wings in an interesting spot. I just read an article where it says Commodore is likely to be waived. What are the chances he gets claimed? I feel he's played well for the Wings and adds a role we don't really have. I realize they don't want to just dump Kindl, but I'd hate to lose Commodore with the playoffs coming up.

Not sure what exactly Kindl's done that Commodore hasn't anyway. Commodore's been steady, physical and always had a positive effect on Ericsson's performances as well. Win win situation surely?

Obviously not. Don't think the issue with Commodore has anything to do with hockey. One of those things.

With Chelios it was loyalty (even though he wasn't playing that much)...IMO it was Holland who preferred keeping Meech over Quincey.

Exactly.

If memory serves, it was bringing back Chelios for another year that forced the Wings into making this premature decision with Quincey and Meech. And Chelios ended up not playing much that season anyway. He stuck around a year too long.

Not sure what exactly Kindl's done that Commodore hasn't anyway. Commodore's been steady, physical and always had a positive effect on Ericsson's performances as well. Win win situation surely?

Obviously not. Don't think the issue with Commodore has anything to do with hockey. One of those things.

He's a little more offensively talented but pretty much nothing. Other than the hope that his game is still improving.

Every game I've seen Commie play he's done exactly what you'd expect him to do. Be a physical bottom pairing guy who plays a fairly simple defensive game.

He's a little more offensively talented but pretty much nothing. Other than the hope that his game is still improving.

I agree with you that Kindl is a bit better offensively but hes also a lot more prone to turnovers. For the third pairing give me the safe defensive guy every time over someone who might get 10 points or so more a season. Kindl's time is definitely limited with the Wings unless he does a complete 180 in how hes played recently. With how Smith has been progressing if Kindl is not traded at the deadline or off-season he probably loses his spot to Smith coming out of camp or sometime next year. I dont think they are going to let Smith "overripe" like they do with most prospects. I can see them pulling him up early to at-least get one years tutoring with Lidstrom should he come back next year.

There is a comical overestimation of the value of a Detroit Red Wings 1st round pick in this thread.

It's not like other teams GMs go blind at the sound of someone saying "1st round pick". They know Detroit will finish top 3 in the league and the pick will basically be a 2nd.

It has very little value. No one will line up to give us their best player for a pick in the 25-30th range.

Holland usually trades away our 1st anyway, and usually only for other, later, picks. Quincey is a good return. Hell, he's an upgrade over Kindl who IS a 1st round pick.

Okay the level of stupidity in this thread is reaching epic proportions. :ranting:

Moving Kindl and Tatar for a top six winger... okay WHO?!?!?!

There is no one that is worth a price that high. Morrow? No. Semin? No. Nash? Wouldn't do it. Selanne? That would be over payment.

If you wouldn't trade Kindl and Tatar for Nash, then you my friend are the one with stupidity of epic proportions. Kindl is a borderline NHLer who isn't going to get any better, and has continued to display all the faults that he had in the AHL. Tatar is a prospect who may or may not turn out to be a top-6 winger.

You talk like this team is perfect and cannot be improved - you really think we can't do better than the likes of Kindl and Emmerton?

When will he suit up? Against Van I'm guessing.

yeah it's been reported he will play thursday. kindl was being showcased nicely last night getting PP time and all, i thought it was one of his best games to date.

I'm predicting kindl will be gone by Thursday before the game.

Seeing how no one has pointed this out, I thought I would be the first. Anyone not a little pissed off that we have 6.3 million and change in our bottom two d-man?

What is Ian White thinking in all of this? lol

Seeing how no one has pointed this out, I thought I would be the first. Anyone not a little pissed off that we have 6.3 million and change in our bottom two d-man?

Ian White: I get to play with the greatest D man of all time.

I think thats what he was thinking :cool:

And Quincy is a 3/4 D man, most likely stuarts replacement for next season.

Ian White: I get to play with the greatest D man of all time.

I think thats what he was thinking :cool:

And Quincy is a 3/4 D man, most likely stuarts replacement for next season.

I'm just saying at this particular point in time, he will be playing on the third line for the most part.

Does anyone understand this trade from a Lightning perspective. I've been actively following the Bolts this season mainly because of the Yzerman presence, but why move a young versatile player in downie for a late first round pick?

I'm not sure except for the fact that Downie is a complete idiot.

Two things about this...

13 games for Quincey were in the playoffs.

Other thing... we eventually have to move a player... we have 24 players on the roster and we can only have 23 total... I am guessing Pavel is on IR now... otherwise we would be in violation of the limit. We have to expose someone to waivers or move a player off the roster... This is what makes me so very angry. This could cost us Kindl, or Mursak, or Emmerton, or whatever.

What if they waive Commodore? I mean what then? the whole point was to get depth at d and we end up with an offensive d man instead of a defensive one? Shrugs. I fear we will regret this even more when it ends up that we lost another player on top of the first round pick...

For the last time, trade deadline removes the 23 roster limit.

Guest Crymson

Which top-four defenseman would you like to trade for? Who is available at a reasonable price?

What is Ian White thinking? I imagine he's thinking that he's having the best season of his career and is playing with Nicklas Lidstrom on a nightly basis. Guess how he's feeling about that one.

This kind of irrational behavior seems borderline psychotic.

Are you referring to yourself? If so, then I agree. Have a drink or go meditate or whatever. This isn't worth getting hugely worked up about.

