Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#721 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

The streak had to end sometime. We still have the record. I'm not worried about losing to the Canucks in a shootout. Nice to see Quincey score in his debut. :thumbup:
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#722 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

The idea that the Canucks are divers is anecdotal non-sense perpetuated by eastern media and fans who don't actually follow the Canucks. The reality is no one stays up past 10 or 11 to watch the games.

If Holland and Babcock respect Gillis, Vigneault and the Canucks, which they do, that is enough for me to know what real hockey people think about the team.

Excellent game last night. Maybe the Wings will get the win next time.

Typical person on the west coast who thinks the east is against them. The Canucks had the Bruins, but the Bruins had enough of their diving, cheap shots, and biting. The gutless Canucks woke a sleeping giant, and now everyone out there blames Luongo for the loss. If the Canucks paid more attention to winning games in the final, instead of all the cheap stuff, they would have won the series in 5.

Vancouver turned the final into a street fight, and turtled when the bigger and tougher Bruins fought back.

Edit: The Canucks fans are gutless too. Who destroys their city when they lose a Championship?

Edited by Barrie, 24 February 2012 - 10:07 AM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#723 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

After getting some sleep last night after the loss. Woke up today. And yeah I'm still feeling the loss. I thought it was a big game for a couple of reasons...

Winning without Dats in the lineup - We can't do it. Sorry.

Screwing ourselves again last night on the power play. Nothing new yes, but hopefully it's fixed come playoffs.

Overall the performance was there in the 2nd and 3rd periods but hardly any effort in the 1st period.

The third line of Abby - Helm - Miller is doing what they need to do and surprised no PP ice time yet either.

This game is not the end of our season or anything but to me these top team games can be used as a measuring stick. Imo we are missing that one other scoring forward on our roster imo to put us over the top of everyone. Don't think it will happen but here's to wishful thinking : )

#724 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

I thought Howard played really well last night. Ericsson looked badly lost, and he really needs to stop pinching. I'm really loving our 3rd line, they bring it every night!!
I hate losing to the Canucks being from BC and all but wow did there media hype this game up beyond anything I've heard of. I thought it was the stanley cup finals the way they were going on about it. Glad we got 1 point, would of been nice to get the other point but at the end of the day it just means it's time to start a new streak :thumbup:
IPB Image

#725 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,549 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

The idea that the Canucks are divers is anecdotal non-sense perpetuated by eastern media and fans who don't actually follow the Canucks. The reality is no one stays up past 10 or 11 to watch the games.

If Holland and Babcock respect Gillis, Vigneault and the Canucks, which they do, that is enough for me to know what real hockey people think about the team.

anecdotal?

What, you expected a scientific study on how often they flop and embellish?

The idea that the Canucks are divers comes from me having eyes. The Sharks Nucks conference finals was a disgrace. There's plenty of evidence of embarrassing dives by several players on Vancouver, including the captain. It's not some myth being perpetrated here.

#726 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

Vancouver, as usual, put on quite a diving show.

But on a positive note Quincey looked great. I kept my eye on him and his stick seemed to always get in the way of a Vancouver shot or pass. Aside from those two penalties he looked comfortable and did all the right things. Plus, the way he moved up Kronwall-like for that goal is a good sign of things to come.

He's going to be the best 3rd pairing defenseman in the league, haha.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#727 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

Weak icing call, but at the end of the day we needed to make sure zero shots made it through in that final minute and win some defensive face offs.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#728 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

in likeliness rather than the sedins it will be booth that will be sent to the hospital by kronwall. College hockey taught this guy to skate with his head down and in front of his family and friends he probably will take more risks leaving himself even more vulnerable. I think there is a good chance Kronwall will hammer him.

http://video.nhl.com...02&event=DET563
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#729 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,052 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

I love how your every comment seeks to denigrate those who's opinions don't concur with yours. Classic case of an inferiority complex.
Wings are in the west - Wings fans quite often stay up past 10 or 11 to watch games. Of course it just has to be the media that conjures and reinforces these specious stereotypes out of thin air. Lord knows we don't have good vision or any real hockey sense to be able to make these determinations on our own.
I find it odd that a Nucks fan who doesn't care about the opinion of Wings fans would make it a point to come over to a Wings board after a Vancouver win and state that specifically. Methinks thou doth protest too much.....
Some of these attitudes strike me as eerily similar to those of Preds fans who insist there's some big rivalry between these teams when thus far there clearly isn't, at least in the minds of thousands of "delusional" Detroit fans. Maybe someday we'll have the epiphany you obviously so desperately want us to have.
That being said, in spite of some issues, Vancouver deserved the win IMO.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#730 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,245 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

If there wasnt a bad icing call, game would have been over in regulation.....

