• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Have a safe drive home, who knows what we'll get tonight. Of course enjoy the game and your cousin will hopefully be a good sport about their loss. :P

I'd go with Ozzie but that's just me, since Homer is the only one still on the ice go with him...he may not be here much longer.

Thanks, it'll be a fun night. We've enjoyed seeing this game become more important by the day. He sent me a text a few days ago saying "the streak will stop at 23!" We'll see. He's not a trash talker, and neither am I, so we'll be fine either way. Actually his wife is a big trash talker, but she's not coming.

I did an edit on my post, I think I may go with Ozzie.

It's always great to have fans of other teams here, to get a different and admittedly less homer perspective. That's as long as they're not overly antagonistic and trolling.

So this is a polite and pre-emptive play nice in the GDT to everyone. The Canucks fans are welcome here as long as they don't troll. Let's just keep it within the forum guidelines about the game and hockey in general.

consider this a friendly warning from the ref before you end up in the box. :P

f*** my night class 6-9 (central). I think Quincey will score on the PP. Hopefully he can spark the pp replacing hudler who will probably move to forward or just be banished from the pp. Also hope Kronner or Quincey or someone catches one of the sedins with a death check.

Will be a huge game. Franzen reallllly needs to step up and Cleary needs to be sat for someone younger and faster.

Wings win, though.

At the very least, I would love to see some Miller time or Abby on the 2nd line in favor of Cleary until he's closer to 100%.

A bit of an interesting subplot to the game tonight.

David Booth has played great this year since the Canucks got him from Florida. He was born in Detroit and apparently has never played a game at the Joe anytime in his career. I imagine he'll have plenty of friends and family at the game. I also imagine he's undoubtedly highly pumped to be playing a game in the NHL near where he was born.

I live in Southern Ont and don't have Center Ice and I don't subscribe to Sportsnet via my Bell TV and thus cannot watch the game unless I find an online stream which usually suck. Oh well I don't anticipate them winning this one and thus I won't get the chance to smash s*** up after they piss me off again.

A bit of an interesting subplot to the game tonight.

David Booth has played great this year since the Canucks got him from Florida. He was born in Detroit and apparently has never played a game at the Joe anytime in his career. I imagine he'll have plenty of friends and family at the game. I also imagine he's undoubtedly highly pumped to be playing a game in the NHL near where he was born.

in likeliness rather than the sedins it will be booth that will be sent to the hospital by kronwall. College hockey taught this guy to skate with his head down and in front of his family and friends he probably will take more risks leaving himself even more vulnerable. I think there is a good chance Kronwall will hammer him.

I've come down on Monster a couple times in the past but to criticize Monster (and me by proxy) so heavily is a little unfair. He may be wrong about the timing of the GDT but he's certainly correct in saying this is a big game that's getting a lot of attention from fans (and the media). It's the two western conference powerhouses meeting for a game that could determine first place overall in the NHL - plus that whole streak thing you guys got going. It's one thing to criticize when there's a valid reason, but to criticize like you have based on a statement that is at least partially correct seems to me to be more reflective of how you feel about the Canucks and their fans rather than anything particularly shameful that Monster said.

But to the game - whenever I see the GDT's here and the "Projected Starters" and "Injury Report" banners I assume those are hot-linked to another page but that never seems to happen. Maybe that's a FireFox issue though.

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Raymond

Hansen - Hodgson - Higgins

Weise - Malhotra - Lapierre

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Salo

Rome - Tanev

Tanev is a good young defenceman and is expected to crack the top four within a year or so.

Luongo is expected to start but I don't think that's been officially announced yet. Canucks play the Devils the next night so Schneider will most certainly get at least one of those games. He has been trusted to play big games against big teams but I'd expect Luongo to get the Wings game. The wild card in this is that I'm sure both Luongo and Coach Vig would like to see Luongo go head to head against Brodeur.

Higgins missed practice yesterday.

Murphy @sportsnetmurph

#canucks Higgins blocked a shot in 3rd period (against Nashville) and needed stitches to close a cut. His finger is not broken and he expects to play in DET.

Canuck Killers:

Pavel Datsyuk - 34GP, 9G, 15A, 24Pts

Henrik Zetterberg - 33GP, 10G, 13A, 23Pts

Nicklas Lidstrom - 76GP, 13G, 42A, 55Pts

Wing Killers:

Daniel Sedin - 41GP, 14G, 24A, 38Pts

Henrik Sedin - 43GP, 8G, 30A, 38Pts

Ryan Kesler - 25GP, 7G, 12A, 19Pts

The Canucks have a decided advantage on special teams but that means nothing come game time today. The fact that their powerplay is still first in the league only speaks to how dominant it was early in the season. It has struggled for a couple months now as has the entire team with the exception of the goaltending tandem which has managed to pull out the wins. The team struggles appear to have ended recently though.

I'm expecting a potential game of the year with a playoff atmosphere. Good luck guys and girls.

It can't be potentially the game of the year if the most exciting player in the world is not on the ice.

watching the babcock interview from this morning, and he mentioned nick will play with either white or kronwall, and Q will play with big E. so where is stuart? Has there been any talk of him being scratched tonight?

watching the babcock interview from this morning, and he mentioned nick will play with either white or kronwall, and Q will play with big E. so where is stuart? Has there been any talk of him being scratched tonight?

I hesitate to say it but...healthy scratch for an upcoming trade? :ph34r:

I would assume that Stuart is playing with either White or Kronwall, which ever is not playing with Lids.

I would assume that Stuart is playing with either White or Kronwall, which ever is not playing with Lids.

but im just confused as why they would switch up that line, and still havent heard who is scratched between kindl and commie.

hopefully im just dead wrong and stuey isnt scratched cuz i dont want him to leave yet

but im just confused as why they would switch up that line, and still havent heard who is scratched between kindl and commie.

hopefully im just dead wrong and stuey isnt scratched cuz i dont want him to leave yet

I doubt they would scratch Stuart unless he's injured or somethings wrong and he can't give it 100% tonight.

I wish you guys a good game, although I think we're going to beat the Red Wings.

As far as Canucks fans go, we respect your team the most so I'm kind of confused as to why Canucks fans are so hated in this thread.

Guys Babcock was referring to the powerplay units when he was talking about who Nick is going to play with. He said he has not decided if White will stay with Nick on the top Powerplay unit or if Kronners will take White's place. SO Babs said that the defense units for the powerplay units will either be:

Lidstrom- White Quincy- Kronwall

Lidstrom- Kronwall Quincy- White

Even strength everything remains the same. Hope that clears it up.

Luongo ain't s***

He will be tonight.

Or at least we'll make him look like it.

Speaking of unpalatable things that make one queasy and disgusted, I hope our good Nucks fans (hi, Gary) ignore Leonard. He does it for attention.

Wings 3: Kronner, Q, and Drew

Nuck, Nuck. Who's there? No one!: 0

Go Wings!

I wish you guys a good game, although I think we're going to beat the Red Wings.

As far as Canucks fans go, we respect your team the most so I'm kind of confused as to why Canucks fans are so hated in this thread.

And I think the Wings are going to beat the Nucks, so there! :P

Vancouver fans in general are not hated - there was a little teeny bit of trolling going on a couple of days ago, so people are being just a little sensitive. All respectful fans are welcome here. Trolls, including the Red Wing kind, are not. Welcome!