• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

I agree. Quincey is going to be a good 3rd line defenseman for us. He was a 2nd line defenseman in Colorado and for the Kings, so thats some depth right there. The bad news is that Commodore probably won't get much more playing time.

That's the beauty of his acquisition. He's on our 3rd pair, but he is a bonafide 2nd pair guy. If there's one thing Kennys done well this year is build depth, we are in a great position going into the trade deadline.

I tried reading through the Canucks GDT but I can't take all the morons "STREAK IS OVER"

They have to have something to cheer about. Hell, the last time something this big happened to Vancouver, they lost 4-0 at home in Game 7 of the cup final. Maybe they will riot tonight.

Guest irishock

Streak was never on my mind throughout the game. 23 straight is a great run, but it was time to let go of that and start producing on the road, which is MUCH more important imo.

That's the beauty of his acquisition. He's on our 3rd pair, but he is a bonafide 2nd pair guy. If there's one thing Kennys done well this year is build depth, we are in a great position going into the trade deadline.

I really don't mind Quincey and Erickson as the 3rd D-line pairing. Yea, Erickson hasn't been stellar, but I think thats a damn good 3rd line pairing for the NHL.

Pretty good game that was brought down a little by the refs calling every chintzy little penalty they could on both teams. I'd give the edge in play to the Canucks and the edge in goaltending to Howard.

That was a helluva streak though, but it had to end sometime.

Pretty good game that was brought down a little by the refs calling every chintzy little penalty they could on both teams. I'd give the edge in play to the Canucks and the edge in goaltending to Howard.

That was a helluva streak though, but it had to end sometime.

Do you think Vancouver can win their first Cup after 45 years of existence this season?

Or are they still lacking?

The streak means nothing.

esteef

I couldn't agree more. The Stanley Cup is all that matters. Everyone should be happy that the Wings were able to pull off 23 in a row. That in itself is remarkable. Be proud Wings fans. The streak had to end at some point and even with it ending the still managed to get a point. Was it a tough loss? Yes, but losses like that happen. Move on. Colorado's up next, and were still first in the West. GO WINGS!!!

Do you think Vancouver can win their first Cup after 45 years of existence this season?

They have a better chance than most teams, but hell I don't know if they can win it or not. Odds are against any single team wining a cup before the playoffs start.

Thats part of the reason why I gave up on the HFBoards for intelligent discussion.

They have never won anything so when they do win a fairly big game like this they have no clue how to act! Trust me, being from the area my phone blew up after the game ended. Made me laugh.

The comment I hear around here the most from non Wings fans is " it's not that we dont like the Canucks, it's their fans we can't stand !"

Definitely, all joking aside about them and their fans, they got a good taste of what it's like to get that close and lose. Only fuels the fire more. They will make some depth moves at the deadline and then it will be on Luongos shoulders to play good goal for them. They are 4 lines deep and more than 6 D men deep. Anyone who questions there depth is crazy.

But to the game - whenever I see the GDT's here and the "Projected Starters" and "Injury Report" banners I assume those are hot-linked to another page but that never seems to happen. Maybe that's a FireFox issue though.

Nah, I just didn't have time to update them completely before the game.

i kind of feel bad for the canucks fans, i mean, this is what they get celebrate? its not like they stopped us from tying it, we were like what 2 or 3 games over the streak? lol.

i guess when you have no titles, and the one crack you get, you choke it up in the most brutal fashion possible, you gotta find accomplishments in whatever you can.

i mean seriously, 2009 for me was tough, but that was nothing compared to the 2011 canucks, that was one of the most brutal ways to lose a cup i can remember. i almost mourned for them, i felt so bad, LOLOL! i mean, think about it, we lost a game 7 at home, but how many titles do we have to fall back on? like an entire bed full of money. but them? they have NOTHING, I mean NOTHING to fall back on. that must have felt like death.

so yeah, they can talk s***, i still wont get mad at them, cause i feel bad for them.

Well, piss.

I hate the Canucks... almost as much as I hate the Sharks. May those two teams forever remain tied in number of Stanley Cup Championships.

im not saying you shouldnt hate them. but why? i mean, they are pathetic franchises. they have won, NOTHING. yeah, San Jose knocked us out the past 2 years, but they had a better team, and still could not win the cup.

i understand why you hate them, im not saying its wrong. your post just made me reflect and i just dont hate them, cause they have done nothing and are nothing.

now, i hate the avs, and the ducks, i ******* HATE THE ******* ducks. but we destroyed their franchise in 2009, and thats all over, just like we destroyed the avs in 2002. those are the only 2, i dont even think the hawks are worthy of my hate. they won a cup, but they didnt have to play us, and when they did play us we smoked them 4-1.

but the sharks and canucks, unless they knock us out this year, i cant hate them, thats almost beneath us. this year, i feel we have a better team than both of them, so if they knock us out, maybe i can find some hate.

anyway, dont take this the wrong way, im not saying its wrong, im just reflecting on my own hatreds, and i just dont think those franchises are respectable enough for my hatred.

I was at the game tonight, and I got to say I was very disappointed with the boys' effort as a team. There seemed to be little energy in their game, they were not skating, and they kept giving the puck away all night.

- Zetterberg was playing fantastic with Fil and Huds since the all star break, then because Pavs is injured Babs puts Hank on the top line... this needs to change asasp because Hank has been quiet, and Franzen has been TERRIBLE

- Speaking of Franzen, he had a downright pathetic game tonight. Every single shift he was simply drifting. He gave the puck away all the time, never in position to shoot and in our end he kept leaving his defensive position at the point allowing the Nucks Dmen to take many shots. He was imo the worse player on the ice tonight and this was one of the worst games I have ever seen him play.

