• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

not a big deal guys!

crymson has spoken!

1st, place, 2nd place, who cares? it's not like it's going to mean the wings will likely face the sharks in the 2nd round for the 3rd season in a row or anything!

we'll easily keep pace with vancouver with out best player out for weeks even though we have a tougher schedule!

no big deal guys!

nothing to see here!

carry on everyone!

Weeks? You know he could pretty much start skating any day right? Tougher schedule? Do we play any teams that are higher in the standings then us? Yea didn't think so.

Guest Crymson

I'm glad you're not our GM.

We'd never make any moves ever. You would have kept Anders Eriksson most likely, because we won the Cup with him in 1998.

So long as we're exaggerating, I'm glad you're not our GM; we'd end the season with 75% personnel turnover, zero locker-room chemistry, and a horrendous reputation amongst players.

Does that work for you?

Edited by Crymson

I'm not even mad that we had our streak ended. It was a great achievement, and we are now in the record books at 23.

All that aside, the thing that pisses me off is the fact we had the game done and dusted, basically. All we needed to do, was hold out for 20 seconds. We lost a game, with the position we were in, we had no right to lose. If you look at the overall game, you can make the argument we did deserve to lose. But a goal up with 20 or so seconds left? You shouldn't really lose a game at that point. But we managed to. And that is what pisses me off the most.

Guest Crymson

I just realized how much of a waste of time this is. Oh well, carry on and enjoy being angry.

Franzen being on the ice with the net empty in a big game, brings back bad memories.

But he was on the ice because that line iced (supposedly) the puck.

Did you see him attempt to block the shot? lmfao..what a waste of time..just get out of the way if you don't want to block it. Him and Bert look so lost without Pav..Franzen especially. Franzen gets my total reprieve come playoff time if he scores like we know he can in the playoffs !

Ah, so being the first in the league and losing without Datsyuk to the second-best team in the conference by the slimmest of margins is "inexcusable" and means that several moves must be made. I think this should be put directly under "overreaction" in the dictionary.

Learn the game, Crymson, and realize that when you lose the way they did tonight is totally inexcusable. Write your suggestion to Merriam-Webster for their consideration.

Guest irishock

Vs Colorado

At Columbus

vs Minnesota

vs Chicago

at Philadelphia

vs LA

I'd be very happy if we can win four out of the next six without Datsyuk.

Guest stinky fish taco

Do we play any teams that are higher in the standings then us?

does vancouver?

what does that have to do with anything? z5f3i.gif

I'm not even mad that we had our streak ended. It was a great achievement, and we are now in the record books at 23.

All that aside, the thing that pisses me off is the fact we had the game done and dusted, basically. All we needed to do, was hold out for 20 seconds. We lost a game, with the position we were in, we had no right to lose. If you look at the overall game, you can make the argument we did deserve to lose. But a goal up with 20 or so seconds left? You shouldn't really lose a game at that point. But we managed to. And that is what pisses me off the most.

In the last 20 seconds....

Lost faceoff in the defensive zone? Check

Failed clearing attempt? Check

Another failed clearing attempt? Check

Falling down all over the place trying to get a penalty? Check

4 of your 5 players all hovering around in the crease or behind the net? Check

That was just a bad 20 seconds, and Vancouver made them pay.

you guys need to shut up about that icing call. thats icing 10 times out of 10

thats not why we lost the game. could have won the faceoff and got control of the puck. could have played better defense. didnt they capitalized thats that.

Well I didn't see the icing call so I can't comment on that, but when two experts, who see and call at least 82 games per year, say it could've gone either way I agree with them.

That said I wholeheartedly agree with your second statement and dat13owns statement - with 15 seconds left in your own barn and up a goal, you gotta close out the other team.

So long as we're exaggerating, I'm glad you're not our GM; we'd end the season with 75% personnel turnover, zero locker-room chemistry, and a horrendous reputation amongst players.

Does that work for you?

Not at all.

