• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Even if you lose, just remind him how good that beer must taste coming out of a Stanley Cup since Vancouver doesn't have one. There's no possible way to come back from that.

Yea, Canucks' fans are pretty sensitive about the fact their team is 0 for 40.

We have to win without Datsyuk in the lineup. That's what good teams do. That just means a few key players will have to step up their game and play like they give a damn. I hope that we don't have to witness The Keystone Cops routine, that was our 2nd period against Chicago. Way too many turnovers. Way too many dumb passes. Keep it simple. Win #24 for Probie. And listen to all the whining from Wah-ncouver about how they would have won, but.....

8-1 Wings. :siren: :siren: :siren: Benching 7ouongo in the 1st period, and sadly, ruining Jimmy's great game in the last minute of play. :ranting: LGRW.

Great job, HT001 :thumbup: no matter which day it is. :D

We have to win without Datsyuk in the lineup. That's what good teams do. That just means a few key players will have to step up their game and play like they give a damn. I hope that we don't have to witness The Keystone Cops routine, that was our 2nd period against Chicago. Way too many turnovers. Way too many dumb passes. Keep it simple. Win #24 for Probie. And listen to all the whining from Wah-ncouver about how they would have won, but.....

8-1 Wings. :siren: :siren: :siren: Benching 7ouongo in the 1st period, and sadly, ruining Jimmy's great game in the last minute of play. :ranting: LGRW.

Great job, HT001 :thumbup: no matter which day it is. :D

:thumbup:

Guest irishock

Top line of Franzen-Z-Bertuzzi needs to be changed imo. Way too slow. Maybe get Nyquist or Mursak in there.

Please keep the streak alive. I rather we lose to Columbus to end the streak than to Vancouver. I don't think I could stand listening to the crap the day after on the radio talk shows here.

I hear ya, neighbor. I don't need Pratt and Taylor busting my balls. Go Wings!

The psychology of this game is all wrong for Detroit. If they win the headline will simply be that they kept the streak alive for yet another home game, if they lose the headline will be "High flying Canucks end Wings run". Either way advantage Vancouver, except with their fans if they lose.

Of course this game is just begging for interesting headlines, I dont even want to wake up till about ten min before the anthems begins.

I'm starting to realize how retarded you really are each and every time you post here. Please, spare us the extra stress on our eyes and just be quiet. You ensure us that we're not all crazy and Vancouver fans really are that dumb.

I've come down on Monster a couple times in the past but to criticize Monster (and me by proxy) so heavily is a little unfair. He may be wrong about the timing of the GDT but he's certainly correct in saying this is a big game that's getting a lot of attention from fans (and the media). It's the two western conference powerhouses meeting for a game that could determine first place overall in the NHL - plus that whole streak thing you guys got going. It's one thing to criticize when there's a valid reason, but to criticize like you have based on a statement that is at least partially correct seems to me to be more reflective of how you feel about the Canucks and their fans rather than anything particularly shameful that Monster said.

But to the game - whenever I see the GDT's here and the "Projected Starters" and "Injury Report" banners I assume those are hot-linked to another page but that never seems to happen. Maybe that's a FireFox issue though.

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Raymond

Hansen - Hodgson - Higgins

Weise - Malhotra - Lapierre

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Salo

Rome - Tanev

Tanev is a good young defenceman and is expected to crack the top four within a year or so.

Luongo is expected to start but I don't think that's been officially announced yet. Canucks play the Devils the next night so Schneider will most certainly get at least one of those games. He has been trusted to play big games against big teams but I'd expect Luongo to get the Wings game. The wild card in this is that I'm sure both Luongo and Coach Vig would like to see Luongo go head to head against Brodeur.

Higgins missed practice yesterday.

Murphy @sportsnetmurph

#canucks Higgins blocked a shot in 3rd period (against Nashville) and needed stitches to close a cut. His finger is not broken and he expects to play in DET.

Canuck Killers:

Pavel Datsyuk - 34GP, 9G, 15A, 24Pts

Henrik Zetterberg - 33GP, 10G, 13A, 23Pts

Nicklas Lidstrom - 76GP, 13G, 42A, 55Pts

Wing Killers:

Daniel Sedin - 41GP, 14G, 24A, 38Pts

Henrik Sedin - 43GP, 8G, 30A, 38Pts

Ryan Kesler - 25GP, 7G, 12A, 19Pts

The Canucks have a decided advantage on special teams but that means nothing come game time today. The fact that their powerplay is still first in the league only speaks to how dominant it was early in the season. It has struggled for a couple months now as has the entire team with the exception of the goaltending tandem which has managed to pull out the wins. The team struggles appear to have ended recently though.

I'm expecting a potential game of the year with a playoff atmosphere. Good luck guys and girls.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game losing streak

Home: 23-game winning streak (4 shutouts, 1 overtime, 3 shootouts)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v Vancouver

Overall: 1-game winning streak (shootout)

Home: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Last Ten Games, Current Regular-Season

Overall: 7W-2L-0OTL-1SOL

Home: 10W

Last Ten Games, Historical Regular-Season v. Vancouver

Overall: 6W-4L

Home: 6W-2L-2OTL

Home Games / Away Games

This is a first of two consecutive home games, played over three calendar days

Record v. Vancouver

All-time, Overall v. Vancouver

158G: 82W-54L-18T-0RT-4OTL-0SOL

All-time, Home v. Vancouver

79G: 48W-20L-8T-0RT-3OTL-0SOL

Season Record v. Vancouver

This is the fourth, and final, game v. Vancouver this season. The Club's record in the previous three games:

2W-1L

This is the second, and final, home game v. Vancouver this season. The Club's record in the previous game:

1W

Record on this Day

February 23

This is the 38th regular-season game played on this day. The Club's record in the previous 37 games:

14W-14L-8T-0RT-0OTL-1SOL

This is the 3rd regular-season games v. Vancouver played on this day.The Club's record in he previous 2 games:

2W

LGW.

