• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Maybe we should try a little Abby-Helm-Miller on the PP?

I mean, that IS our highest scoring line with Datsyuk out.

Guest Crymson

This one sucked ... I live in BC and am surrounded by homers with their algae colored shirts/jerseys/car flags and am always the token Wings fan that eats chirps from these tools. These last few years the bandwagon has gotten so full its sickening. I missed most of the game because I had to train a hockey team but got to my car just in time to turn on 1040 and hear Burrows score in the shootout. Anyone but him or Kesler ... I think I would wear his face like a Hannibal Lecter skin mask. Deep breath.

Okay. So, its time for the boys to cowboy up and put together another streak to end the year strong. 20 games to go ... likely another 5 without Pavel. If we can get 3 or 4 wins in this stretch (against fairly weak opposition) when hes back for the stretch run hopefully the boys are ready to finish up well. Couple days left till deadline - Id really like to see Kenny add a forward. Either another skill guy (Grabovski/Hemsky) because Hudlers inability to outskate ANYONE really makes me struggle to not kick a hole in the TV when he gets sprung every game but can barely ever get a decent shot because dmen mow him down like grass. Or a big mean sob like Gaustad or Moen wouldnt hurt either.

Did I mention I hate the Canucks (not really, just Kesler, Burrows, and 90% of their fanbase)?

If you ever get sick of their taunting, remind them of that time when their team got absolutely obliterated on home ice in game seven of the SCF.

It's going to be a nauseating day tomorrow on the airwaves here in Vancouver.

See above.

To me the diffrance in this game was the canucks best players showed up. The Wings best players.......... Watched the "role" players bust their ass and do everything they could to try to win. Z, your my boy but last night was not good enough. We need a lot more out of you. #93, what were you doing out there last night? With Datsyuk out we need you to be big for us and you s*** the bed. I love you guys but WAKE UP!!!!! Just watch #43,#8,#20.

The idea that the Canucks are divers is anecdotal non-sense perpetuated by eastern media and fans who don't actually follow the Canucks. The reality is no one stays up past 10 or 11 to watch the games.

If Holland and Babcock respect Gillis, Vigneault and the Canucks, which they do, that is enough for me to know what real hockey people think about the team.

Excellent game last night. Maybe the Wings will get the win next time.

Random thoughts:

This power play needs to be better. Period. 0/5 is unacceptable, especially with the 4 and 5on3's they've been whiffing on. Additionally, if you want to win the big games, your best players have to be your best players.

That being said, I was less impressed with the Nucks defensive game than I was depressed by the lack of sustained hustle by the Wing's top two lines. Cleary is NOT a top 6 forward - stop forcing it!

Howard is elite.

Helm, Abdelkader and Miller remind me of the Grind Line.

Ericsson is a defensive liability. His offensive "instincts" lead to odd man rushes the other way and pucks intercepted directly in front the net.

The Joe is amazing this year. Does my heart good to know our barn is force to be reckoned with again.

Quincy's ass had an appointment with Babcock's boot until he scored. Less time in

the box please. He looked better than Ericsson.

i also live near vancouver, watched the whole game ... a brutal 1st that was complete garbage hockey by the wings, just pisses me right off... however it really showed how much we miss pavs and it showed tuesday to... and i cannot stand these canuck fans.. and reffering to another wings fan on here from vancouver... yea the team 1040 can be realll annoying the only guy i dont mind is don taylor ... gary valk can go hang himself that guys a douchebag! and that dracula looking luongo is a freakin clown.. fml i hate that team so much and there logo and there fans even there arena everything about them!!!

Same feelings about Franzen. He uses his size along the boards well, but when it comes to making a play when he has the puck, he always shys away from any contact. It's hard to get angry at him, because he has scored many goals for the wings this season, but it's driving me crazy to watch him play like this.

If there is one absolute in late game lead protecting situations it's that Franzen should NEVER be on the ice. I have never seen a bigger, slower, out of position pylon and this is about the fourth time this year he has failed to defend against a game tying goal.

Jimmy - Good job.

Helm - Good job.

Quincey - Good job.

The rest of you - Not so much.

Anyone else notice Burrow's "breaking" celebration? I thought it was funny, although I hope no Red Wing would act like that.

Jimmy - Good job.

Helm - Good job.

Quincey - Good job.

The rest of you - Not so much.

Anyone else notice Burrow's "breaking" celebration? I thought it was funny, although I hope no Red Wing would act like that.

Yea, most of the Wings players that have celebrated after scoring a goal don't showboat that much. I know Dats has fist pumped a few times, and then Tatar was showing off the jersey once. Thats why I like the Wings. They are classy and professional.

Yea, most of the Wings players that have celebrated after scoring a goal don't showboat that much. I know Dats has fist pumped a few times, and then Tatar was showing off the jersey once. Thats why I like the Wings. They are classy and professional.

That was AWESOME.

