Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#21 Datsyuk4Life

Datsyuk4Life

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Western conference finals pre-view. Go Wings! :)

#22 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Maybe if you posted here more often you'd realize that Mike gets the GDTs up early all the time. We could be playing the Coyotes tonight and the thread would have been started at the same time.

Quit sniffing your own farts, you're not that special.

Or maybe he is, though not in the way he thinks. :). Pavs out definitely makes it tougher but I've got a feeling Quincey is going to make an impact in his first game back in the Winged Wheel. (part of me wants to call him the giant Q due to the old Denis Leary routine about NyQuil). This should be a good game though, and I think the Wings will show up for the full 60.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#23 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

My roomate is a massive Canucks fanboy so Ive got a case of beer and bragging rights riding on this game ... Pavel out is a HUGE blow, but f**k it, get it done boys! Really got a gut feeling this will be a playoff series this spring. This game could be the deciding factor in home ice advantage.

Even if you lose, just remind him how good that beer must taste coming out of a Stanley Cup since Vancouver doesn't have one. There's no possible way to come back from that.

#24 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Kesler cry again :sly:

#25 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

The game is tomorrow, no?

Yea, I was confused too. They will just have to change the date. I got all excited I was going to get to watch a game tonight haha.

Like the previous two posters, I too, was very confused at the date. I had to ensure today was Wednesday not Thursday. Damn you!!!

Whoops...I didn't read the date properly. I thought the Wings were going to be flying home from the Hawks game last night to play tonight, hence the 2/22 GDT date. Earlier tonight I was extremely irritated when I turned on 97.1 and the Pistons were on, and no sports on AM 1270. I went online to look up if there was any station that was broadcasting the Wings.

My attitude quickly went from :ranting: to :huh: to :blush: when I saw the game was indeed tomorrow, not tonight.

I sorry! :hehe:

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 22 February 2012 - 11:13 PM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#26 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Even if you lose, just remind him how good that beer must taste coming out of a Stanley Cup since Vancouver doesn't have one. There's no possible way to come back from that.

Yea, Canucks' fans are pretty sensitive about the fact their team is 0 for 40.

#27 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

We have to win without Datsyuk in the lineup. That's what good teams do. That just means a few key players will have to step up their game and play like they give a damn. I hope that we don't have to witness The Keystone Cops routine, that was our 2nd period against Chicago. Way too many turnovers. Way too many dumb passes. Keep it simple. Win #24 for Probie. And listen to all the whining from Wah-ncouver about how they would have won, but.....

8-1 Wings. :siren: :siren: :siren: Benching 7ouongo in the 1st period, and sadly, ruining Jimmy's great game in the last minute of play. :ranting: LGRW.

Great job, HT001 :thumbup: no matter which day it is. :D

#28 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

We have to win without Datsyuk in the lineup. That's what good teams do. That just means a few key players will have to step up their game and play like they give a damn. I hope that we don't have to witness The Keystone Cops routine, that was our 2nd period against Chicago. Way too many turnovers. Way too many dumb passes. Keep it simple. Win #24 for Probie. And listen to all the whining from Wah-ncouver about how they would have won, but.....

8-1 Wings. :siren: :siren: :siren: Benching 7ouongo in the 1st period, and sadly, ruining Jimmy's great game in the last minute of play. :ranting: LGRW.

Great job, HT001 :thumbup: no matter which day it is. :D

:thumbup:

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#29 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

Or the fact that Mike tries to get them up the day before so it's there bright and early on game days.

Finally, someone who understands me. :P

#30 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

Top line of Franzen-Z-Bertuzzi needs to be changed imo. Way too slow. Maybe get Nyquist or Mursak in there.

bringit.jpg

#31 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

The Wings are indeed a different animal on home ice even without Pavs but this is going to be another close game the whole way I feel. I think the deciding factor will be Jimmy > Lou all day. 3-1 Wings.

#32 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

Please keep the streak alive. I rather we lose to Columbus to end the streak than to Vancouver. I don't think I could stand listening to the crap the day after on the radio talk shows here.

I hear ya, neighbor. I don't need Pratt and Taylor busting my balls. Go Wings!

#33 aMonster

aMonster

Rookie

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

The psychology of this game is all wrong for Detroit. If they win the headline will simply be that they kept the streak alive for yet another home game, if they lose the headline will be "High flying Canucks end Wings run". Either way advantage Vancouver, except with their fans if they lose.

Of course this game is just begging for interesting headlines, I dont even want to wake up till about ten min before the anthems begins.

