Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#661 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

you guys need to shut up about that icing call. thats icing 10 times out of 10

thats not why we lost the game. could have won the faceoff and got control of the puck. could have played better defense. didnt they capitalized thats that.

Well I didn't see the icing call so I can't comment on that, but when two experts, who see and call at least 82 games per year, say it could've gone either way I agree with them.

That said I wholeheartedly agree with your second statement and dat13owns statement - with 15 seconds left in your own barn and up a goal, you gotta close out the other team.

#662 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,850 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

So long as we're exaggerating, I'm glad you're not our GM; we'd end the season with 75% personnel turnover, zero locker-room chemistry, and a horrendous reputation amongst players.

Does that work for you?

Not at all.

We'd just bring in Moen and Iginla for the deadline, and sign Parros in the offseason. Hardly a 75% turnover or a destruction of team chemistry, LOL.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#663 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Well I didn't see the icing call so I can't comment on that, but when two experts, who see and call at least 82 games per year, say it could've gone either way I agree with them.

That said I wholeheartedly agree with your second statement and dat13owns statement - with 15 seconds left in your own barn and up a goal, you gotta close out the other team.

+1
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#664 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

does vancouver?

what does that have to do with anything? Posted Image

Not now they don't, they just played us for the last time. It has to do with the fact that you think we are the under dog against anyone we play. It doesn't matter who or where. It's comical.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#665 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

Did you see him attempt to block the shot? lmfao..what a waste of time..just get out of the way if you don't want to block it. Him and Bert look so lost without Pav..Franzen especially. Franzen gets my total reprieve come playoff time if he scores like we know he can in the playoffs !

He was pretty brutal tonight. The guy could get a pass if he'd just skate hard, once a game without the puck, but he doesn't. For the amount of hard working players we have, he should be doing it. He scores goals great, he can be a presence in front great. But he isn't a good play maker, not physical at all. Very frustrating player to watch, thank god for his play in the post season :ph34r:

#NOMOREKINDL

#666 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Not now they don't, they just played us for the last time. It has to do with the fact that you think we are the under dog against anyone we play. It doesn't matter who or where. It's comical.

i stated that the wings have a tougher schedule than vancouver to finish the season.

that's a fact.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#667 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Franzen being on the ice with the net empty in a big game, brings back bad memories.

But he was on the ice because that line iced (supposedly) the puck.

I am not 100 percent sure but I think Babs put his line out a few seconds before the icing.

Quincy looks like a huge upgrade, he may teach Big E some defense with any luck! Ken Holland needs to find 5 more Helms before Monday.

#668 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Well, piss.

I hate the Canucks... almost as much as I hate the Sharks. May those two teams forever remain tied in number of Stanley Cup Championships.

On the game... I thought it could have gone either way. Vancouver definitely outplayed us in the 1st, but other than that it was pretty back and forth. It's a heartbreaker for sure, though.

I thought the wrong call was made on the icing, but I can see it being made as well.

I thought the interference call should have been made in OT, but I can see it not being made as well.

I could have easily seen either team winning the game, obviously. But, Detroit was missing arguably its best player and Vancouver was fully staffed.

It sucks for several reasons, but it was FAR from the worst game they've played this season. They are still in the lead in the Conference and the Division (ugh - just checked the score and St. Louis won).

I don't want to think about this game anymore. I'm going to bed.

#669 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Creepy thing is we started out 0-1-1 in the first 2 games that jimmy was hurt then we rattled off 6 straight.... Now in the first 2 games without Pav 0-1-1.... 6 straight wins coming!

#670 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

I just realized how much of a waste of time this is. Oh well, carry on and enjoy being angry.

Hehe. True.

Stars up 2-1 now over Chicago "Detroit Sucks" Blackhawks.
Blues won in a SO.

Go Wings!

#671 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

And to think I was worried about a letdown against Colorado...:crybaby:

They indeed lost it on their own. It's not like they couldn't have won in spite of the icing call. Hudler, Flip and especially Franzen had very poor games tonight. Not ever really into it. And if I were Jimmeh, I'd be pissed. Naw, he won't be because he's a class act, but I sure as hell would be.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#672 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

Quincey proved his value tonight. Definitely worth the 1st.

#673 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

I just feel bad for Howie, he really deserved that win, he was incredible along with Helm, Abby and Miller.
Now Franzen on the other hand needs to be benched, not traded, just benched until he wants to start playing some seriousf****** hockey. He's a large, skilled man that doesn't check or drive the net hard. He could be such a force out there if he had some heart. He's like a kenworth truck with a volkswagon engine.

#674 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Thinking back to this whole game and trying to be objective and not homer, we were lucky to be leading 3-2 with a few minutes left in the 3rd. Up until that point, we were outplayed. Having said that, if we do have a 3-2 lead with 20 secs, we got to lock it down. Definitely miss #13's defence and shootout skills.

It will be a nauseating day here tomorrow in Vancouver. But we're still #1 point wise.

#675 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Quincey proved his value tonight. Definitely worth the 1st.

I agree. Quincey is going to be a good 3rd line defenseman for us. He was a 2nd line defenseman in Colorado and for the Kings, so thats some depth right there. The bad news is that Commodore probably won't get much more playing time.

Edited by Nightfall, 23 February 2012 - 10:57 PM.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#676 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

The streak means nothing.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#677 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

I tried reading through the Canucks GDT but I can't take all the morons "STREAK IS OVER"
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#678 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

I agree. Quincey is going to be a good 3rd line defenseman for us. He was a 2nd line defenseman in Colorado and for the Kings, so thats some depth right there. The bad news is that Commodore probably won't get much more playing time.

That's the beauty of his acquisition. He's on our 3rd pair, but he is a bonafide 2nd pair guy. If there's one thing Kennys done well this year is build depth, we are in a great position going into the trade deadline.

#NOMOREKINDL

#679 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

I tried reading through the Canucks GDT but I can't take all the morons "STREAK IS OVER"

They have to have something to cheer about. Hell, the last time something this big happened to Vancouver, they lost 4-0 at home in Game 7 of the cup final. Maybe they will riot tonight.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#680 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

Streak was never on my mind throughout the game. 23 straight is a great run, but it was time to let go of that and start producing on the road, which is MUCH more important imo.

bringit.jpg