We'd just bring in Moen and Iginla for the deadline, and sign Parros in the offseason. Hardly a 75% turnover or a destruction of team chemistry, LOL.

Well I didn't see the icing call so I can't comment on that, but when two experts, who see and call at least 82 games per year, say it could've gone either way I agree with them.

That said I wholeheartedly agree with your second statement and dat13owns statement - with 15 seconds left in your own barn and up a goal, you gotta close out the other team.

+1

does vancouver?

what does that have to do with anything? z5f3i.gif

Not now they don't, they just played us for the last time. It has to do with the fact that you think we are the under dog against anyone we play. It doesn't matter who or where. It's comical.

Did you see him attempt to block the shot? lmfao..what a waste of time..just get out of the way if you don't want to block it. Him and Bert look so lost without Pav..Franzen especially. Franzen gets my total reprieve come playoff time if he scores like we know he can in the playoffs !

He was pretty brutal tonight. The guy could get a pass if he'd just skate hard, once a game without the puck, but he doesn't. For the amount of hard working players we have, he should be doing it. He scores goals great, he can be a presence in front great. But he isn't a good play maker, not physical at all. Very frustrating player to watch, thank god for his play in the post season :ph34r:

Guest stinky fish taco

Not now they don't, they just played us for the last time. It has to do with the fact that you think we are the under dog against anyone we play. It doesn't matter who or where. It's comical.

i stated that the wings have a tougher schedule than vancouver to finish the season.

that's a fact.

Franzen being on the ice with the net empty in a big game, brings back bad memories.

But he was on the ice because that line iced (supposedly) the puck.

I am not 100 percent sure but I think Babs put his line out a few seconds before the icing.

Quincy looks like a huge upgrade, he may teach Big E some defense with any luck! Ken Holland needs to find 5 more Helms before Monday.

Well, piss.

I hate the Canucks... almost as much as I hate the Sharks. May those two teams forever remain tied in number of Stanley Cup Championships.

On the game... I thought it could have gone either way. Vancouver definitely outplayed us in the 1st, but other than that it was pretty back and forth. It's a heartbreaker for sure, though.

I thought the wrong call was made on the icing, but I can see it being made as well.

I thought the interference call should have been made in OT, but I can see it not being made as well.

I could have easily seen either team winning the game, obviously. But, Detroit was missing arguably its best player and Vancouver was fully staffed.

It sucks for several reasons, but it was FAR from the worst game they've played this season. They are still in the lead in the Conference and the Division (ugh - just checked the score and St. Louis won).

I don't want to think about this game anymore. I'm going to bed.

And to think I was worried about a letdown against Colorado...:crybaby:

They indeed lost it on their own. It's not like they couldn't have won in spite of the icing call. Hudler, Flip and especially Franzen had very poor games tonight. Not ever really into it. And if I were Jimmeh, I'd be pissed. Naw, he won't be because he's a class act, but I sure as hell would be.

I just feel bad for Howie, he really deserved that win, he was incredible along with Helm, Abby and Miller.

Now Franzen on the other hand needs to be benched, not traded, just benched until he wants to start playing some serious ******* hockey. He's a large, skilled man that doesn't check or drive the net hard. He could be such a force out there if he had some heart. He's like a kenworth truck with a volkswagon engine.

Thinking back to this whole game and trying to be objective and not homer, we were lucky to be leading 3-2 with a few minutes left in the 3rd. Up until that point, we were outplayed. Having said that, if we do have a 3-2 lead with 20 secs, we got to lock it down. Definitely miss #13's defence and shootout skills.

It will be a nauseating day here tomorrow in Vancouver. But we're still #1 point wise.

Quincey proved his value tonight. Definitely worth the 1st.

I agree. Quincey is going to be a good 3rd line defenseman for us. He was a 2nd line defenseman in Colorado and for the Kings, so thats some depth right there. The bad news is that Commodore probably won't get much more playing time.

Edited by Nightfall