Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#641 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

Ah, so being the first in the league and losing without Datsyuk to the second-best team in the conference by the slimmest of margins is "inexcusable" and means that several moves must be made. I think this should be put directly under "overreaction" in the dictionary.

I'm glad you're not our GM.

We'd never make any moves ever. You would have kept Anders Eriksson most likely, because we won the Cup with him in 1998.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#642 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

I think what I"m PO'ed about the most is that the streak was broken by the next closest team in the standings.
Really though, I wouldn't have been happy at all that the streak was broken, but that the Canucks did it, nipping on our heels just makes it that much worse.
The way they did it too - last second goal to tie it as a result of a questionable call and then in a shootout.
Eh oh well ...

Remember that time in 2002 when the Canucks were up 2-0 in the first round of the playoffs, and Lidstrom scores from near the blue line in the third game, and the Wings reeled off four straight wins .... yeah, that was awesome.

Go Wings!

STYLE.... :)

Attached Files

Edited by Dominator2005, 23 February 2012 - 10:40 PM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#643 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

not a big deal guys!

crymson has spoken!

1st, place, 2nd place, who cares? it's not like it's going to mean the wings will likely face the sharks in the 2nd round for the 3rd season in a row or anything!

we'll easily keep pace with vancouver with out best player out for weeks even though we have a tougher schedule!

no big deal guys!

nothing to see here!

carry on everyone!

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#644 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Holland's got till Monday to wake-up and start making moves. More than one and pretty obvious after tonight's inexcuseable loss. Little depth on this team with too many marginal plyers.

I haven't checked out your 2 previous posts to this one but I'd assume they are also quality.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#645 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

I'm at least happy San Jose didn't break the streak.

Yeah Vancouver is annoying but they didn't have like a 5 or 6 regular season game winning streak against the Wings.

In all honestly, I always figured a team like the New York Islanders would break the streak.

#646 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 491 posts

I'm just gonna breeze right past the loss since I hate the Canucks and I don't like losing and this combines those two horrible things...but am I the only one who was beyond annoyed at Luongo's reaction and the entire team's playoff style, celebratory group hug?

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#647 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Great run... Vanf****** blows, nuffield said.

Quincey looks dope! Huge huge upgrade! Helm and howard are the s***!!

#648 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

None of that happens if the linesman makes the right call. I'm done discussing this with you. I have nothing left to say on the matter and I'm not going to agree with your cuss laden responses.

One cuss word = cuss laden? I would hate to see what would happen if I used more than one.

Seriously though, its a crap excuse. You aren't going to point the Wings out for losing the faceoff, or the sloppy play trying to get the puck out of the zone, or the way 4 of the guys backed into Howard and wouldn't allow him to see the puck....

You are just concentrating on a blown icing call.

I am just glad you aren't coaching the Wings. Any excuse will do eh? I suppose the Wings would be 82-0 in your mind because there is no way they could lose unless it was the refs or some outside force that altered their destiny.

Its not just you either, its everyone else bitching about a blown icing call that needs a wakeup call. The Wings didn't deserve to win this game. Vancouver outplayed them for two periods. The better team won. Deal with it and move on. The Wings have to improve because this crappy play did not get them the win streak or their record atop the NHL standings. The last two games without Dats has been a real eye opener. I know Babcock isn't in the locker room whining about the refs. He should be tearing his team a new ass for lazy marginal play.

You would be wise to wake up and call this game for what it was.....a crappy effort by the Wings with a few bright spots thrown in by the 3rd line.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#649 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Bad call on the icing. But why the hell was Franzen on the ice with a minute to go? We only have another 11 years of his lazy ass play. Wait until Mr.clutch doesn't show up for the playoffs then what?

#650 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Bad call on the icing. But why the hell was Franzen on the ice with a minute to go? We only have another 11 years of his lazy ass play. Wait until Mr.clutch doesn't show up for the playoffs then what?

Franzen being on the ice with the net empty in a big game, brings back bad memories.

But he was on the ice because that line iced (supposedly) the puck.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 23 February 2012 - 10:43 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#651 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

not a big deal guys!

crymson has spoken!

1st, place, 2nd place, who cares? it's not like it's going to mean the wings will likely face the sharks in the 2nd round for the 3rd season in a row or anything!

we'll easily keep pace with vancouver with out best player out for weeks even though we have a tougher schedule!

no big deal guys!

nothing to see here!

carry on everyone!

Weeks? You know he could pretty much start skating any day right? Tougher schedule? Do we play any teams that are higher in the standings then us? Yea didn't think so.

#652 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

I'm glad you're not our GM.

We'd never make any moves ever. You would have kept Anders Eriksson most likely, because we won the Cup with him in 1998.

So long as we're exaggerating, I'm glad you're not our GM; we'd end the season with 75% personnel turnover, zero locker-room chemistry, and a horrendous reputation amongst players.

Does that work for you?

Edited by Crymson, 23 February 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#653 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

New Wing Kyle Quincey hopes he doesn't jinx home streak

http://www.detroitne...inx-home-streak

:hehe:

#654 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

I'm not even mad that we had our streak ended. It was a great achievement, and we are now in the record books at 23.

All that aside, the thing that pisses me off is the fact we had the game done and dusted, basically. All we needed to do, was hold out for 20 seconds. We lost a game, with the position we were in, we had no right to lose. If you look at the overall game, you can make the argument we did deserve to lose. But a goal up with 20 or so seconds left? You shouldn't really lose a game at that point. But we managed to. And that is what pisses me off the most.

#655 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

I just realized how much of a waste of time this is. Oh well, carry on and enjoy being angry.

#656 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Franzen being on the ice with the net empty in a big game, brings back bad memories.

But he was on the ice because that line iced (supposedly) the puck.

Did you see him attempt to block the shot? lmfao..what a waste of time..just get out of the way if you don't want to block it. Him and Bert look so lost without Pav..Franzen especially. Franzen gets my total reprieve come playoff time if he scores like we know he can in the playoffs !

#657 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

Ah, so being the first in the league and losing without Datsyuk to the second-best team in the conference by the slimmest of margins is "inexcusable" and means that several moves must be made. I think this should be put directly under "overreaction" in the dictionary.

Learn the game, Crymson, and realize that when you lose the way they did tonight is totally inexcusable. Write your suggestion to Merriam-Webster for their consideration.

#658 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Vs Colorado
At Columbus
vs Minnesota
vs Chicago
at Philadelphia
vs LA

I'd be very happy if we can win four out of the next six without Datsyuk.

bringit.jpg

#659 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Do we play any teams that are higher in the standings then us?

does vancouver?

what does that have to do with anything? Posted Image

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#660 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

I'm not even mad that we had our streak ended. It was a great achievement, and we are now in the record books at 23.

All that aside, the thing that pisses me off is the fact we had the game done and dusted, basically. All we needed to do, was hold out for 20 seconds. We lost a game, with the position we were in, we had no right to lose. If you look at the overall game, you can make the argument we did deserve to lose. But a goal up with 20 or so seconds left? You shouldn't really lose a game at that point. But we managed to. And that is what pisses me off the most.

In the last 20 seconds....

Lost faceoff in the defensive zone? Check
Failed clearing attempt? Check
Another failed clearing attempt? Check
Falling down all over the place trying to get a penalty? Check
4 of your 5 players all hovering around in the crease or behind the net? Check

That was just a bad 20 seconds, and Vancouver made them pay.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain