• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Vancouver, as usual, put on quite a diving show.

But on a positive note Quincey looked great. I kept my eye on him and his stick seemed to always get in the way of a Vancouver shot or pass. Aside from those two penalties he looked comfortable and did all the right things. Plus, the way he moved up Kronwall-like for that goal is a good sign of things to come.

He's going to be the best 3rd pairing defenseman in the league, haha.

in likeliness rather than the sedins it will be booth that will be sent to the hospital by kronwall. College hockey taught this guy to skate with his head down and in front of his family and friends he probably will take more risks leaving himself even more vulnerable. I think there is a good chance Kronwall will hammer him.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,902&event=DET563

The idea that the Canucks are divers is anecdotal non-sense perpetuated by eastern media and fans who don't actually follow the Canucks. The reality is no one stays up past 10 or 11 to watch the games.

If Holland and Babcock respect Gillis, Vigneault and the Canucks, which they do, that is enough for me to know what real hockey people think about the team.

Excellent game last night. Maybe the Wings will get the win next time.

I love how your every comment seeks to denigrate those who's opinions don't concur with yours. Classic case of an inferiority complex.

Wings are in the west - Wings fans quite often stay up past 10 or 11 to watch games. Of course it just has to be the media that conjures and reinforces these specious stereotypes out of thin air. Lord knows we don't have good vision or any real hockey sense to be able to make these determinations on our own.

I find it odd that a Nucks fan who doesn't care about the opinion of Wings fans would make it a point to come over to a Wings board after a Vancouver win and state that specifically. Methinks thou doth protest too much.....

Some of these attitudes strike me as eerily similar to those of Preds fans who insist there's some big rivalry between these teams when thus far there clearly isn't, at least in the minds of thousands of "delusional" Detroit fans. Maybe someday we'll have the epiphany you obviously so desperately want us to have.

That being said, in spite of some issues, Vancouver deserved the win IMO.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

tough loss but the streak had to end sometime. great showing by the 3rd line last night. abby, helm did phenominal. cleary had some chances too but hes gotta bury those. franzen was invincible, zetterberg was meh, and bert was...well he was bert. kronwall layed out a great hit but stood back on another. hudler needs to be more accurate with his shots. and captain lids was human as always. as for jimmy, he had a great game. one of the goals scored against him wasnt his fault as it went off of kronners skate.

overall to sum up: great night by the 3rd line

jimmy was steller despite the loss

really REALLY miss datsyuk

wow this is the longest ive ever written on a GDT. im usually straight to the point and very short. but i feel i had to say it. lol

just gotta regroup, practice and have a better showing against the Avalanche on Saturday

tough loss but the streak had to end sometime. great showing by the 3rd line last night. abby, helm did phenominal. cleary had some chances too but hes gotta bury those. franzen was invincible, zetterberg was meh, and bert was...well he was bert. kronwall layed out a great hit but stood back on another. hudler needs to be more accurate with his shots. and captain lids was human as always. as for jimmy, he had a great game. one of the goals scored against him wasnt his fault as it went off of kronners skate.

overall to sum up: great night by the 3rd line

jimmy was steller despite the loss

really REALLY miss datsyuk

wow this is the longest ive ever written on a GDT. im usually straight to the point and very short. but i feel i had to say it. lol

just gotta regroup, practice and have a better showing against the Avalanche on Saturday

I agree with you, but surely you meant invisible?

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

I agree with you, but surely you meant invisible?

haha yeah..thats what i meant. my bad.

anywho i havent seen it posted yet but here is the burrows incident after the shootout win. where he pretended to "snap" his stick. to indicate that he "snapped" the streak. you see it better in slow motion at :34

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

haha yeah..thats what i meant. my bad.

anywho i havent seen it posted yet but here is the burrows incident after the shootout win. where he pretended to "snap" his stick. to indicate that he "snapped" the streak. you see it better in slow motion at :34

Burrows is a finger-biting douchebag. Would you really expect anything less of him?

There's no great mystery as to why Vancouver and their fans get so much grief. They earn it.

It's so pathetic that they're excited to end the streak anyway. The Wings already got the record, any more wins were just gravy. I guess when you don't win anything you get easily excited for every little thing you do win. Whatevs...

esteef

It's so pathetic that they're excited to end the streak anyway. The Wings already got the record, any more wins were just gravy. I guess when you don't win anything you get easily excited for every little thing you do win. Whatevs...

esteef

I thought it was only with the fans, but it's funny that the fascination on little things like that are important enough to a player to do that for his shootout celebration. I guess they're trying to rack up whatever little achievements they can after crapping the bed during their chance at the big one.

Ok guys the loss wasn't THAT bad.

-It took them to the last round of the shootout to beat the Wings. Basically a toss up.

-They could barely win even though Datsyuk was out.

