Photo
- - - - -

Red Wings still looking for another defensemen?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

didnt think they still were after getting quincey but i just read this .....

The Maple Leafs abundance of defencemen makes the team popular with clubs looking for blueline help. According to Dreger, Jake Gardiner is unavailable, and the only way that Luke Schenn would be moved is if the Leafs were made an offer they couldn't refuse. Carl Gunnarsson, Cody Franson and Keith Aulie are also generating interest.

Chicago, Detroit, New Jersey, Edmonton and Winnipeg are among the teams still searching for defencemen.

dont know if it'll happen but i trust darren dreger .... wont happen but it would be so big if we got luke schenn here , hes so young and physical ( dont even know why his name keeps getting put out there by the toronto media )

#2 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

The Maple Leafs abundance of defencemen makes the team popular with clubs looking for blueline help. According to Dreger, Jake Gardiner is unavailable, and the only way that Luke Schenn would be moved is if the Leafs were made an offer they couldn't refuse. Carl Gunnarsson, Cody Franson and Keith Aulie are also generating interest.

Chicago, Detroit, New Jersey, Edmonton and Winnipeg are among the teams still searching for defencemen.

dont know if it'll happen but i trust darren dreger .... wont happen but it would be so big if we got luke schenn here , hes so young and physical ( dont even know why his name keeps getting put out there by the toronto media )

I'd say Dreger wrote this before the Quincy deal.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#3 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

I'd say Dreger wrote this before the Quincy deal.

was released today on tsn.ca

#4 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

Perhaps Stewie IS going??
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#5 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, I saw that. Doesn't mean that the source of the rumor didn't come before the trade, and was left unrevised.

I'd be shocked if Holland was looking to add another defensemen. Seems more likely that this is old news suffering from an ill-timed release.

Edited by rick zombo, 22 February 2012 - 01:39 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#6 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

It was nevertheless most likely written before the Quincey deal.

#7 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

"Note: Wings GM Ken Holland told our Helene St. James on Wednesday the team is done on defense after acquiring Kyle Quincey."

http://www.freep.com...5/1053/sports05
Posted Image

#8 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

The rest of the article says Babcock told Helen St. James that he was done on defense. Way to leave that part out...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#9 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Man, who the hell knows what he is going to do now... Nothing he is doing is making any sense to me, and I have always been a huge proponent of Holland. I trust him 100%, but this month is a complete mystery to me.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#10 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Man, who the hell knows what he is going to do now... Nothing he is doing is making any sense to me, and I have always been a huge proponent of Holland. I trust him 100%, but this month is a complete mystery to me.

I dont think holland has it all figured out yet either. Too many variables this offseason. If lids is still on the fence and possible retirements from homer he has to be careful he doesnt lose too many players all at once. I think thats y bert was signed. Hudler could be gone who knows. Eaves' future is up in the air as well. Not to mention there are 29 other gmsf****** up plans all over the place.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#11 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

I think the wings know spmethong we dont. Its possible Kenny is preparing for stuarts departure this summer. Or he could be stock piling d for a move in the summer. U don't make the playoffs 20 plus seasons for not knowing what your doing. Have faith

#12 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

Kenny said he is done with defense and goaltender so I would say that no more trades on D
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#13 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

No offense,but everything's making sense if you ask me.

find reliable backup goalie...checked

waive Conks to help the Griffins...checked

add good blue liner...checked

acquire the Avs player for the wanted price...checked

upset Adrian Dater...checked :ph34r:

keep good relationship with Stevie...checked

sign Bert for reasonable price...checked

#14 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,519 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

Karlsson?

#15 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

Karlsson?

that would require zetterberg or datsyuk going the other way. he is the future of the sens blue line. ppg pace. the kid has game.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#16 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Would f*$king love Luke Schenn on this team, imo in the right system he could be a top pairing in a few years.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#17 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

No offense,but everything's making sense if you ask me.

find reliable backup goalie...checked

waive Conks to help the Griffins...checked

add good blue liner...checked

acquire the Avs player for the wanted price...checked

upset Adrian Dater...checked :ph34r:

keep good relationship with Stevie...checked

sign Bert for reasonable price...checked

He's use to playing NHL 12 where Hudler and a first gets you Crosby.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#18 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

i just heard right now pierre mcguire on the radio and he said the redwings are still looking to add another defensemen even after getting quincey and theyd also like to add a scoring forward

#19 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

i just heard right now pierre mcguire on the radio and he said the redwings are still looking to add another defensemen even after getting quincey and theyd also like to add a scoring forward

Well that's you're problem right there. You're listening to Pierre McGuire.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#20 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Pierre Mcguire is a ****** canoe.