• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Alright, time to call Nyquist up

Rate this topic

I don't get the hate either, clearly not his best season but he's still on pace for 15-20 goals, what were we expecting from him? I thought he showed some good strides a couple of times last night..lets be honest , no one was good last night except for Howard.

He scored 26 goals last year. He's not going to score that many this year. And, every player on the team absolutely must improve their statistics each season or they are most obviously a complete disappointment.

Open your eyes man.

Cleary looked like absolute garbage tonight. Maybe he'll get it together eventually. But he certainly doesn't need to be getting it together on the second line. Bad enough that the first line doesn't really work without Pav. Can't afford to kill the second line with Cleary.

Either call up Nyquist, or bump Mursak to the second line.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Nyquist/Mursak-Filppula-Hudler

Miller-Helm-Abdelkader

Cleary-Emmerton-Holmstrom

Seriously dude?

One game after an injury.

And spare us any response of he might have been bad over a stretch of games or whatever.

Guest Crymson

I told you. Cleary is trashhhh... Tatar/ Nyqvist = Upgrade over Cleary. They're not going to develop anymore in the AHL they need to be brought up.

Man, Cleary must have pushed you over, or punched your girlfriend, or kicked your dog, or looked at you funny one day. You really hate the guy.

Why is everyone so high on Mursak? Besides skating fast, he doesn't really do much.

He skates almost as fast as Helm, but has way better hands and a good shot. He is a north-south player who eventually will learn how to play this game and most likely will be Eaves 2.0. He has the potential to be more but has not had a good first year. I want to see him develop though.

Guest blueadams

Why is everyone so high on Mursak? Besides skating fast, he doesn't really do much.

He holds on to the puck as well, is a decent passer, appears to at least be a decent shooter when he takes them.

Guest blueadams

Bottom line...

In replacing Datsyuk, I think we should do everything as possible to keep things as much the same as we can.

Replacing Datsyuk? ---> Zetterberg, closest thing we have.

Replacing Zetterberg? ---> Filppula, closest thing we have.

Replacing Filppula? ---> Nyquist/Tatar/Mursak...or...Cleary?

You tell me who's more similar.

Lines next season:

Bertuzzi - Dats - Nyquist

Franzen - Z - Fil

Abdelkader- Helm - Miller

Eaves - Mursak - Tatar

Lidstrom - White

Kronwall - Quincey

Ericsson - Smith

Howard

McDonald

Youth movement has to happen. Sorry Holmstrom, and Cleary. Stuart leaves for Cali.

I'm really liking the way that looks, but i'd definitely switch Tatar and Miller. Tatar will do the Wings no good on the 4th line....remember Ville Leino? Helped Philly get to the SCF in the top 6 around a PPG... Tatar will need to be atleast 3rd line. and where's Huds? he's having a great year and will be re-signed in the off season for sure. that opens up the fabled 3 scoring lines and the grind line. Miller will be 13th fwd i'm guessing. your D looks bang on. i see something like this:

Bertuzzi - Dats - Franzen

Nyquist - Z - Fil

Eaves - Hudler - Tatar

Mursak - Helm - Abdelkader

Miller

tweaking can be done and with Babs, it's inevitable, but those lines look more even and realistic seeing as Hudler earned another year atleast. if you want to go even deeper with the youth movement though, i'd go as far as to say don't resign miller and bring up Joakim Andersson, who looked really good in his minimal playing time in his call up this year. and i definitely like the look without homer and cleary...

Guest blueadams

Bertuzzi - Dats - Franzen

Nyquist - Z - Fil

Eaves - Hudler - Tatar

Mursak - Helm - Abdelkader

Miller

If that's the personnel we have (you forgot Cleary, who's still under contract), I'd expect to see something more along the lines of...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Filppula-Zetterberg-Hudler/*Parise*

Cleary-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Mursak/Eaves

Nyquist

Tatar

Lidstrom/*Suter*-White

Kronwall-Stuart/*Suter*

Quincey-Ericsson

Smith

Kindl

Howard

MacDonald

Mrazek

Something's gotta give with our prospects - who are ready - breaking into the lineup somehow (Nyquist, Smith, Tatar).

I'd personally like to see us put a third scoring line together...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Tatar-Nyquist-Mursak

Miller-Helm-Abdelkader

Eaves

Emmerton

...time to move the aging Cleary and his big contract while he's still got value to make room for the kids.

Edited by blueadams

As people have said Cleary played his first game back after two knee drains, not fun stuff. Cleary is NOT a goal scorer, he is a 3rd or 4th line grinder who is clutch and plays with a ton of heart. I don't know why all the Cleary hate, we have found out already prior to this maybe he shouldnt be on line 1 or 2 but he sure as hell should be on 3 or 4.

