• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

Columbus up 4-0 on San Jose after 1

Rate this topic

There should be something in the CBA that could allow for reworking of contract. Player has to agree though but I'm sure some of these $7 mill players would take less to play on a competitive team like Detroit.

agree. with teams handing out huge contracts to subpar players just to make the cap floor, it makes them unattractive options for better teams. need some way to renegotiate.

There should be something in the CBA that could allow for reworking of contract. Player has to agree though but I'm sure some of these $7 mill players would take less to play on a competitive team like Detroit.

I don't see that ever happening, though it would be a blessing. Contrary to what we all want to believe though, i don't see many players giving up millions of dollars just to play for Detroit. I think thats a myth we as Wings fans want to believe, but for the most part, the only players that have seemed willing to play for less to be here are players that have been for years.

What i DO see the league possibly doing is setting a new precedence for lucrative contracts Maybe being more strict with a committee voting fairly on whether the contract is to ridiculous, stricter than they have now of course. Though that could become a sticky situation when trying to debate a players worth. Some of them are ridiculous even for some of the elite players, Even the Wings have been guilty to an extent with the long contracts extending well passed the players effective playing days

Guest Crymson

WANT: Jeff Carter. When he gets s***ty and old we can just bury him in the minors if needed or trade him. the contract can be worked around.

If he fails with another team, nobody's going to want to trade for the guy. As for burying him in the minors, news: it's easy for you to say "Oh, just bury him in the minors," but I don't think Ilitch would be thrilled to pay over $5m per year until 2022 to a guy who isn't even playing in the NHL.

Jeff Carter just got a hat trick. 2nd of the season.

Yes, and those two hat tricks account for over 1/3 of his goals. Not good. He's scored goals in ten of the 39 games he's played.

Edited by Crymson