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#731 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

If there wasnt a bad icing call, game would have been over in regulation.....

That's like saying if bartman didn't interfere the Cubs would have won. You need to compose yourself after a bad call and the Wings didn't, neither did the Cubs.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#732 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

tough loss but the streak had to end sometime. great showing by the 3rd line last night. abby, helm did phenominal. cleary had some chances too but hes gotta bury those. franzen was invincible, zetterberg was meh, and bert was...well he was bert. kronwall layed out a great hit but stood back on another. hudler needs to be more accurate with his shots. and captain lids was human as always. as for jimmy, he had a great game. one of the goals scored against him wasnt his fault as it went off of kronners skate.

overall to sum up: great night by the 3rd line
jimmy was steller despite the loss
really REALLY miss datsyuk

wow this is the longest ive ever written on a GDT. im usually straight to the point and very short. but i feel i had to say it. lol

just gotta regroup, practice and have a better showing against the Avalanche on Saturday

#733 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

I hope burrows gets kron-walled if they meet in the playoffs. Show some class when you win :thumbdown: You could tell he had that celebration planned if he scored.

#734 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

tough loss but the streak had to end sometime. great showing by the 3rd line last night. abby, helm did phenominal. cleary had some chances too but hes gotta bury those. franzen was invincible, zetterberg was meh, and bert was...well he was bert. kronwall layed out a great hit but stood back on another. hudler needs to be more accurate with his shots. and captain lids was human as always. as for jimmy, he had a great game. one of the goals scored against him wasnt his fault as it went off of kronners skate.

overall to sum up: great night by the 3rd line
jimmy was steller despite the loss
really REALLY miss datsyuk

wow this is the longest ive ever written on a GDT. im usually straight to the point and very short. but i feel i had to say it. lol

just gotta regroup, practice and have a better showing against the Avalanche on Saturday

I agree with you, but surely you meant invisible?
RIP #24

#735 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

I agree with you, but surely you meant invisible?

haha yeah..thats what i meant. my bad.

anywho i havent seen it posted yet but here is the burrows incident after the shootout win. where he pretended to "snap" his stick. to indicate that he "snapped" the streak. you see it better in slow motion at :34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71iWDxcrFQ

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24, 24 February 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#736 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,549 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

haha yeah..thats what i meant. my bad.

anywho i havent seen it posted yet but here is the burrows incident after the shootout win. where he pretended to "snap" his stick. to indicate that he "snapped" the streak. you see it better in slow motion at :34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71iWDxcrFQ

Burrows is a finger-biting douchebag. Would you really expect anything less of him?

There's no great mystery as to why Vancouver and their fans get so much grief. They earn it.

#737 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

It's so pathetic that they're excited to end the streak anyway. The Wings already got the record, any more wins were just gravy. I guess when you don't win anything you get easily excited for every little thing you do win. Whatevs...

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#738 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,549 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

It's so pathetic that they're excited to end the streak anyway. The Wings already got the record, any more wins were just gravy. I guess when you don't win anything you get easily excited for every little thing you do win. Whatevs...

esteef

I thought it was only with the fans, but it's funny that the fascination on little things like that are important enough to a player to do that for his shootout celebration. I guess they're trying to rack up whatever little achievements they can after crapping the bed during their chance at the big one.

#739 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Ok guys the loss wasn't THAT bad.

-It took them to the last round of the shootout to beat the Wings. Basically a toss up.
-They could barely win even though Datsyuk was out.
-One of their goals went off of Kronwall's skate, it wasn't even a shot on net.
-The linesmen gifted them an icing call, but those things happens.
-Howard was awesome, remember the game could have been tied on that late Booth breakaway.
-The third line was awesome, and shows how deep this team will be when fully healthy.

Its not the end of the world, the streak was bound to end sometime. Luongo was also really good, he stopped a lot of good chances, and a couple in OT. Now that the pressure is off somewhat, they can go back to business as usual.
Posted Image

#740 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Winning without Dats in the lineup - We can't do it. Sorry

hey bro, we lost in a shootout. your assumption is way too confident for such a small sample size.