• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Kyle Quincey traded to Detroit in 3 team trade (TBL & COL)

Rate this topic

How does his style of play (defensive minded or more offensive minded) compare to Stuart? Or is he more like White? I have not really watched him play, so I was looking for some input on his type of play other than just his stats.

How does his style of play (defensive minded or more offensive minded) compare to Stuart? Or is he more like White? I have not really watched him play, so I was looking for some input on his type of play other than just his stats.

Here we go.Thank you Tampa.

More offensive minded. Not as many big hits. Can and will fight.

Yeah I think I like Quincey on the right point instead of Ericsson. Ericsson likes to pass, Quincey at least has more of an instinct to shoot and has shown he can hit the net more often than Ericsson. Then again Ericsson doesn't really shoot that much.

Quincey says that he played with Ericsson in GR but I don't particularly remember them playing on the same pairing myself. Then again, the lineup in GR is always changing.

More offensive minded. Not as many big hits. Can and will fight.

I think I'm going to like him just fine. Do you guys feel he will sign a long term deal with us if the rest of this season/playoffs seems like a good fit? (perhaps this was covered already in this topic, but I have not read every page)

I think I'm going to like him just fine. Do you guys feel he will sign a long term deal with us if the rest of this season/playoffs seems like a good fit? (perhaps this was covered already in this topic, but I have not read every page)

I like Quincey a lot, he's a big body, he can hit, he can play heavy minutes (25+ if need be) and obviously in all situations. I am positive he will re-sign at seasons end but if not, as he is an RFA we get compensation, likely at worst a 2nd round pick.

That is why I can't believe people are so upset about this trade. I'm willing to bet we traded a 1st for a guy who will be here as a 2nd pairing defenceman for a decade, sounds good to me.

I like Quincey a lot, he's a big body, he can hit, he can play heavy minutes (25+ if need be) and obviously in all situations. I am positive he will re-sign at seasons end but if not, as he is an RFA we get compensation, likely at worst a 2nd round pick.

That is why I can't believe people are so upset about this trade. I'm willing to bet we traded a 1st for a guy who will be here as a 2nd pairing defenceman for a decade, sounds good to me.

I have a good feeling about Quincey too. Kenny said that he is not a rental. Safe to assume that he will be resigned.

Go Wings !

Probably because the Wings already drafted this guy originally, and then waived him 3 years ago. Now Holland gives up a first-rounder for something that he already had a relatively short time ago.

Discounting that history...it's much easier to accept.

As far as Piche, I am not upset about losing him at all...this guy really lit it up playing for Rimouski a few years ago, seemed like a great prospect....and then spent two seasons in Toledo after not cutting it in GR. Then showed this season that he couldn't make it in the AHL, yet again. Bye, Piche! :thumbup:

I'm sort of backing through the thread and obviously there is talk of overpayment, since we gave a pick and a prospect. One thing I haven't seen anyone say (and may have simply missed) is that Sebastian Pische was immediately assigned to the ECHL.

I know people already stated that there was no way he would crack the Wings line-up, but this certainly reaffirms his actual value and will hopefully put people a little more at ease.

I'm sort of backing through the thread and obviously there is talk of overpayment, since we gave a pick and a prospect. One thing I haven't seen anyone say (and may have simply missed) is that Sebastian Pische was immediately assigned to the ECHL.

I know people already stated that there was no way he would crack the Wings line-up, but this certainly reaffirms his actual value and will hopefully put people a little more at ease.

Yea, I heard something about Piche being a throw-in because of some roster size rule or something. I never seen anything about him that suggested we should waste 3 seconds wondering what might have been.