I had an event to go to last night and only caught the tail end of the game at the bar. Disappointing for the streak to be so close to continuing only to have it end - but I'm not very upset by its demise. We all knew it would end sooner or later as each win makes keeping it alive more and more impossible. I'm proud to see them hold the record and getting 46 points out of it isn't too shabby, either.

:clap:

I wasn't able to watch the game.

How'd Quincey do?

(Saw that he scored a goal, but wondered beyond the highlights)

I thought that overall He was very good. He did take a couple minor's at the start but once he settled down he was great! I am sure that he will make E a better defenseman. That being said, If He re-signs and Nick and Stuart stay then is Ericsson traded with Kindl and Smith moving up?

Quincey is a solid pick up for the Wings!

(As mentioned earlier, I was at the game last night) Entertaining game, we got our money's worth. However, we allowed to many shots, 46. You can tell this team misses Datsyuk. Hopefully we can play .500 these next two weeks.

Great game by Helm and Howard.

I think this is the best goaltending we've had in decades.

I thought that overall He was very good. He did take a couple minor's at the start but once he settled down he was great! I am sure that he will make E a better defenseman. That being said, If He re-signs and Nick and Stuart stay then is Ericsson traded with Kindl and Smith moving up?

Quincey is a solid pick up for the Wings!

I agree, Quincey had a good game. He was in most of the after whistle scrums, and scored a goal. I'm glad he's back.

I wonder if the whole team had practiced that stick breaking celebration Burrows did.

Burrows broke his stick in half like that in Game 7 of the cup final last year when they went down 3-0. I will have to find the video and see if its online or anything.

When he did it after his shootout goal, I thought Vancouver was going to riot. :D

The idea that the Canucks are divers is anecdotal non-sense perpetuated by eastern media and fans who don't actually follow the Canucks. The reality is no one stays up past 10 or 11 to watch the games.

If Holland and Babcock respect Gillis, Vigneault and the Canucks, which they do, that is enough for me to know what real hockey people think about the team.

That sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. People watched the Finals last year...a lot of people. They seen first hand what the majority of the Nucks are about. They looked to me like a team that felt they were entitled to win, an overall arrogance. Which is coming from a team that has never won anything. Boston played like that attitude pissed them off and did something about it. NHL players just voted them the most overrated team in the NHL and I've heard quite a bit of hatred from other players towards them. Oddly enough, the team the Nucks probably want to emulate is us, and I hear 98% respect throughout the league for us.

Edited by achildr1

Well when you score so many times like the Red Wings do, you run out of celebrations to do. ;)

In the grand scheme of things, this was just a one-point loss. Not a big deal.

That's what I've been thinking all along. When the playoffs start we forget all about regular season games. I was more interested in how Jimmy and Q looked than the outcome of the game. Datsyuk will probably come back in better shape than he was before the All-Star break.

They'll be fine. I'm not going to freak until they're 2 games down in a playoff series. Then all bets are off. :scared:

Guest Hatethedrake!

The streak had to end sometime. We still have the record. I'm not worried about losing to the Canucks in a shootout. Nice to see Quincey score in his debut. :thumbup:

Typical person on the west coast who thinks the east is against them. The Canucks had the Bruins, but the Bruins had enough of their diving, cheap shots, and biting. The gutless Canucks woke a sleeping giant, and now everyone out there blames Luongo for the loss. If the Canucks paid more attention to winning games in the final, instead of all the cheap stuff, they would have won the series in 5.

Vancouver turned the final into a street fight, and turtled when the bigger and tougher Bruins fought back.

Edit: The Canucks fans are gutless too. Who destroys their city when they lose a Championship?

Edited by Barrie

After getting some sleep last night after the loss. Woke up today. And yeah I'm still feeling the loss. I thought it was a big game for a couple of reasons...

Winning without Dats in the lineup - We can't do it. Sorry.

Screwing ourselves again last night on the power play. Nothing new yes, but hopefully it's fixed come playoffs.

Overall the performance was there in the 2nd and 3rd periods but hardly any effort in the 1st period.

The third line of Abby - Helm - Miller is doing what they need to do and surprised no PP ice time yet either.

This game is not the end of our season or anything but to me these top team games can be used as a measuring stick. Imo we are missing that one other scoring forward on our roster imo to put us over the top of everyone. Don't think it will happen but here's to wishful thinking : )

I thought Howard played really well last night. Ericsson looked badly lost, and he really needs to stop pinching. I'm really loving our 3rd line, they bring it every night!!

I hate losing to the Canucks being from BC and all but wow did there media hype this game up beyond anything I've heard of. I thought it was the stanley cup finals the way they were going on about it. Glad we got 1 point, would of been nice to get the other point but at the end of the day it just means it's time to start a new streak :thumbup:

anecdotal?

What, you expected a scientific study on how often they flop and embellish?

The idea that the Canucks are divers comes from me having eyes. The Sharks Nucks conference finals was a disgrace. There's plenty of evidence of embarrassing dives by several players on Vancouver, including the captain. It's not some myth being perpetrated here.