Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Kyle Quincey traded to Detroit in 3 team trade (TBL & COL)

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#161 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Here's some numbers for everybody now: The Wings will have about $22 million in cap space at the deadline, which would mean they would be able to acquire Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Semin at the deadline and still have cap space to spare.

problem is we have no 1st round pick to deal now and i dont know about anyone here but i really dont wanna give up anyone in our top 10 prospects list , maybe say tatar in a package deal but it have to be a hell of a return coming back

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 21 February 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#162 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

What do you think we could have gotten for him? A sixth-round pick, perhaps? It's not like anyone knew that he'd develop into an effective defenseman.

Okay that is bulls***. WE KNEW.

He played in the playoffs that one year right before we let him go... in 2007 and played 13 games and was an even player. The following season he got the grand rapids treatment. The tape is there, everyone could see it.

I remember talking about how he looked comfortable out there. Instead of getting his chance he was shipped off because it would have cost us Meech to bring him up. Then the following year we decided to go with the seemingly more versatile and experienced Meech. They knew he was a good player, and they hoped they could sneak him into the minors. It was among the dumbest moves the franchise has done under Holland.

It is easy to say in hindsight it was something that was wrong, and I know we wouldn't have gotten anything... I think we should just admit we f***ed up, and this trade is the public announcement that we f***ed up so bad, we are willing to f*** up even greater to make amends. We knew he was a solid player, and I just don't buy this as an intelligent move.

Ironically, this could lead to us making the exact same move with KINDL!!!!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#163 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

I think people are making too big of a deal out of this.

This is a decent move, especially short term. Also seems to me like Holland has a bit more up his sleeve and this is obviously part of a bigger plan.

Watch Kenny go out and move Ericsson for a top 10. :lol:

Sure is.

Posted Image
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#164 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

gaustad or moen now, please.

ott or morrow are who I want
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#165 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Would much rather have Downie, but some depth on D is ok i guess. Never should gotten rid of this guy in the first place. How much cap space do we have now?
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#166 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Some people

Okay you need to explain, because this wiki link most likely has already been changed back.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#167 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Okay that is bulls***. WE KNEW.

He played in the playoffs that one year right before we let him go... in 2007 and played 13 games and was an even player. The following season he got the grand rapids treatment. The tape is there, everyone could see it.

I remember talking about how he looked comfortable out there. Instead of getting his chance he was shipped off because it would have cost us Meech to bring him up. Then the following year we decided to go with the seemingly more versatile and experienced Meech. They knew he was a good player, and they hoped they could sneak him into the minors. It was among the dumbest moves the franchise has done under Holland.

It is easy to say in hindsight it was something that was wrong, and I know we wouldn't have gotten anything... I think we should just admit we f***ed up, and this trade is the public announcement that we f***ed up so bad, we are willing to f*** up even greater to make amends. We knew he was a solid player, and I just don't buy this as an intelligent move.

he also had an awesome butt grind across the boards in the playoffs
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#168 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

My point exactly. I don't have much of an opinion on the matter, but there has been some massive complaining over the years since we lost him and he turned out to be better than Meech.

honestly i dont care about the whole waived quincey over meech debate , yes was a mistake but whatever we did worse ... we lost adam oates for example and lived ... im just saying in no way do i think kyle quincey is worth a 1st round pick and i wouldnt of done it ... that's it

At this point the redwings might as well trade the 2nd round pick and go for it all this year with lidstrom aging and brad stuart's likely last year as a wing

#169 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Well, here's the real question. Would anyone here rather have gotten Kubina? Or is Quincey a better acquisition?

#170 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Watch us have to spend a first to get him back in four years time when he is a very good player because we decided there was no room for him.

Just get rid of Commodore 22, he sucks way more than Kindl in the long run.

#171 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Well, here's the real question. Would anyone here rather have gotten Kubina? Or is Quincey a better acquisition?

quincey is far better, kubina has been pretty bad this season after not being too bad imo the last few.
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#172 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Well its been nothing but bad news for the Wings today as first Pavel gets hurt, then they trade their first round pick for a journeyman castoff and if thats not enough they go into to Chicago and lose tonight.

#173 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Okay you need to explain, because this wiki link most likely has already been changed back.

Just said that he was currently playing for the Red Wings. Someone got really excited to edit the Wikipedia page
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#174 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

And, per Ansar Khan, what Holland said:

Ken Holland: “I talked to (Colorado GM) Greg Sherman a few days ago about Quincey and we didn't have a fit. In the last 48 hours, Steve (Yzerman) called me and said he had a deal to get Quincey and asked if we're interested. We got a 26-year-old defenseman who's got experience. He's played 20-plus minutes. He competes. He's coming into his prime. We expect him to be on our team going forward, and he improves our team on the back end this year. We should have never let him go. It worked out great for him. He got an opportunity in L.A .and Colorado."

Edited by Tim.D, 21 February 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#175 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

I would have rather had neither personally. Or just picked Quincey back up as a free agent.

I am wondering if Stuart is headed to California at the deadline...

I have a reallyf****** borderline cheating concept in mind...

Just said that he was currently playing for the Red Wings. Someone got really excited to edit the Wikipedia page

Yeah, it sort of is like wanting to be the person to make this thread. :D

#176 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Do you guys remember what happened the last time the Wings traded for a defenseman before the deadline? :champs:

This really isn't that bad of a trade. The Wings were going to draft late first round anyways and the Wings do more with late draft picks than they do early ones. This is for the here and now, not about four years from now. We just got a solid defenseman, better than Kindl, Commie, and Pylon, for practically nothing.

#177 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Love the move. Love Kennys quotes about being all in, this is what it's about. Bring on Moen/Morrow/Gaustad/whoever to bring us some grit and were set :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#178 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

I look at it this way, Detroit couldn't give him the ice time so they paid a 26-30 overall pick for someone to give him the ice time and help him develop. At 26 he is going to start playing his best hockey, I hope.

Crash

#179 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Aren't you a guy who started a thread last year to make fun of Quincey's poor season?

Now you seem to be admitting that Holland made a mistake.

Quincey had a catastrophic '10-'11 season. And no, I still don't think that letting Quincey go was a mistake on Holland's part, as every sign pointed to Meech being the superior specimen at that stage. Compare this to San Jose's situation with Toskala and Kiprusoff competing for the backup spot. Sometimes players just develop in unforseeable ways.

I'm nervous about this trade, but hopefully it'll bear out.

Well its been nothing but bad news for the Wings today as first Pavel gets hurt, then they trade their first round pick for a journeyman castoff and if thats not enough they go into to Chicago and lose tonight.

Can someone remind me how I place users on ignore? I can't figure it out.

#180 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

People are going to grumble about this because of the situation, I think. If we were adding a 26-year-old RFA with 30-35 point potential and he DIDN'T have a history with the team, people would likely be more receptive to the idea.

I completely agree, but honestly you cannot re-contextualize this. The fact remains that we are overpaying for a player that would have still been with us if we didn't choose Meech over him.

I can get over that... if it didn't mean we are going to do the exact same thing with Kindl now because of it.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me 8 times or more shame on me..." -Futurama.

I hope that isn't our new motto...

I just hope that we resign him and get 40-50 pts out of him at least three years... That is what I expect out of a first round pick traded. EDIT: that is out of an offensive defenseman added via trade.

Edited by Majsheppard, 21 February 2012 - 06:22 PM.