Just remind me of this thread if we waive Mursak, Kindl, or Emmerton and they end up being really effing good for someone else, that this trade in essence included giving them up. :ranting:

Except this won't happen. As has been noted numerous times over the past month, there is no roster limit after the trade deadline. There will be nobody waived.

With Chelios it was loyalty (even though he wasn't playing that much)...IMO it was Holland who preferred keeping Meech over Quincey.

Chelios, at that stage, still appeared to be a more effective defenseman than Quincey.

Okay the level of stupidity in this thread is reaching epic proportions. :ranting:

Quincey doesn't make us a shoe in, nor does a trade for a top six winger. It matters WHO YOU GET. Not just that you get someone.

There is no one that is worth a price that high. Morrow? No. Semin? No. Nash? Wouldn't do it. Selanne? That would be over payment.

Then a third liner?!?!?!?

DO YOU REALIZE YOU ARE SUGGESTING MOVING NO LESS THAN THREE PEOPLE OFF OF THIS TEAM?!?!?! WHO WOULD YOU MOVE? KINDL, EMMERTON, MURSAK, CLEARY, HELM, ABS, MILLER?!?!?!?!? WHO?!?!?! DO YOU NOT GET THAT THERE ARE CHEMISTRY ISSUES?!?!?!?!?! :ranting:

OKAY HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO BE SAID BEFORE PEOPLE READ IT!!! WE ARE GOING TO LOSE VALUABLE PIECES DUE TO THIS OR ANY OTHER ADDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we already are at 24 players, and that means someone has to go. This is a horrible trade because it affirms itself.

IT DOES THIS BY US SAYING A PLAYER COULD END UP BEING WORTH MORE THAN WE THOUGHT, SO WE WILL OVERPAY TO GET THEM BACK AND IN THE PROCESS WE MIGHT UNDERVALUE SOMEONE ELSE AND LET THEM GO!!!!!!!!

I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING MAD HERE SAYING THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND GETTING ONLY SHORT SIDED RESPONSES THAT ALSO INCLUDE STATEMENTS THAT ARE JUST ABSURD!

I don't get how we can talk about someone who slipped through our fingers becoming solid enough for us to spend a high pick on them, while also talking about moving young players like we are 100% sure they won't become more. IT IS A FALLACY AND A HYPOCRITICAL JOKE FOR US TO TALK THIS WAY!!!!

Just remind me of this thread if we waive Mursak, Kindl, or Emmerton and they end up being really effing good for someone else, that this trade in essence included giving them up. :ranting:

sigh end rant/

You need to relax. I'll gladly waive emmerton if it means getting a top six scoring winger. I'd gladly waive Commie if it means we get a gritty bottom six player who can also put the biscuit in the basket. Go and lecture someone else. ..... I mean , GO AND LECTURE SOMEONE ELSE!!!!????BBQCOPTER.

Does anyone understand this trade from a Lightning perspective. I've been actively following the Bolts this season mainly because of the Yzerman presence, but why move a young versatile player in downie for a late first round pick?

I along with many Lightning fans don't see this as a good trade. Downie is a young gritty forward capable of scoring 15-20 (very well could be more) goals a season, providing hitting and toughness. I would have loved to ee him on the wings, anyway I would much prefer to have Downie than a late first round pick.

Quincey doesn't make us a shoe in, nor does a trade for a top six winger. It matters WHO YOU GET. Not just that you get someone.

Then a third liner?!?!?!?

DO YOU REALIZE YOU ARE SUGGESTING MOVING NO LESS THAN THREE PEOPLE OFF OF THIS TEAM?!?!?! WHO WOULD YOU MOVE? KINDL, EMMERTON, MURSAK, CLEARY, HELM, ABS, MILLER?!?!?!?!? WHO?!?!?! DO YOU NOT GET THAT THERE ARE CHEMISTRY ISSUES?!?!?!?!?! :ranting:

OKAY HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO BE SAID BEFORE PEOPLE READ IT!!! WE ARE GOING TO LOSE VALUABLE PIECES DUE TO THIS OR ANY OTHER ADDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we already are at 24 players, and that means someone has to go. This is a horrible trade because it affirms itself.

IT DOES THIS BY US SAYING A PLAYER COULD END UP BEING WORTH MORE THAN WE THOUGHT, SO WE WILL OVERPAY TO GET THEM BACK AND IN THE PROCESS WE MIGHT UNDERVALUE SOMEONE ELSE AND LET THEM GO!!!!!!!!

I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING MAD HERE SAYING THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND GETTING ONLY SHORT SIDED RESPONSES THAT ALSO INCLUDE STATEMENTS THAT ARE JUST ABSURD!

sigh end rant/

Lol. I don't know about Kindl and Tatar straight up for him, but a trade for Morrow for some concoction involving some of those two and a pick would be fantastic. Having Morrow would be unbelievable for this team. A 2nd line, point producing forward with a ultra competitive old school demeanor would just be fantastic.

I would trade Thomas McCollum and/or Landon Ferraro for Kyle Quincey in a heartbeat.

I don't think Kindl will be moved as the team can carry eight defencemen because of the injured forwards.

I'm quite sure Holland has no problem in re-signing Quincey so this trade is also about getting ready for the departures of Lidström and Stuart. They might return for next season but will probably be gone in few years anyhow. Wings have now five good young defencemen in White, Quincey, Ericsson, Kindl and Smith.

McCollum has no trade value.....