• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Red Wings still looking for another defensemen?

Rate this topic

didnt think they still were after getting quincey but i just read this .....

The Maple Leafs abundance of defencemen makes the team popular with clubs looking for blueline help. According to Dreger, Jake Gardiner is unavailable, and the only way that Luke Schenn would be moved is if the Leafs were made an offer they couldn't refuse. Carl Gunnarsson, Cody Franson and Keith Aulie are also generating interest.

Chicago, Detroit, New Jersey, Edmonton and Winnipeg are among the teams still searching for defencemen.

dont know if it'll happen but i trust darren dreger .... wont happen but it would be so big if we got luke schenn here , hes so young and physical ( dont even know why his name keeps getting put out there by the toronto media )

The Maple Leafs abundance of defencemen makes the team popular with clubs looking for blueline help. According to Dreger, Jake Gardiner is unavailable, and the only way that Luke Schenn would be moved is if the Leafs were made an offer they couldn't refuse. Carl Gunnarsson, Cody Franson and Keith Aulie are also generating interest.

Chicago, Detroit, New Jersey, Edmonton and Winnipeg are among the teams still searching for defencemen.

dont know if it'll happen but i trust darren dreger .... wont happen but it would be so big if we got luke schenn here , hes so young and physical ( dont even know why his name keeps getting put out there by the toronto media )

I'd say Dreger wrote this before the Quincy deal.

was released today on tsn.ca

Yeah, I saw that. Doesn't mean that the source of the rumor didn't come before the trade, and was left unrevised.

I'd be shocked if Holland was looking to add another defensemen. Seems more likely that this is old news suffering from an ill-timed release.

Edited by rick zombo

Guest Crymson

was released today on tsn.ca

It was nevertheless most likely written before the Quincey deal.

The rest of the article says Babcock told Helen St. James that he was done on defense. Way to leave that part out...

Man, who the hell knows what he is going to do now... Nothing he is doing is making any sense to me, and I have always been a huge proponent of Holland. I trust him 100%, but this month is a complete mystery to me.

I dont think holland has it all figured out yet either. Too many variables this offseason. If lids is still on the fence and possible retirements from homer he has to be careful he doesnt lose too many players all at once. I think thats y bert was signed. Hudler could be gone who knows. Eaves' future is up in the air as well. Not to mention there are 29 other gms ******* up plans all over the place.

Man, who the hell knows what he is going to do now... Nothing he is doing is making any sense to me, and I have always been a huge proponent of Holland. I trust him 100%, but this month is a complete mystery to me.

No offense,but everything's making sense if you ask me.

find reliable backup goalie...checked

waive Conks to help the Griffins...checked

add good blue liner...checked

acquire the Avs player for the wanted price...checked

upset Adrian Dater...checked :ph34r:

keep good relationship with Stevie...checked

sign Bert for reasonable price...checked

No offense,but everything's making sense if you ask me.

find reliable backup goalie...checked

waive Conks to help the Griffins...checked

add good blue liner...checked

acquire the Avs player for the wanted price...checked

upset Adrian Dater...checked :ph34r:

keep good relationship with Stevie...checked

sign Bert for reasonable price...checked

He's use to playing NHL 12 where Hudler and a first gets you Crosby.

i just heard right now pierre mcguire on the radio and he said the redwings are still looking to add another defensemen even after getting quincey and theyd also like to add a scoring forward

Well that's you're problem right there. You're listening to Pierre McGuire.

"When Ottawa Senators commentator Denis Potvin suggested Detroit director of pro scouting Mark Howe and Florida Panthers scout Peter Mahovlich were in attendance for Monday's Sens-Islanders game to eye Isles hulking 6-foot-4, 253-pound defenceman Milan Jurcina, Howe and Mahovlich broke into wry grins while refusing to verbally acknowledge Povin's suggestion. Potvin later was informed that Isles defenceman Mark Eaton has asked for a trade and likely is in play too.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/20/kings-can-deal-bernier-for-offence

hulking, 6-foot-4, 253-pound defenceman: