• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

I think what I"m PO'ed about the most is that the streak was broken by the next closest team in the standings.

Really though, I wouldn't have been happy at all that the streak was broken, but that the Canucks did it, nipping on our heels just makes it that much worse.

The way they did it too - last second goal to tie it as a result of a questionable call and then in a shootout.

Eh oh well ...

Remember that time in 2002 when the Canucks were up 2-0 in the first round of the playoffs, and Lidstrom scores from near the blue line in the third game, and the Wings reeled off four straight wins .... yeah, that was awesome.

Go Wings!

Guest stinky fish taco

In the grand scheme of things, this was just a one-point loss. Not a big deal.

except giving up that regulation win could very likely cost them 1st in the conference.

get real.

Guest The Production Line

It's a bag of s*** excuse. The lost faceoff and two failed clearing attempts that resulted in the goal. Its not like the lost icing put the puck in the back of the net. The Wings have to be better, not look for excuses.

None of that happens if the linesman makes the right call. I'm done discussing this with you. I have nothing left to say on the matter and I'm not going to agree with your cuss laden responses.

I think what I"m PO'ed about the most is that the streak was broken by the next closest team in the standings.

Really though, I wouldn't have been happy at all that the streak was broken, but that the Canucks did it, nipping on our heels just makes it that much worse.

The way they did it too - last second goal to tie it as a result of a questionable call and then in a shootout.

Eh oh well ...

Remember that time in 2002 when the Canucks were up 2-0 in the first round of the playoffs, and Lidstrom scores from near the blue line in the third game, and the Wings reeled off four straight wins .... yeah, that was awesome.

Go Wings!

Chelios vs Bertuzzi and Hasek just beeing the DOMINATOR!!!

Great cup run!

It was a hard fought game and the Wings still got a point to stay in 1st. Burrows had a nice move to score, but the stick break pantomime was bush league imho. I hope he gets Kronwalled hard in the playoffs. Kevin Weekes can take his "moxie" back to the Eddie Olczyk school of broadcasting. If he was on a Vancouver broadcast, I could tolerate his obvious glee over the Wings loss, but for a supposed national feed, not so much.

We can complain about the weak icing call until we are blue in the face, but Bertuzzi should know better than to give the opportunity for the linesman to make that call. The Wings were lucky to be up early as much as they were outshot, and if the PP had actually popped one it wouldn't have mattered. Luongo made some great saves, as did Jimmy. If these teams meet in the WCF it will be a barnburner.

Jimmy has played much better in his return after the broken finger than the two losses indicate. He deserves better effort from everyone in front of him, not just the Helm line.

Guest Crymson

Holland's got till Monday to wake-up and start making moves. More than one and pretty obvious after tonight's inexcuseable loss. Little depth on this team with too many marginal plyers.

Ah, so being the first in the league and losing without Datsyuk to the second-best team in the conference by the slimmest of margins is "inexcusable" and means that several moves must be made. I think this should be put directly under "overreaction" in the dictionary.

Guest Crymson

except giving up that regulation win could very likely cost them 1st in the conference.

get real.

With 20 games left in the season... no.

None of that happens if the linesman makes the right call. I'm done discussing this with you. I have nothing left to say on the matter and I'm not going to agree with your cuss laden responses.

Cuss laden? haha..the guy said s*** once.

Good hockey game, full credit to the Nucks, they played well..we responded. Good run ends at 23.

Ah, so being the first in the league and losing without Datsyuk to the second-best team in the conference by the slimmest of margins is "inexcusable" and means that several moves must be made. I think this should be put directly under "overreaction" in the dictionary.

I'm glad you're not our GM.

We'd never make any moves ever. You would have kept Anders Eriksson most likely, because we won the Cup with him in 1998.

Eh oh well ...

Go Wings!

STYLE.... :)

post-6228-0-42262500-1330054823_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dominator2005

Guest stinky fish taco

not a big deal guys!

crymson has spoken!

1st, place, 2nd place, who cares? it's not like it's going to mean the wings will likely face the sharks in the 2nd round for the 3rd season in a row or anything!

we'll easily keep pace with vancouver with out best player out for weeks even though we have a tougher schedule!

no big deal guys!

nothing to see here!

carry on everyone!

Holland's got till Monday to wake-up and start making moves. More than one and pretty obvious after tonight's inexcuseable loss. Little depth on this team with too many marginal plyers.

I haven't checked out your 2 previous posts to this one but I'd assume they are also quality.

I'm just gonna breeze right past the loss since I hate the Canucks and I don't like losing and this combines those two horrible things...but am I the only one who was beyond annoyed at Luongo's reaction and the entire team's playoff style, celebratory group hug?

One cuss word = cuss laden? I would hate to see what would happen if I used more than one.

Seriously though, its a crap excuse. You aren't going to point the Wings out for losing the faceoff, or the sloppy play trying to get the puck out of the zone, or the way 4 of the guys backed into Howard and wouldn't allow him to see the puck....

You are just concentrating on a blown icing call.

I am just glad you aren't coaching the Wings. Any excuse will do eh? I suppose the Wings would be 82-0 in your mind because there is no way they could lose unless it was the refs or some outside force that altered their destiny.

Its not just you either, its everyone else bitching about a blown icing call that needs a wakeup call. The Wings didn't deserve to win this game. Vancouver outplayed them for two periods. The better team won. Deal with it and move on. The Wings have to improve because this crappy play did not get them the win streak or their record atop the NHL standings. The last two games without Dats has been a real eye opener. I know Babcock isn't in the locker room whining about the refs. He should be tearing his team a new ass for lazy marginal play.

You would be wise to wake up and call this game for what it was.....a crappy effort by the Wings with a few bright spots thrown in by the 3rd line.

Bad call on the icing. But why the hell was Franzen on the ice with a minute to go? We only have another 11 years of his lazy ass play. Wait until Mr.clutch doesn't show up for the playoffs then what?

Franzen being on the ice with the net empty in a big game, brings back bad memories.

But he was on the ice because that line iced (supposedly) the puck.

Edited by GMRwings1983