• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Stuart and Kindl (and most likely a pick) to Anaheim, Selanne to Detroit. I think Stuart has decided to go back.

I don't think we'd have to give up that much to get Selanne. He wants to go to a winner, he's in what it is probably his last season. No team is going to sell the farm for four months without a chance of retaining the player at years end. Unless Pierre Lacroix is back in town.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#22 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Stuart and Kindl (and most likely a pick) to Anaheim, Selanne to Detroit. I think Stuart has decided to go back.

as much as i would like to see Stuart for a lenghty playoff run, we have Quincey back and have Smith who is NHL ready so i'm thinking that this would be a pretty ok trade where both teams benefit. Selanne would open so much potential in the top 6...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#23 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

what? is this just you saying that or what?

Yup, just speculation.
I'm offended that you're offended.

#24 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Lost Defense isn't worth the gained offense there. We need Stuart for a cup run. I'd love Selanne though.

Also, signing Bertuzzi seems like the opposite move he'd do if he was trading for a top 6 forward. I certainly don't see a correlation. But I hope you're right anyway (to OP).

Edited by Z and D for the C, 22 February 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

I don't think we'd have to give up that much to get Selanne. He wants to go to a winner, he's in what it is probably his last season. No team is going to sell the farm for four months without a chance of retaining the player at years end. Unless Pierre Lacroix is back in town.

selling the farm would be giving up smith, nyquist or tatar. kindl is expendable and stuart is going back to california regardless after this season. selanne automatically makes the wings cup favorites, especially with like i said, quincey back and smith ready to step up anytime.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#26 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

^ Lost Defense isn't worth the gained offense there. We need Stuart for a cup run. I'd love Selanne though.

Also, signing Bertuzzi seems like the opposite move he'd do if he was trading for a top 6 forward. I certainly don't see a correlation. But I hope you're right anyway (to OP).

As much as I agree with you, I think Quincey was more of a replacement move than an upgrade move. I hope you're right though.

selling the farm would be giving up smith, nyquist or tatar. kindl is expendable and stuart is going back to california regardless after this season. selanne automatically makes the wings cup favorites, especially with like i said, quincey back and smith ready to step up anytime.

This. Might as well get something for Stuart than just simply lose him for nothing.
I'm offended that you're offended.

#27 Blueliner

Blueliner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Am i missing something? I know the Wings were interested in gettin Quincey back, but as of now they don't have him do they?

I think the Wings should offer Franzen in a package for a Nash. Nash hustles more and HITS THE NET! For all those who minus this cause Franzen's currently leading the team with 23 goals i think, if he would hit the net with even 20% of his shots he'd be at about 35 right now.

And I thought I was the only that notices that he misses the net every time he shoots.

#28 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

As much as I agree with you, I think Quincey was more of a replacement move than an upgrade move. I hope you're right though.

This. Might as well get something for Stuart than just simply lose him for nothing.

They can probably get a late round pick for him after the season. While he is likely to go back to California, one of those teams may be willing to deal a low pick to avoid a bidding war.

#29 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

And I thought I was the only that notices that he misses the net every time he shoots.

i notice a few key traits about players...

franzen can't hit the net and lacks hustle often.
cleary falls a lot and gives the puck away constantly.
kindl is weak at turning when he picks the puck up in the corner and freezes often, leading to giveaways.
datsyuk is the s***.
joey mac is great at everything but playing the puck. god he's awful at playing the puck...
miller is very, very soft. my dad refers to him as marshmiller cause he's soft like marshmallow. and he needs to put wood on the puck when pk'ing to get it ALL the way down the ice.
Z needs a back massage.
Flip needs to shoot more...like his goal against the hawks...good shot.
hudler needs more speed, but he's been really good this year.
tuzzi needs to stick to how he's playing and not return to behind the back passes.
homer is 1 dimensional and the worst skater in the NHL.
helm needs to work on dangling with datsyuk.

so...on topic, i would really like to know how much it would take to get Iggy in a Winged Wheel.

#30 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Maybe another trade for a forward, but nothing crazy IMO.

As a team that is currently at the top of the NHL standings, I would hope that they wouldn't make sweeping changes.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#31 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Well, so does Hossa, Kane, Selanne, Perry, Giroux, Jagr, St. Louis, Iginla...should I continue? Oh yeah, and the guy some of you want to package Franzen for.

#32 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Living where I do and living with a BJ fan, I take issue with Rick Nash's hustle. He's constantly lackadaisically skating around unless of course there's a scoring chance and then he turns on the jets. Otherwise, it's floating in circles around the ice and an apparent allergy to backchecking.

To me, this is what comes to mind when Nash is mentioned. It certainly isn't hustle.

#33 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

Well, so does Hossa, Kane, Selanne, Perry, Giroux, Jagr, St. Louis, Iginla...should I continue? Oh yeah, and the guy some of you want to package Franzen for.

there's a substantial difference between missing the net half the time and missing the net about 85% of the time.

#34 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

As a team that is currently at the top of the NHL standings, I would hope that they wouldn't make sweeping changes.

Agreed. That's all I was saying. But from the talk in this thread you'd think Holland was getting ready to clone and re-activate the KLM line or something.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#35 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

Let's sum this up here:

-We have 6 grinding forwards (miller, abdelkader, helm, holmstrom, emmerton/mursak/, cleary)
-Moen? Gaustad? we already have 6 of those guys......

-5 playmakers (zetterberg, datsyuk, filppula, hudler, bertuzzi)

-1 sniper (Franzen - who, like was said, misses the net a lot because he tries to go top shelf with every shot)

I SAY: we neeed a sniper.

#36 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

My sources tell me Holland is close to acquiring an important center from the Pens. Link below.

Red Wings Rumors
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#37 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

My sources tell me Holland is close to acquiring an important center from the Pens. Link below.

Red Wings Rumors

Get outta here.

We would have to offer up the 2008 Cup.......

......and that would be to just get them talking!

#38 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

I SAY: we neeed a sniper.

Selanne fits the bill. Unfortunately, Anaheim is only 6 pts from 8th spot and think that they can still make it. They're going to have to decide this week.

Edited by RedWingsRox, 22 February 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#39 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

Selanne fits the bill. Unfortunately, Anaheim is only 6 pts from 8th spot and think that they can still make it. They're going to have to decide this week.

I like it. My only concern (and it is a small one) is that I would like insurance that a 41 year old won't run out of gas for us in a long playoff run.

#40 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

I refuse to get my hopes up, only because this seems to happen every year. I love kenny and trust him. The Quincey move was a solid one, and has only made our team better. This team right now is good enough to win the cup. I wouldn't really mind seeing a big name player come in, but at what cost? To me, its not worth messing with the chemistry that this team has for a one year rental sniper. This team can win the cup as is, and the chemistry is great.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5