• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

Somethings brewin'?

Rate this topic

Has anyone heard anything lately about Iginla? His name doesn't seem to come up so much, now that Nash has taken center stage.

Not saying the Wings should trade for him, for fear of who would go to Calgary. But it would be neat to see a right handed shot like his on a line with Datsyuk.

i have a feeling that holland is going to work on getting a sniper, but just no one we know of.

think first/second tier type, low place team.

parenteau

pominville

gagner

chimera

semin

grabovski

vanek

goal.gifgoal.gif

Has anyone heard anything lately about Iginla? His name doesn't seem to come up so much, now that Nash has taken center stage.

Not saying the Wings should trade for him, for fear of who would go to Calgary. But it would be neat to see a right handed shot like his on a line with Datsyuk.

When they are battling for the 8th playoff spot with 3 other teams, I doubt they will give him up. Flames GM made it clear he was making a push this year.

i have a feeling that holland is going to work on getting a sniper, but just no one we know of.

think first/second tier type, low place team.

parenteau

pominville

gagner

chimera

semin

grabovski

vanek

Pominville would be outstanding. Is he in play or are you speculating?

Vanek would be unreal and with that addition we would win the cup this year. But we are not getting a top 6 . We will get a fourth liner **depth guy** mr holland likes talking about . And I'm not sure it's gonna be enough.

Bob Duff has quoted Babcock as saying, we are only looking for depth.

Which means if the only reason you will pay attention to the deadline is the Wings... You would be happier if you didn't watch.

Heard today that Detroit is in talks with Buffalo involving Pominville, Roy, and/or Stafford. Nothing imminent.

Where did you hear this?

Heard today that Detroit is in talks with Buffalo involving Pominville, Roy, and/or Stafford. Nothing imminent.

Hey Tim...

I would figure a top six right handed winger (with size) is one priority of the wings, a right handed dmen who could be used on the 1st or 2nd pp unit would be another. A good penalty killing winger with size would be nice) is also of interest.

Both Pominville and Stafford are right handed shots. I now Dman usually play on the point on the power play but are ether capable of doing such?

Buffalo were interested in Sheehan at the draft and where choked when he was picked before them. I'm curious if he might be part of a package?

Of all these players you mentioned, who would be most helpful in your opinion and who is more likely? Thanks bro.

Edited by Probie

It wouldn't suprise me either way. I don't really expect to see the Wings do anything else but you never know. I really can't see them going after anything big right now. I think they'd rather see what Liddy is going to do and hit the UFA Market in July seeing as there seems to be a lot of big names up for grabs this off-season. Whether they do or don't I don't think I'd be shocked unless is was something big. Whatever they feel is best for the team I'm behind the Wings 100%!! Go Red Wings!!

Ott or Gaustad would be good. The Wings could use a gritty fourth line center. While Abby can play that position, he has been better on the wing and either would be an upgrade over Emmerton.

Dude, Matt Hussey would be an upgrade over Emmerton.