I've come down on Monster a couple times in the past but to criticize Monster (and me by proxy) so heavily is a little unfair. He may be wrong about the timing of the GDT but he's certainly correct in saying this is a big game that's getting a lot of attention from fans (and the media). It's the two western conference powerhouses meeting for a game that could determine first place overall in the NHL - plus that whole streak thing you guys got going. It's one thing to criticize when there's a valid reason, but to criticize like you have based on a statement that is at least partially correct seems to me to be more reflective of how you feel about the Canucks and their fans rather than anything particularly shameful that Monster said.

I come down on him because he seems to have this giant urge to remind people how important this game is to the city of Vancouver. I'm not saying it's not a "measuring stick" type of game, but when it boils down to it..... it's the regular season and its a game worth 2 points. Now, do you still want to consider this game a "measuring stick" with injuries and key players missing? I'm not exactly sure you can measure yourself to a team that is missing one of their key elements, which forces lines to be shaken up, which forces missed chemistry. Now, back to the original point.. he also doesn't need to find himself all over the board simply saying "Oh it's because of how big this game is!", ect ect ect and not say anything else. Hell, i'm all for talking hockey. It's all I do, hockey and politics. If i'm not watching hockey i'm watching politics. If he cares to post on this board, atleast bring some conversation to the table. From what it seems, all he's trying to do is troll and get excitement out of people. That's all i'm saying. Did I go far with the Vancouver comment? Yeah, i'll admit that. I honestly haven't had a good experience, or met in real life a Vancouver fan that actually wants to have a genuine hockey conversation. Maybe I haven't run into the right fans of Vancouver, but that's simply it.

I come down on him because he seems to have this giant urge to remind people how important this game is to the city of Vancouver. I'm not saying it's not a "measuring stick" type of game, but when it boils down to it..... it's the regular season and its a game worth 2 points. Now, do you still want to consider this game a "measuring stick" with injuries and key players missing? I'm not exactly sure you can measure yourself to a team that is missing one of their key elements, which forces lines to be shaken up, which forces missed chemistry. Now, back to the original point.. he also doesn't need to find himself all over the board simply saying "Oh it's because of how big this game is!", ect ect ect and not say anything else. Hell, i'm all for talking hockey. It's all I do, hockey and politics. If i'm not watching hockey i'm watching politics. If he cares to post on this board, atleast bring some conversation to the table. From what it seems, all he's trying to do is troll and get excitement out of people. That's all i'm saying. Did I go far with the Vancouver comment? Yeah, i'll admit that. I honestly haven't had a good experience, or met in real life a Vancouver fan that actually wants to have a genuine hockey conversation. Maybe I haven't run into the right fans of Vancouver, but that's simply it.

Well Datsyuk is certainly an integral part of the Red Wings, (not sure about other injuries) but in his case at least, no team is going to go far if only one player is relied on to win the games. Datsyuk is the player I've seen most mentioned in this thread. Injuries happen to all teams and as a Canucks fan i'm certainly not going to feel like it's a hollow victory if we win - and I'm certainly not going to feel shame if we lose. Good teams also have a way of picking up the slack when a player goes down and the Wings are nothing if not a good team. Hell, the proof of that is already there in Joey MacDonald.

But I digress, no matter if Datsyuk, Howard, a Sedin or whovever could be injured, it's still a game that's attracting considerably more attention than just your normal run of the mill regular season game.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Leaving at 1:30 with my cousin, who's a Canucks fan, for the game tonight. They're talking about a snow storm tonight for Michigan-Ontario over night, but we're going anyway! The Weather Network says the worst will be at 4am, but we'll be back by 1:30-2am anyway, so no worries.

I made a comment on my facebook about us going, and that after tonight we may only be cousins by name only :lol:. He replied, "Remember I have the advantage, I have the car keys".

Edit: It's always a tough decision, on which jersey to wear. I have Yzerman, Shanahan, Holmstrom, and a Osgood jersey t-shirt... I think I'm leaning Osgood t-shirt.

Edited by Barrie

Leaving at 1:30 with my cousin, who's a Canucks fan, for the game tonight. They're talking about a snow storm tonight for Michigan-Ontario over night, but we're going anyway! The Weather Network says the worst will be at 4am, but we'll be back by 1:30-2am anyway, so no worries.

I made a comment on my facebook about us going, and that after tonight we may only be cousins by name only :lol:. He replied, "Remember I have the advantage, I have the car keys".

Edit: It's always a tough decision, on which jersey to wear. I have Yzerman, Shanahan, Holmstrom, and a Osgood jersey t-shirt.

Have a safe drive home, who knows what we'll get tonight. Of course enjoy the game and your cousin will hopefully be a good sport about their loss. :P

I'd go with Ozzie but that's just me, since Homer is the only one still on the ice go with him...he may not be here much longer.