Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#741 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,428 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Before my very eyes, the Vancouver Sun changed this headline:

Canucks snap streak, almost equal Red Wings for first overall

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#742 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

hey bro, we lost in a shootout. your assumption is way too confident for such a small sample size.

The Wings were outplayed most of the game and the only reason they were in it is because 3 forwards stepped up. Helm, Abdelkader and Miller. The rest of the forwards were jerking their chains the whole damn game. Its sad that our 3rd line carried the team while the top6 played uninspired crap.

#743 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

I thought it was only with the fans, but it's funny that the fascination on little things like that are important enough to a player to do that for his shootout celebration. I guess they're trying to rack up whatever little achievements they can after crapping the bed during their chance at the big one.

Burrows just lacks sportsmanship. It's a shame.

#744 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

The idea that the Canucks are divers is anecdotal non-sense perpetuated by eastern media and fans who don't actually follow the Canucks. The reality is no one stays up past 10 or 11 to watch the games.

That you think you can arbitrarily declare others` opinions to be nonsense is nonsense. The reality for me is that I began last year's Stanley Cup finals rooting for the Canucks but was rapidly turned off by the constant diving of your team's star players. I and everyone else here spent ten years cheering for Shanahan, Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, and the like, and now we do the same for Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall and the like. None of the stars we've watched and loved so much ever made a habit of diving. They were all class acts in that department. To see another team's star players so obviously willing to commit egregious dives on a regular basis is therefore insulting. We expect better of star players. Three games of watching the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows flopping onto the ice like fish was enough to conclusively drive me into the Bruins` camp, and that was that.

#745 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,387 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

The idea that the Canucks are divers is anecdotal non-sense perpetuated by eastern media and fans who don't actually follow the Canucks. The reality is no one stays up past 10 or 11 to watch the games.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urIlWcdT6i4

Wanna try again?

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 24 February 2012 - 03:51 PM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#746 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

"BOOM! The Streak is over. Statement win."

"The streak is over."

"YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" SUCK A ****, DEAD WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCK ON OUR RIGHTEOUS CANUCKS DICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*** YOU *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"oh man what a hell of a game. i havent celebrated a win that much since the playoffs."

"I am so excited right now it's not even funny. I definitely celebrated hard on Burrows' goal. "

"Eat it, f***ers!"

"Many people believe it because we kick their asses. Great game and glad we got to end the Wings streak. Hate away, just means we're better than you!!!!!!!! "

Absolute worst fanbase ever for the most classless team ever

Edited by Jeff6851, 24 February 2012 - 04:10 PM.

Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#747 Seattle fan

Seattle fan

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

I think Franzen has been suckin. If he had gone down like a man last night he probably would have been able to block the Sedin shot that tied the game with 15 seconds remaining. We should have never been in overtime. He also is almost a guaranteed loss of possession whenever he touches the puck of late. Sit him down for a game or two and let some motivated youngsters show him what proper effort is.

#748 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wanna try again?

This is absolutely deeelicious! Thanks, Mike!!

Edited by Vladifan, 24 February 2012 - 04:47 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#749 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

I think Franzen has been suckin. If he had gone down like a man last night he probably would have been able to block the Sedin shot that tied the game with 15 seconds remaining. We should have never been in overtime. He also is almost a guaranteed loss of possession whenever he touches the puck of late. Sit him down for a game or two and let some motivated youngsters show him what proper effort is.

...a lot of folks are gonna flame you for this post, especially since it's you first post, BUT I give you a +1 because yesterday was the type of game that we needed Franzen to show up, and Hudler to show up amongst others...Bad call on the icing, but bear down and clear the net so Jimmy can see! Franzen did try to block the shot, but I do agree he kinda looked like a ballerina while doing so, maybe he was just in awe of Daniel....er or Henrik...or was it Daniel? Anyhow...Franzen first and foremost needed to show up last night and he didn't.

And those Nuck fans that are gloating and saying how much better they are than the Wings...Gloat away, go ahead, the streak was gonna end sooner or later, not only did you have a blown icing call in your favor (in which game would've been over without it) you also had law of averages in your favor. You should be sad that it took a 6 on 5 for you guys to tie it and a shootout to win it. That there doesn't tell me that you are better than us, just that Burrows got the better of Howard this one time and you guys can score when you have more players on the ice. I really hope these two teams meet in the playoffs, not only is it great hockey (if our "CLUTCH" players decide to show up) but it will be fun to eliminate you guys. Oh and back to breaking the streak, thank you, now the Wings can go back to playing without having this thing in the back of their heads. I am glad it was Vancouver that ended the streak, better than losing to St. Louis or Chicago or worse yet, Pittsburgh. See ya in the playoffs! What time is it? 12 past Luongo....now that is a streak I would hope is more important to you to break, your playoff choking streak.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wanna try again?

Lovely! I guess Cindy Lee Crosby isn't the biggest diver in the league! I take back all the bad things I have said about him! Sorry Sid!

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#750 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image

Punch at the end makes me lol every time xD

#751 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wanna try again?

Nice!
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#752 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Icing on the cake. A Vancouver fan suggested the Wings would consider trading Lidstrom
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#753 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

I didn't even notice the Burrows celebration at the game. I was watching Luongo fall to his knees and pretend like he won something important. The Burrows stunt was obnoxious even for a diving jackass like him. The Canucks do realize the streak was already in place right? Their win didn't suddenly stop history.

If the Red Wings get the Sharks and Canucks both in the playoffs, I can't imagine how many times the Wings will end up short-handed.

#754 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,412 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Mike, I literally laughed out loud at those clips. Thank you! Pictures are indeed worth a 1000 words.

The Nucks are lucky they got out of town before the Detroit fans took to the streets to riot over the streak ending...

Oh, wait. Red Wings fans don't do that... ;)

Edited by puckloo39, 24 February 2012 - 08:55 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#755 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

So, I'm just wondering... When is the parade?