• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

Somethings brewin'?

Rate this topic

^ Lost Defense isn't worth the gained offense there. We need Stuart for a cup run. I'd love Selanne though.

Also, signing Bertuzzi seems like the opposite move he'd do if he was trading for a top 6 forward. I certainly don't see a correlation. But I hope you're right anyway (to OP).

As much as I agree with you, I think Quincey was more of a replacement move than an upgrade move. I hope you're right though.

selling the farm would be giving up smith, nyquist or tatar. kindl is expendable and stuart is going back to california regardless after this season. selanne automatically makes the wings cup favorites, especially with like i said, quincey back and smith ready to step up anytime.

This. Might as well get something for Stuart than just simply lose him for nothing.

Am i missing something? I know the Wings were interested in gettin Quincey back, but as of now they don't have him do they?

I think the Wings should offer Franzen in a package for a Nash. Nash hustles more and HITS THE NET! For all those who minus this cause Franzen's currently leading the team with 23 goals i think, if he would hit the net with even 20% of his shots he'd be at about 35 right now.

And I thought I was the only that notices that he misses the net every time he shoots.

As much as I agree with you, I think Quincey was more of a replacement move than an upgrade move. I hope you're right though.

This. Might as well get something for Stuart than just simply lose him for nothing.

They can probably get a late round pick for him after the season. While he is likely to go back to California, one of those teams may be willing to deal a low pick to avoid a bidding war.

And I thought I was the only that notices that he misses the net every time he shoots.

i notice a few key traits about players...

franzen can't hit the net and lacks hustle often.

cleary falls a lot and gives the puck away constantly.

kindl is weak at turning when he picks the puck up in the corner and freezes often, leading to giveaways.

datsyuk is the s***.

joey mac is great at everything but playing the puck. god he's awful at playing the puck...

miller is very, very soft. my dad refers to him as marshmiller cause he's soft like marshmallow. and he needs to put wood on the puck when pk'ing to get it ALL the way down the ice.

Z needs a back massage.

Flip needs to shoot more...like his goal against the hawks...good shot.

hudler needs more speed, but he's been really good this year.

tuzzi needs to stick to how he's playing and not return to behind the back passes.

homer is 1 dimensional and the worst skater in the NHL.

helm needs to work on dangling with datsyuk.

so...on topic, i would really like to know how much it would take to get Iggy in a Winged Wheel.

Living where I do and living with a BJ fan, I take issue with Rick Nash's hustle. He's constantly lackadaisically skating around unless of course there's a scoring chance and then he turns on the jets. Otherwise, it's floating in circles around the ice and an apparent allergy to backchecking.

To me, this is what comes to mind when Nash is mentioned. It certainly isn't hustle.

Let's sum this up here:

-We have 6 grinding forwards (miller, abdelkader, helm, holmstrom, emmerton/mursak/, cleary)

-Moen? Gaustad? we already have 6 of those guys......

-5 playmakers (zetterberg, datsyuk, filppula, hudler, bertuzzi)

-1 sniper (Franzen - who, like was said, misses the net a lot because he tries to go top shelf with every shot)

I SAY: we neeed a sniper.

Selanne fits the bill. Unfortunately, Anaheim is only 6 pts from 8th spot and think that they can still make it. They're going to have to decide this week.

I like it. My only concern (and it is a small one) is that I would like insurance that a 41 year old won't run out of gas for us in a long playoff run.

I refuse to get my hopes up, only because this seems to happen every year. I love kenny and trust him. The Quincey move was a solid one, and has only made our team better. This team right now is good enough to win the cup. I wouldn't really mind seeing a big name player come in, but at what cost? To me, its not worth messing with the chemistry that this team has for a one year rental sniper. This team can win the cup as is, and the chemistry is great.

I would love to have Nash, but BJs aren't gonna trade him to a central division rival, so that leaves the Wings, Hawks, Preds, and Blues out of the running. He'll probably end up in San Jose, LA, or New York.

When I started the thread I was thinking someone midrange....but now I feel like we may be making a run at someone like Selanne, Carter, Nash, Ryan or Suter.I just have a feeling. Not sure what I would want to see coming back this way but just a hunch. At times we have dried up offensively this year...one of these big boys and WOW.....all the way! Anyways glad most of you are thing their is some potential for a significant move....I would really love to spend some of that extra cap money, stick it to SJ and win another cup!

Read an article suggesting Steve Ott could be on his way out of Dallas. Would that make some noise around here if Ken acquired him.

I've seen/heard this too. About a week ago I heard from a friend (one of those terrible "my friend knows someone who knows someone" stories, so I didn't care to mention it) that Ott gave a list of teams to Dallas, all close to Windsor. I think it was Detroit, Toronto, Buffalo, etc. and oddly enough, Edmonton. I think he'd be an interesting addition to the 3rd line and give a boost to the PK.

I've seen/heard this too. About a week ago I heard from a friend (one of those terrible "my friend knows someone who knows someone" stories, so I didn't care to mention it) that Ott gave a list of teams to Dallas, all close to Windsor. I think it was Detroit, Toronto, Buffalo, etc. and oddly enough, Edmonton. I think he'd be an interesting addition to the 3rd line and give a boost to the PK.

He's still relatively young (Turns 30 in August). 27 points in 54 games. Knows how to walk the line. I'd welcome him here. He's hungry for a Cup. Additionally, we could likely keep him around a while, unlike older guys like Sammy Pahlsson.

There is NO WAY I would want Steve "The Turtle'" Ott wearing a Wings jersey. No thank you. I don't care what intangibles he brings or how hungry he is for a Cup, I would never accept it. Dallas Drake was one thing, but he was an original Detroit draft pick and spent a lot of time in Northern Michigan, and Detroit was also the BIGGEST bunch of ******* I had ever seen on a North American hockey rink the season before, so it was easier for me accept him. But Ott is a piece excrement!

No thanks on Ott, 115 PIM in 54 games, and our penalty kill is terrible. Compare that to Bert (who constantly gets accused of taking s***ty penalties) at 54 PIM in 54 games, or Ericsson (same deal) at 47 PIM in 61 games, or Abby (same deal) at 47 PIM in 61 games...or...nevermind, you get the picture.

Ribeiro or Nystrom on the other hand? Yes, please.

Edited by kipwinger

No thanks on Ott, 115 PIM in 54 games, and our penalty kill is terrible. Compare that to Bert (who constantly gets accused of taking s***ty penalties) at 54 PIM in 54 games, or Ericsson (same deal) at 47 PIM in 61 games, or Abby (same deal) at 47 PIM in 61 games...or...nevermind, you get the picture.

Ribeiro or Nystrom on the other hand? Yes, please.

Riberio is a bigger piece of thrash than Ott. Ott's pims are skewed a bit, half of his pims he is taking a guy to the box with him so it kinda cancels out a bit. Nonetheless, Ott does take quite a few dumb pims and that is concerning. I would like Nystrom the most out of those 3 however..

Riberio is a bigger piece of thrash than Ott. Ott's pims are skewed a bit, half of his pims he is taking a guy to the box with him so it kinda cancels out a bit. Nonetheless, Ott does take quite a few dumb pims and that is concerning. I would like Nystrom the most out of those 3 however..

Ott only has 5 fighting majors this year, same as Abby. So I don't know how many offsetting penalties he really gets. Nystrom would fit the best considering we'd like a winger, but Ribeiro has always been hard on the wings, and he produces. If I could get his point production for a second rounder I'd be thrilled, plus he's only topped 50 PIM once in his career.

Note: Just checked it out, Ribeiro is under contract for another year at 5 mil...so nevermind.

Edited by kipwinger