As people have said Cleary played his first game back after two knee drains, not fun stuff. Cleary is NOT a goal scorer, he is a 3rd or 4th line grinder who is clutch and plays with a ton of heart. I don't know why all the Cleary hate, we have found out already prior to this maybe he shouldnt be on line 1 or 2 but he sure as hell should be on 3 or 4.

cause the 3rd/4th line grinders are supposed to get the puck deep and cycle and grind in the corners, not give the puck up in the neutral zone 5+ times a game. cleary is guilty of that.

As it stands right now I have 0 faith in any of the Grand Rapids call ups doing anything for us this year if called up e.g. Nyquist, Tatar, Mursak, Smith. Even Emmerton who is in his first year sucks.

With that being said I demand that Kenny Holland use the cap space to sign Ryan Sutter and Zack Praise in the offseason b/c relying on the Grand Rapids guys is no longer an option anymore!

As it stands right now I have 0 faith in any of the Grand Rapids call ups doing anything for us this year if called up e.g. Nyquist, Tatar, Mursak, Smith. Even Emmerton who is in his first year sucks.

With that being said I demand that Kenny Holland use the cap space to sign Ryan Sutter and Zack Praise in the offseason b/c relying on the Grand Rapids guys is no longer an option anymore!

it's not really fair to assess the quality of the GR call ups and such like Nyquist, Tatar, Smith and even Mursak and Emmerton seeing as they get bottom 6 pairings and bottom 6 minutes which is about 6 minutes a game when they get called up. Nyquist and Tatar are top 6 style players, and Smith is a top 3-4 dman. Mursak and Emmerton are more geared towards 3rd/4th but aren't getting much ice time. some of the fault for the progression of the GR grads and call ups has to fall on the hard headed Babcock. he does not like playing those guys for some stupid reason and that's why i no longer get excited about call ups cause they play 4-6 mins a game and he bag drives Z, Dats, and flip.

it's not really fair to assess the quality of the GR call ups and such like Nyquist, Tatar, Smith and even Mursak and Emmerton seeing as they get bottom 6 pairings and bottom 6 minutes which is about 6 minutes a game when they get called up. Nyquist and Tatar are top 6 style players, and Smith is a top 3-4 dman. Mursak and Emmerton are more geared towards 3rd/4th but aren't getting much ice time. some of the fault for the progression of the GR grads and call ups has to fall on the hard headed Babcock. he does not like playing those guys for some stupid reason and that's why i no longer get excited about call ups cause they play 4-6 mins a game and he bag drives Z, Dats, and flip.

Well I am sure if the call ups from Grand Rapids showed them more in the few minutes they get then Babcock would play them more but year in and year out its the same old thing and then when 1 of them gets traded they become great e.g Ville Lieno.

Lets see this time next year if any of our so called Grand Rapids blue chippers are playing with the big club. If this keeps up why not have Kenny Holland unload these guys for established players as he did give up a first for a no nammer in Quency!

Well I am sure if the call ups from Grand Rapids showed them more in the few minutes they get then Babcock would play them more but year in and year out its the same old thing and then when 1 of them gets traded they become great e.g Ville Lieno.

Lets see this time next year if any of our so called Grand Rapids blue chippers are playing with the big club. If this keeps up why not have Kenny Holland unload these guys for established players as he did give up a first for a no nammer in Quency!

don't be surprised to hear that Calle Jarnkrok is close to coming over to be a Red Wing, or is he a no namer too?

kyle quincey made a name for himself once he got playing time with an NHL team.

2008-09, Los Angeles, NHL, 72games, 4g, 34a, 38pts, -5, 116 hits...

not half bad stats for his first year of playing time in the NHL. not his 7 games in 2 seasons with the Wings and 2pts. to call him a no namer is ludicrous. he had 29 pts the follwing season with the Avs which is less pts, but was a +9 which is +14 better than the previous year, so his defensive game is clearly more solid, and this year he's on pace for 31 pts in 75 games. that's not bad at all for a 4-6 dman.

do some research before you rag on guys and call them no namers. and p.s. as someone said earlier, nyquist is over a point per game in GR. that's better than some of the current roster players on the Wings managed. that to most would be top 6 material.

If that's the personnel we have (you forgot Cleary, who's still under contract), I'd expect to see something more along the lines of...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Mursak/Eaves

Nyquist

Tatar

Lidstrom/*Suter*-White

Kronwall-Stuart/*Suter*

Quincey-Ericsson

Smith

Kindl

Howard

MacDonald

Mrazek

Something's gotta give with our prospects - who are ready - breaking into the lineup somehow (Nyquist, Smith, Tatar).

I'd personally like to see us put a third scoring line together...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Tatar-Nyquist-Mursak

Miller-Helm-Abdelkader

Eaves

Emmerton

...time to move the aging Cleary and his big contract while he's still got value to make room for the kids.

This would get scored on...a lot.