Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#581 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Well I guess that the new streak is about to start... :)

GO WINGS GO!
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#582 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Maybe this will be evidence enough to Babcock to never put Hudler in the shootout. Such a stupid move everytime I see him out there I know it's a miss. Way to step up tonight Z and Franzen. (sarcasm)

#583 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Damn Damn Damn ... we were 30 secs away from winning this! This is so sickening :ranting:

#584 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

Great game by Quincey and Howard. Everyone else played poorly, and that's why we lost. I'm almost kind of glad the streak is over, enough hearing about it all the time. Like look at the Canucks, they celebrate like they just won a playoff series or something after beating us without Datsyuk in a shootout. Who cares.

The Wings need to wake up, and start playing good hockey again. Because if not, they'll struggle until Dats gets back.

#NOMOREKINDL

#585 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Really, Weekes? Burrows is a f***. Get a clue.

#586 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

anyone else convinced we still need another top 6?

when you have to rely on your 3rd line to score all your goals you got a problem.

disappointing last 2 games. simply rely on datsyuk too much and theyre lost without him.

#587 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

did anyone really think the wings were going to win a shootout without pavel?

come on.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#588 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Figures a team who blows at shootouts would end the streak in one. Well, hell of an accomplishment anyhow.

#589 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Maybe this will be evidence enough to Babcock to never put Hudler in the shootout. Such a stupid move everytime I see him out there I know it's a miss. Way to step up tonight Z and Franzen. (sarcasm)

You should pay attention when you are saying the bad things about Hudler - You are going to get - feedbacks... :)
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#590 heikks86

heikks86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Hudler scored last time against Vancouver in the shootout

#591 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Let the torrential whining begin. Who's not good enough? Who needs to be benched? How badly are we going to lose to Vancouver in the playoffs?

What I can't stand are people blaming the refs. Yea, a blown icing call. Good teams rise up above that. You can bet that Babcock or the Wings aren't using that as an excuse.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#592 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

If there was one thing that could end the streak, it had to be the ref for that blown icing call. Absolutely should never officiate another NHL game again.

#593 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

It's not the end of the world guys. We still have a one point lead. Let's look forward to saturday. I always enjoy destroying the Avs.

#594 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

This is the way I wanted to streak to end. With the Wings getting a point out of it but I can't believe that bulls*** icing call
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#595 aMonster

aMonster

Rookie

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Let the torrential whining begin. Who's not good enough? Who needs to be benched? How badly are we going to lose to Vancouver in the playoffs?

I was already committed to eating poop for the next three days with 4 min left in the third, suppose I'll still have to but at least with a satisfied smile on my face...! Awesome game, awesome effort by both teams. Could have gone either way.

#596 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Let the Crymson complaining begin.

#597 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

you guys need to shut up about that icing call. thats icing 10 times out of 10

thats not why we lost the game. could have won the faceoff and got control of the puck. could have played better defense. didnt they capitalized thats that.

#598 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Thats such a cop-out. Vancouver deserved to win. Give them some credit. Don't be a whiny ass.

That was a great game even though Detroit finished on the losing side in a shootout. Could have went either way.

We gave up around 45 shots. That's not good defense. We did play well offensively (thanks 3rd line), but the crappy powerplay and the pathetic point coverage cost us the game.

We did indeed deserve to lose, bad icing call and all. Game could have gone either way and for once, it didn't go our way.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#599 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

What a lucky ass win. Random bounce off Kronwall's skate and a blown icing call to give them the GTG. Wings are still the better team, just bad luck this game. I look forward to watching the Wings dismantle this yearly overrated Vancouver team in the playoffs.

#600 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

That also makes Vancouver the...4th team this season, I think, to beat the Wings when they score 3+ goals. I remember Toronto and Nashville, could swear there was one more.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!