#34 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

Mursak to score today. You heard it here first.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#35 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'm starting to realize how retarded you really are each and every time you post here. Please, spare us the extra stress on our eyes and just be quiet. You ensure us that we're not all crazy and Vancouver fans really are that dumb.

I've come down on Monster a couple times in the past but to criticize Monster (and me by proxy) so heavily is a little unfair. He may be wrong about the timing of the GDT but he's certainly correct in saying this is a big game that's getting a lot of attention from fans (and the media). It's the two western conference powerhouses meeting for a game that could determine first place overall in the NHL - plus that whole streak thing you guys got going. It's one thing to criticize when there's a valid reason, but to criticize like you have based on a statement that is at least partially correct seems to me to be more reflective of how you feel about the Canucks and their fans rather than anything particularly shameful that Monster said.

But to the game - whenever I see the GDT's here and the "Projected Starters" and "Injury Report" banners I assume those are hot-linked to another page but that never seems to happen. Maybe that's a FireFox issue though.

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Raymond
Hansen - Hodgson - Higgins
Weise - Malhotra - Lapierre

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Rome - Tanev

Tanev is a good young defenceman and is expected to crack the top four within a year or so.

Luongo is expected to start but I don't think that's been officially announced yet. Canucks play the Devils the next night so Schneider will most certainly get at least one of those games. He has been trusted to play big games against big teams but I'd expect Luongo to get the Wings game. The wild card in this is that I'm sure both Luongo and Coach Vig would like to see Luongo go head to head against Brodeur.

Higgins missed practice yesterday.

Murphy @sportsnetmurph
#canucks Higgins blocked a shot in 3rd period (against Nashville) and needed stitches to close a cut. His finger is not broken and he expects to play in DET.

Canuck Killers:
Pavel Datsyuk - 34GP, 9G, 15A, 24Pts
Henrik Zetterberg - 33GP, 10G, 13A, 23Pts
Nicklas Lidstrom - 76GP, 13G, 42A, 55Pts

Wing Killers:
Daniel Sedin - 41GP, 14G, 24A, 38Pts
Henrik Sedin - 43GP, 8G, 30A, 38Pts
Ryan Kesler - 25GP, 7G, 12A, 19Pts

The Canucks have a decided advantage on special teams but that means nothing come game time today. The fact that their powerplay is still first in the league only speaks to how dominant it was early in the season. It has struggled for a couple months now as has the entire team with the exception of the goaltending tandem which has managed to pull out the wins. The team struggles appear to have ended recently though.

I'm expecting a potential game of the year with a playoff atmosphere. Good luck guys and girls.

Edited by Chairman Maouth, 23 February 2012 - 02:18 PM.

It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#36 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

Current Streaks
Regular-Season Streaks
Overall: 1-game losing streak
Home: 23-game winning streak (4 shutouts, 1 overtime, 3 shootouts)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v Vancouver
Overall: 1-game winning streak (shootout)
Home: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Last Ten Games, Current Regular-Season
Overall: 7W-2L-0OTL-1SOL
Home: 10W

Last Ten Games, Historical Regular-Season v. Vancouver
Overall: 6W-4L
Home: 6W-2L-2OTL

Home Games / Away Games
This is a first of two consecutive home games, played over three calendar days

Record v. Vancouver
All-time, Overall v. Vancouver
158G: 82W-54L-18T-0RT-4OTL-0SOL

All-time, Home v. Vancouver
79G: 48W-20L-8T-0RT-3OTL-0SOL

Season Record v. Vancouver
This is the fourth, and final, game v. Vancouver this season. The Club's record in the previous three games:
2W-1L

This is the second, and final, home game v. Vancouver this season. The Club's record in the previous game:
1W

Record on this Day
February 23
This is the 38th regular-season game played on this day. The Club's record in the previous 37 games:
14W-14L-8T-0RT-0OTL-1SOL

This is the 3rd regular-season games v. Vancouver played on this day.The Club's record in he previous 2 games:
2W

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#37 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

So, anyone have any streaming suggestions now that frwtv is out of business?
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#38 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

The Maouth speaks, and has class. Thanks for that. This is gonna be a pressure cooker, boys and girls. Katie bar the door....
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#39 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

So, anyone have any streaming suggestions now that frwtv is out of business?

Messaged you with 4. Not sure if they're kosher to post here in public or not.

Thanks HM. :)
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#40 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

I look to see a better effort from these boys tonite I'll tells ya! I hope to the holy ghost we can beat these bastards they call the canuks tonite....the sharks and canuks thats all I asked from the begining so please, please, please!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.