-One of their goals went off of Kronwall's skate, it wasn't even a shot on net.

-The linesmen gifted them an icing call, but those things happens.

-Howard was awesome, remember the game could have been tied on that late Booth breakaway.

-The third line was awesome, and shows how deep this team will be when fully healthy.

Its not the end of the world, the streak was bound to end sometime. Luongo was also really good, he stopped a lot of good chances, and a couple in OT. Now that the pressure is off somewhat, they can go back to business as usual.

hey bro, we lost in a shootout. your assumption is way too confident for such a small sample size.

The Wings were outplayed most of the game and the only reason they were in it is because 3 forwards stepped up. Helm, Abdelkader and Miller. The rest of the forwards were jerking their chains the whole damn game. Its sad that our 3rd line carried the team while the top6 played uninspired crap.

Guest Crymson

I thought it was only with the fans, but it's funny that the fascination on little things like that are important enough to a player to do that for his shootout celebration. I guess they're trying to rack up whatever little achievements they can after crapping the bed during their chance at the big one.

Burrows just lacks sportsmanship. It's a shame.

Guest Crymson

The idea that the Canucks are divers is anecdotal non-sense perpetuated by eastern media and fans who don't actually follow the Canucks. The reality is no one stays up past 10 or 11 to watch the games.

That you think you can arbitrarily declare others` opinions to be nonsense is nonsense. The reality for me is that I began last year's Stanley Cup finals rooting for the Canucks but was rapidly turned off by the constant diving of your team's star players. I and everyone else here spent ten years cheering for Shanahan, Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, and the like, and now we do the same for Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall and the like. None of the stars we've watched and loved so much ever made a habit of diving. They were all class acts in that department. To see another team's star players so obviously willing to commit egregious dives on a regular basis is therefore insulting. We expect better of star players. Three games of watching the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows flopping onto the ice like fish was enough to conclusively drive me into the Bruins` camp, and that was that.

6frpdt.gif

n2hbo6.gif

Lucic-Burrows-Dive.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urIlWcdT6i4

Wanna try again?

Edited by Hockeytown0001

"BOOM! The Streak is over. Statement win."

"The streak is over."

"YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" SUCK A DICK, DEAD WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCK ON OUR RIGHTEOUS CANUCKS DICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*** YOU *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"oh man what a hell of a game. i havent celebrated a win that much since the playoffs."

"I am so excited right now it's not even funny. I definitely celebrated hard on Burrows' goal. "

"Eat it, f***ers!"

"Many people believe it because we kick their asses. Great game and glad we got to end the Wings streak. Hate away, just means we're better than you!!!!!!!! "

Absolute worst fanbase ever for the most classless team ever

Edited by Jeff6851

I think Franzen has been suckin. If he had gone down like a man last night he probably would have been able to block the Sedin shot that tied the game with 15 seconds remaining. We should have never been in overtime. He also is almost a guaranteed loss of possession whenever he touches the puck of late. Sit him down for a game or two and let some motivated youngsters show him what proper effort is.

I think Franzen has been suckin. If he had gone down like a man last night he probably would have been able to block the Sedin shot that tied the game with 15 seconds remaining. We should have never been in overtime. He also is almost a guaranteed loss of possession whenever he touches the puck of late. Sit him down for a game or two and let some motivated youngsters show him what proper effort is.

...a lot of folks are gonna flame you for this post, especially since it's you first post, BUT I give you a +1 because yesterday was the type of game that we needed Franzen to show up, and Hudler to show up amongst others...Bad call on the icing, but bear down and clear the net so Jimmy can see! Franzen did try to block the shot, but I do agree he kinda looked like a ballerina while doing so, maybe he was just in awe of Daniel....er or Henrik...or was it Daniel? Anyhow...Franzen first and foremost needed to show up last night and he didn't.

And those Nuck fans that are gloating and saying how much better they are than the Wings...Gloat away, go ahead, the streak was gonna end sooner or later, not only did you have a blown icing call in your favor (in which game would've been over without it) you also had law of averages in your favor. You should be sad that it took a 6 on 5 for you guys to tie it and a shootout to win it. That there doesn't tell me that you are better than us, just that Burrows got the better of Howard this one time and you guys can score when you have more players on the ice. I really hope these two teams meet in the playoffs, not only is it great hockey (if our "CLUTCH" players decide to show up) but it will be fun to eliminate you guys. Oh and back to breaking the streak, thank you, now the Wings can go back to playing without having this thing in the back of their heads. I am glad it was Vancouver that ended the streak, better than losing to St. Louis or Chicago or worse yet, Pittsburgh. See ya in the playoffs! What time is it? 12 past Luongo....now that is a streak I would hope is more important to you to break, your playoff choking streak.

Lovely! I guess Cindy Lee Crosby isn't the biggest diver in the league! I take back all the bad things I have said about him! Sorry Sid!