Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#621 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

What? Miller, Helm, and Abdelkader all had a great game.

Yes, should've added the 3rd line. My mistake, too bad there great reaction goal couldn't stand as the GWG :ranting:

#NOMOREKINDL

#622 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Give me a break. It was a blown call that directly led to a Canucks goal.

It's a bag of s*** excuse. The lost faceoff and two failed clearing attempts that resulted in the goal. Its not like the lost icing put the puck in the back of the net. The Wings have to be better, not look for excuses.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#623 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

The Hockey Gods are just.

#624 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

I blame Crymson for the loss.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 23 February 2012 - 10:34 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#625 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Eh, Vancouver probably deserves to win but when you have that lead in your house with 30 seconds left with that crowd behind you, you don't give up that goal under any circumstance.

I'm going to have Burrows breaking that stick burnt into my mind for some time now.

#626 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

I think what I"m PO'ed about the most is that the streak was broken by the next closest team in the standings.
Really though, I wouldn't have been happy at all that the streak was broken, but that the Canucks did it, nipping on our heels just makes it that much worse.
The way they did it too - last second goal to tie it as a result of a questionable call and then in a shootout.
Eh oh well ...

Remember that time in 2002 when the Canucks were up 2-0 in the first round of the playoffs, and Lidstrom scores from near the blue line in the third game, and the Wings reeled off four straight wins .... yeah, that was awesome.

Go Wings!

#627 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

In the grand scheme of things, this was just a one-point loss. Not a big deal.

#628 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Can I have an update on Quincey??? Physical enough?

Decently physical, good crease clearer. Very good on the offensive side as well.

#NOMOREKINDL

#629 cwilson

cwilson

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Holland's got till Monday to wake-up and start making moves. More than one and pretty obvious after tonight's inexcuseable loss. Little depth on this team with too many marginal plyers.

+1

#630 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

except giving up that regulation win could very likely cost them 1st in the conference.

get real.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#631 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

It's a bag of s*** excuse. The lost faceoff and two failed clearing attempts that resulted in the goal. Its not like the lost icing put the puck in the back of the net. The Wings have to be better, not look for excuses.

None of that happens if the linesman makes the right call. I'm done discussing this with you. I have nothing left to say on the matter and I'm not going to agree with your cuss laden responses.

#632 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Wrong.

We should be 4 up on Vancouver with a regulation win. Instead, we're only 1 point up.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#633 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

I think what I"m PO'ed about the most is that the streak was broken by the next closest team in the standings.
Really though, I wouldn't have been happy at all that the streak was broken, but that the Canucks did it, nipping on our heels just makes it that much worse.
The way they did it too - last second goal to tie it as a result of a questionable call and then in a shootout.
Eh oh well ...

Remember that time in 2002 when the Canucks were up 2-0 in the first round of the playoffs, and Lidstrom scores from near the blue line in the third game, and the Wings reeled off four straight wins .... yeah, that was awesome.

Go Wings!

Chelios vs Bertuzzi and Hasek just beeing the DOMINATOR!!!

Great cup run!
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#634 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

It was a hard fought game and the Wings still got a point to stay in 1st. Burrows had a nice move to score, but the stick break pantomime was bush league imho. I hope he gets Kronwalled hard in the playoffs. Kevin Weekes can take his "moxie" back to the Eddie Olczyk school of broadcasting. If he was on a Vancouver broadcast, I could tolerate his obvious glee over the Wings loss, but for a supposed national feed, not so much.

We can complain about the weak icing call until we are blue in the face, but Bertuzzi should know better than to give the opportunity for the linesman to make that call. The Wings were lucky to be up early as much as they were outshot, and if the PP had actually popped one it wouldn't have mattered. Luongo made some great saves, as did Jimmy. If these teams meet in the WCF it will be a barnburner.

Jimmy has played much better in his return after the broken finger than the two losses indicate. He deserves better effort from everyone in front of him, not just the Helm line.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#635 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Every loss is a big deal here

#636 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Holland's got till Monday to wake-up and start making moves. More than one and pretty obvious after tonight's inexcuseable loss. Little depth on this team with too many marginal plyers.

Ah, so being the first in the league and losing without Datsyuk to the second-best team in the conference by the slimmest of margins is "inexcusable" and means that several moves must be made. I think this should be put directly under "overreaction" in the dictionary.

#637 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Decently physical, good crease clearer. Very good on the offensive side as well.

THANKS!
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#638 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

except giving up that regulation win could very likely cost them 1st in the conference.

get real.

With 20 games left in the season... no.

#639 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

get real.

I miss Leonard... Funny you show up when he's not around. Hmmm.

So. Terrible. Being. A. Wings. Fan.

#640 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

None of that happens if the linesman makes the right call. I'm done discussing this with you. I have nothing left to say on the matter and I'm not going to agree with your cuss laden responses.

Cuss laden? haha..the guy said s*** once.

Good hockey game, full credit to the Nucks, they played well..we responded. Good run ends at 23.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!