- I thought Nick had a fantastic game, Kronners had a great game and Quincy was fantastic tonight as well. Congrats to him for his goal.

- Babcock needs to fix the powerplay... regardless of not having Pavs it needs to be better than that.

- Jimmy was fantastic.

With all that said, the Wings managed to get a point and remain first for now, but they need to work some things out. I know it is going to be hard for them to win consistently without Pavs, but they need a better effort than these past 2 games. There are points in the season where every team deals with some adversity, and this is one of those points for hte Wings... in the long run this will help. Lets hope the Wings regroup and get going Saturday night.

Just got back from the game. Incredible atmosphere and a really good game between two excellent hockey teams. Bummer to lose and see the streak come to an end, but the record has its place in history now.

I hate the Canucks. I really wanna play those tools in the WCF. Luongo celebrated at the end of the shootout like it was the biggest game of his career. Not to mention all the diving and other garbage the Canucks pull. I will give them credit where it is due though -- they are a very deep team, up front and on defense. The Sedin's dominated all night. I know they flop around with the best of them, but their puck possession and cycling is near impossible to defend.

Miller-Helm-Abdelkader were just spectacular together. Best line by far as I thought both of the top two lines looked poor except for a couple stretches. I'm sure the GWG and playoff performer crowd will throw their stats back as usual, but Johan Franzen is a joke. He may be the most infuriating player I have watched in a Red Wings uniform. If Franzen had half the heart of Helm or Miller, he could score 40-50 goals with ease. I'm so sick of watching him float around and make lazy passes nightly. The duration of his contract makes me cringe; I wonder how lazy he will be five years from now. I hope the Red Wings find another top-six forward somehow at the deadline.

The powerplay is still pathetic too. Way too much skill to not score goals. They really aren't even creating many quality opportunities right now. Oh well, time to start a new winning streak on Saturday.

Edited by GoWings1905

Just got back from the game. Incredible atmosphere and a really good game between two excellent hockey teams. Bummer to lose and see the streak come to an end, but the record has its place in history now.

I hate the Canucks. I really wanna play those tools in the WCF. Luongo celebrated at the end of the shootout like it was the biggest game of his career. Not to mention all the diving and other garbage the Canucks pull. I will give them credit where it is due though -- they are a very deep team, up front and on defense. The Sedin's dominated all night. I know they flop around with the best of them, but their puck possession and cycling is near impossible to defend.

Miller-Helm-Abdelkader were just spectacular together. Best line by far as I thought both of the top two lines looked poor except for a couple stretches. I'm sure the GWG and playoff performer crowd will throw their stats back as usual, but Johan Franzen is a joke. He may be the most infuriating player I have watched in a Red Wings uniform. If Franzen had half the heart of Helm or Miller, he could score 40-50 goals with ease. I'm so sick of watching him float around and make lazy passes nightly. That duration of his contract makes me cringe. I hope the Red Wings find another top-six forward somehow at the deadline.

The powerplay is still pathetic too. Way too much skill to not score goals. They really aren't even creating many quality opportunities right now. Oh well, time to start a new winning streak on Saturday.

Same feelings about Franzen. He uses his size along the boards well, but when it comes to making a play when he has the puck, he always shys away from any contact. It's hard to get angry at him, because he has scored many goals for the wings this season, but it's driving me crazy to watch him play like this.

Good run boys, kudos on the record setting run!

On another note, is it time Pavel gets thought for Hart Trophey? Last I heard it was the player most valuable to his team, and until recent years we never had one major superstar. Datsyuk has shown he's a ******* beast and better then anybody in the league in pretty much any scenerio, so now that he's stepping into the limelight will he get a Hart nomination?

Sorry if this isnt the correct place for this, its just these past two games has made me think how Dats has become our little secret weapon we use to trump other teams with and got thinking it'd be cool if he could score a Hart, the only to do since Howe in 63 was Sergie in 93....I guess it'll be fitting if he gets it on 13...:thumbup:

Iam a little disappointed from the loss. On a bright side we did not loose and ended the streak to sharks and we will not lose it to Avs on Saturday. That would really be humiliating.

Go Wings !

Wrestling seriously??? Isn't there another forum for that garbage?

Had to give you two big :thumbup: :thumbup: and a plus 1 for this one. :clap:

It was one hell of a streak and a record that will most likely not be touched in a long time. Brought a lot of added excitement to every home game and it was an honor to witness the team I pull for being the ones getting it done. God I love this team.

This one sucked ... I live in BC and am surrounded by homers with their algae colored shirts/jerseys/car flags and am always the token Wings fan that eats chirps from these tools. These last few years the bandwagon has gotten so full its sickening. I missed most of the game because I had to train a hockey team but got to my car just in time to turn on 1040 and hear Burrows score in the shootout. Anyone but him or Kesler ... I think I would wear his face like a Hannibal Lecter skin mask. Deep breath.

Okay. So, its time for the boys to cowboy up and put together another streak to end the year strong. 20 games to go ... likely another 5 without Pavel. If we can get 3 or 4 wins in this stretch (against fairly weak opposition) when hes back for the stretch run hopefully the boys are ready to finish up well. Couple days left till deadline - Id really like to see Kenny add a forward. Either another skill guy (Grabovski/Hemsky) because Hudlers inability to outskate ANYONE really makes me struggle to not kick a hole in the TV when he gets sprung every game but can barely ever get a decent shot because dmen mow him down like grass. Or a big mean sob like Gaustad or Moen wouldnt hurt either.

Did I mention I hate the Canucks (not really, just Kesler, Burrows, and 90% of their fanbase)?