Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#61 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

I live in Southern Ont and don't have Center Ice and I don't subscribe to Sportsnet via my Bell TV and thus cannot watch the game unless I find an online stream which usually suck. Oh well I don't anticipate them winning this one and thus I won't get the chance to smash s*** up after they piss me off again.

#62 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

A bit of an interesting subplot to the game tonight.

David Booth has played great this year since the Canucks got him from Florida. He was born in Detroit and apparently has never played a game at the Joe anytime in his career. I imagine he'll have plenty of friends and family at the game. I also imagine he's undoubtedly highly pumped to be playing a game in the NHL near where he was born.

in likeliness rather than the sedins it will be booth that will be sent to the hospital by kronwall. College hockey taught this guy to skate with his head down and in front of his family and friends he probably will take more risks leaving himself even more vulnerable. I think there is a good chance Kronwall will hammer him.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#63 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

I've come down on Monster a couple times in the past but to criticize Monster (and me by proxy) so heavily is a little unfair. He may be wrong about the timing of the GDT but he's certainly correct in saying this is a big game that's getting a lot of attention from fans (and the media). It's the two western conference powerhouses meeting for a game that could determine first place overall in the NHL - plus that whole streak thing you guys got going. It's one thing to criticize when there's a valid reason, but to criticize like you have based on a statement that is at least partially correct seems to me to be more reflective of how you feel about the Canucks and their fans rather than anything particularly shameful that Monster said.

But to the game - whenever I see the GDT's here and the "Projected Starters" and "Injury Report" banners I assume those are hot-linked to another page but that never seems to happen. Maybe that's a FireFox issue though.

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Raymond
Hansen - Hodgson - Higgins
Weise - Malhotra - Lapierre

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Rome - Tanev

Tanev is a good young defenceman and is expected to crack the top four within a year or so.

Luongo is expected to start but I don't think that's been officially announced yet. Canucks play the Devils the next night so Schneider will most certainly get at least one of those games. He has been trusted to play big games against big teams but I'd expect Luongo to get the Wings game. The wild card in this is that I'm sure both Luongo and Coach Vig would like to see Luongo go head to head against Brodeur.

Higgins missed practice yesterday.

Murphy @sportsnetmurph
#canucks Higgins blocked a shot in 3rd period (against Nashville) and needed stitches to close a cut. His finger is not broken and he expects to play in DET.

Canuck Killers:
Pavel Datsyuk - 34GP, 9G, 15A, 24Pts
Henrik Zetterberg - 33GP, 10G, 13A, 23Pts
Nicklas Lidstrom - 76GP, 13G, 42A, 55Pts

Wing Killers:
Daniel Sedin - 41GP, 14G, 24A, 38Pts
Henrik Sedin - 43GP, 8G, 30A, 38Pts
Ryan Kesler - 25GP, 7G, 12A, 19Pts

The Canucks have a decided advantage on special teams but that means nothing come game time today. The fact that their powerplay is still first in the league only speaks to how dominant it was early in the season. It has struggled for a couple months now as has the entire team with the exception of the goaltending tandem which has managed to pull out the wins. The team struggles appear to have ended recently though.

I'm expecting a potential game of the year with a playoff atmosphere. Good luck guys and girls.

It can't be potentially the game of the year if the most exciting player in the world is not on the ice.

#64 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

It can't be potentially the game of the year if the most exciting player in the world is not on the ice.

But Crosby doesn't even play for those teams! :hehe:

#65 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

But Crosby doesn't even play for those teams! :hehe:

Lol boo

#66 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Lol boo

Sorry I couldn't resist

#67 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

watching the babcock interview from this morning, and he mentioned nick will play with either white or kronwall, and Q will play with big E. so where is stuart? Has there been any talk of him being scratched tonight?
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#68 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

watching the babcock interview from this morning, and he mentioned nick will play with either white or kronwall, and Q will play with big E. so where is stuart? Has there been any talk of him being scratched tonight?

I hesitate to say it but...healthy scratch for an upcoming trade? :ph34r:

#69 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

I would assume that Stuart is playing with either White or Kronwall, which ever is not playing with Lids.

#70 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

I would assume that Stuart is playing with either White or Kronwall, which ever is not playing with Lids.

but im just confused as why they would switch up that line, and still havent heard who is scratched between kindl and commie.

hopefully im just dead wrong and stuey isnt scratched cuz i dont want him to leave yet
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#71 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

but im just confused as why they would switch up that line, and still havent heard who is scratched between kindl and commie.

hopefully im just dead wrong and stuey isnt scratched cuz i dont want him to leave yet

I doubt they would scratch Stuart unless he's injured or somethings wrong and he can't give it 100% tonight.

#72 sigTir

sigTir

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

I wish you guys a good game, although I think we're going to beat the Red Wings.

As far as Canucks fans go, we respect your team the most so I'm kind of confused as to why Canucks fans are so hated in this thread.

#73 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

Guys Babcock was referring to the powerplay units when he was talking about who Nick is going to play with. He said he has not decided if White will stay with Nick on the top Powerplay unit or if Kronners will take White's place. SO Babs said that the defense units for the powerplay units will either be:

Lidstrom- White Quincy- Kronwall
Lidstrom- Kronwall Quincy- White

Even strength everything remains the same. Hope that clears it up.

#74 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,894 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Luongo ain't s***

He will be tonight.

Or at least we'll make him look like it.

Speaking of unpalatable things that make one queasy and disgusted, I hope our good Nucks fans (hi, Gary) ignore Leonard. He does it for attention.

Wings 3: Kronner, Q, and Drew
Nuck, Nuck. Who's there? No one!: 0

Go Wings!

#75 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

I wish you guys a good game, although I think we're going to beat the Red Wings.

As far as Canucks fans go, we respect your team the most so I'm kind of confused as to why Canucks fans are so hated in this thread.

And I think the Wings are going to beat the Nucks, so there! :P

Vancouver fans in general are not hated - there was a little teeny bit of trolling going on a couple of days ago, so people are being just a little sensitive. All respectful fans are welcome here. Trolls, including the Red Wing kind, are not. Welcome!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#76 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Wings win on Bertuzzi bobble head night. GO WINGS
IPB Image

#77 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Just want the 2 points

go wings

#78 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Posted Image

#79 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

I tend to agree with 24% of players who think Canucks is most overrated team in the league. Today's game or rather meaning of this game to standing, winning the conference, etc. is also overrated.

That said, Wings win this one anyway.

GO WINGS!!

Edited by ami, 23 February 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#80 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

Jack Bauer would figure out away to get Datsyuk healthy intime and figure out if there is a conspiracy in the NHL lol