• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

Oh I am sooo happy about this. I love Bert!

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#62 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Thank god! I love Bertuzzi and I'd be thrilled to see him here for another couple years.

#63 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Yes. His NTC expired a few weeks ago. Holland had a plan at the time of Clearys extension.

Where'd you hear this? Hope you're right, either way.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#64 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Where'd you hear this? Hope you're right, either way.

Sorry, should have clarified:
Fact: Cleary's NTC expired a couple weeks ago.
Conjecture: Holland must have had a plan for that. He either thought we might need to cut salary come the trade deadline or he might have thought Cleary would make good trade bait, otherwise he doesn't have the NTC expire around a trade deadline.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#65 Draperfan

Draperfan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

What a waste of money. :rolleyes:
user posted image

#66 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

I doubt Hudler, Cleary, Holmstrom and Stuart will all be here next year. Possibly even Kindl and Emmerton gone this seaosn. We'll have a completely new team next season and Bertuzzi is a great Vet to have with an infusion of young guns next season.

I suspect Holmstrom may hang em up after this year. Weird that Cleary's NTC expired this time of the year. Doubt Ken did that by accident. I wouldn't be heartbroken if we packaged Kindl, Cleary, and Emmerton at the deadline for a grinder and a guy that can play some offense. Someone mentioned Samuel Pahlsson earlier, meh. Ideally, I'd like to get someone we could keep around for a while. Pahlsson is beginning to age. I actually would be open to Steve Ott here.

Good to hear Bert is likely coming back next year. I would've liked to see a one-year deal, but oh well. Hopefully he can continue his production for 2 more years.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 22 February 2012 - 09:14 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#67 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

God i hope bert doesn't have a NTC like last time. he could be pawned off to a team wanting to reach the cap floor at some point if playing s***ty.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#68 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

I really like Bertuzzi, and the element he brings to the team. I am glad Holland sees him, as an asset, instead of this old relic he keeps around.

And just a quick story from the last game I went to. During the game when the Wings were here playing the Coyotes last time, there was this guy, (a Red Wings fan), about five rows up from where I was sitting. Nearly every time Bert was on the ice, he would yell out, "come on Bert, end somebodies career tonight!" I know I shouldn't have laughed, but I chuckled a little bit, and shook my head. The name Bertuzzi is just flat out infamous! This team takes a lot of s***, about being so called soft, but I like the infamous Bertuzzi name on this team.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#69 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

And he punches people in the face!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#70 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Dude, Bertuzzi made Filppula who he is today. He gave that kid confidence when everyone else was down on him.

Not everyone. :wub:

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#71 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

Posted Image
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 22 February 2012 - 11:17 PM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#72 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

Posted Image
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Looks like he threw a stick into the air with one hand and then held onto another stick in the other.

Although if I had to guess based on the knob of the stick on the left I'm guessing that's Lidstrom's.

#73 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

Dude, Bertuzzi made Filppula who he is today. He gave that kid confidence when everyone else was down on him.

Pshhh, speak for yourself. Although I'm sure you posted this as to show why this re-signing was a good thing.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#74 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

Looks like he threw a stick into the air with one hand and then held onto another stick in the other.

Although if I had to guess based on the knob of the stick on the left I'm guessing that's Lidstrom's.

That's just how cool he is :cool:

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#75 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

Bertuzzi's been good the last couple years, he was about the only guy producing for a stretch last year. But I think this should have waited until early July (see what else is available), been for one year (he is 37), and been for less money.

#76 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

Detroit — Todd Bertuzzi and the Red Wings are close to a two-year contract extension but a few hurdles remain.

Bertuzzi's agent Pat Morris and Wings general manager Ken Holland expect to talk Thursday and hammer out the final details on a two-year extension that would total approximately $4.2 million, or $2.1 million per season.

"Anytime you're talking, you're getting closer to a deal," Holland said. "Todd gives us a presence. He's worked hard here and bought into the system. He's a player who has size and skill, and he's healthy and skating real well now."

Morris agreed both sides are close to a deal.

"I'm optimistic we can get something done, but I don't want to set any timetable," Morris said. "There are few small details that need to be worked out. I expect to chat with Kenny here in the next little while and we'll see what happens.

"Todd doesn't want to go anywhere. He's been good for Detroit and Detroit has been good for Todd. The way he's skating, it belies his birth certificate (37).

"All that (a deal) can happen, but we'll see."

Bertuzzi, who could be an unrestricted free agent this summer, is the final season of a two-year contract that averages $1.937 million.

Bertuzzi has 29 points (12 goals, 17 assists) in 54 games and has thrived since being put on a line with Pavel Datsyuk and Johan Franzen.

Bertuzzi and the Red Wings play the Vancouver Canucks, one of Bertuzzi's old teams, Thursday at Joe Louis Arena.

Holland said talks with prospective unrestricted free agents Brad Stuart and Tomas Holmstrom will be put off until after the season.

Stuart, 32, will likely test free agency and has expressed a desire to move closer to his family in California. Holmstrom, 39, who recently played his 1,000th career game, will decide whether to play another season.

#77 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

The way Homer has talked about the Winter Classic, I think he (and Nick) will be back for 1 more season. I think Stuart is as good as gone.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#78 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Glad to have Bert for another two seasons, great signing!

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#79 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

The way Homer has talked about the Winter Classic, I think he (and Nick) will be back for 1 more season. I think Stuart is as good as gone.

Oh gosh, seriously just no. I like the guy, he's been fantastic for us over so many years, but he's done.

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#80 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Oh gosh, seriously just no. I like the guy, he's been fantastic for us over so many years, but he's done.

To each his own view, but let it be known... you don't realize how much you miss an element until it's gone.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.