• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

I would love to have Nash, but BJs aren't gonna trade him to a central division rival, so that leaves the Wings, Hawks, Preds, and Blues out of the running. He'll probably end up in San Jose, LA, or New York.

#42 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Selanne said he wants to stay if there's a chance of the Ducks making the playoffs.

#43 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

When I started the thread I was thinking someone midrange....but now I feel like we may be making a run at someone like Selanne, Carter, Nash, Ryan or Suter.I just have a feeling. Not sure what I would want to see coming back this way but just a hunch. At times we have dried up offensively this year...one of these big boys and WOW.....all the way! Anyways glad most of you are thing their is some potential for a significant move....I would really love to spend some of that extra cap money, stick it to SJ and win another cup!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#44 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

Read an article suggesting Steve Ott could be on his way out of Dallas. Would that make some noise around here if Ken acquired him.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#45 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Read an article suggesting Steve Ott could be on his way out of Dallas. Would that make some noise around here if Ken acquired him.

I've seen/heard this too. About a week ago I heard from a friend (one of those terrible "my friend knows someone who knows someone" stories, so I didn't care to mention it) that Ott gave a list of teams to Dallas, all close to Windsor. I think it was Detroit, Toronto, Buffalo, etc. and oddly enough, Edmonton. I think he'd be an interesting addition to the 3rd line and give a boost to the PK.

#46 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

I've seen/heard this too. About a week ago I heard from a friend (one of those terrible "my friend knows someone who knows someone" stories, so I didn't care to mention it) that Ott gave a list of teams to Dallas, all close to Windsor. I think it was Detroit, Toronto, Buffalo, etc. and oddly enough, Edmonton. I think he'd be an interesting addition to the 3rd line and give a boost to the PK.

He's still relatively young (Turns 30 in August). 27 points in 54 games. Knows how to walk the line. I'd welcome him here. He's hungry for a Cup. Additionally, we could likely keep him around a while, unlike older guys like Sammy Pahlsson.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#47 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

There is NO WAY I would want Steve "The Turtle'" Ott wearing a Wings jersey. No thank you. I don't care what intangibles he brings or how hungry he is for a Cup, I would never accept it. Dallas Drake was one thing, but he was an original Detroit draft pick and spent a lot of time in Northern Michigan, and Detroit was also the BIGGEST bunch of ******* I had ever seen on a North American hockey rink the season before, so it was easier for me accept him. But Ott is a piece excrement!

#48 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

No thanks on Ott, 115 PIM in 54 games, and our penalty kill is terrible. Compare that to Bert (who constantly gets accused of taking s***ty penalties) at 54 PIM in 54 games, or Ericsson (same deal) at 47 PIM in 61 games, or Abby (same deal) at 47 PIM in 61 games...or...nevermind, you get the picture.

Ribeiro or Nystrom on the other hand? Yes, please.

Edited by kipwinger, 22 February 2012 - 09:45 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#49 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

No thanks on Ott, 115 PIM in 54 games, and our penalty kill is terrible. Compare that to Bert (who constantly gets accused of taking s***ty penalties) at 54 PIM in 54 games, or Ericsson (same deal) at 47 PIM in 61 games, or Abby (same deal) at 47 PIM in 61 games...or...nevermind, you get the picture.

Ribeiro or Nystrom on the other hand? Yes, please.

Riberio is a bigger piece of thrash than Ott. Ott's pims are skewed a bit, half of his pims he is taking a guy to the box with him so it kinda cancels out a bit. Nonetheless, Ott does take quite a few dumb pims and that is concerning. I would like Nystrom the most out of those 3 however..
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#50 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Riberio is a bigger piece of thrash than Ott. Ott's pims are skewed a bit, half of his pims he is taking a guy to the box with him so it kinda cancels out a bit. Nonetheless, Ott does take quite a few dumb pims and that is concerning. I would like Nystrom the most out of those 3 however..

Ott only has 5 fighting majors this year, same as Abby. So I don't know how many offsetting penalties he really gets. Nystrom would fit the best considering we'd like a winger, but Ribeiro has always been hard on the wings, and he produces. If I could get his point production for a second rounder I'd be thrilled, plus he's only topped 50 PIM once in his career.

Note: Just checked it out, Ribeiro is under contract for another year at 5 mil...so nevermind.

Edited by kipwinger, 22 February 2012 - 10:04 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#51 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

I would absolutely hate to get ott.

as far as selanne goes, I don't think it would be worth trading anything for him as prices would be too high IMO. but if he does decide on another season and wants to win a cup before he retires, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him for a year next off season. that I would be all for.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#52 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

And I thought I was the only that notices that he misses the net every time he shoots.

You guys say that as if he is missing a huge gaping net; He is sniping the 2 hole or the 3 hole and sometimes he misses inside and hits the goalie in the shoulder (to which we have to listen to "Great Save, Loungo!") other times he misses wide which of course means he misses the net completely. It's not like he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

#53 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

“I think it’s truly amazing,” Dallas forward and former Windsor Spitfire Steve Ott said. “Anytime a record’s broken, or tied, or even in the same characteristic of any other record, it’s special.”

Read more: http://www.windsorst...l#ixzz1nAd6PQBL

Posted Image

#54 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Quincy is to add insurance so we're not starting completely from scratch if we lose Lids and Suart this summer.

Numerous articles have mentioned Stuart is leaning toward heading west.

Edit: FWIW
• Sports Illustrated: ...according to people with knowledge of the team's future plans (if the following guys are on the open market July 1), Plan A this summer will be to sign Zach Parise as a free agent. Plan B is sign Ryan Suter. Maybe both plans will come to fruition. Be afraid of the Detroit Red Wings."

Edited by T.Low, 22 February 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#55 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

i know Steve Ott has a particular job in this game, and he does it well. Does Detroit need a player that does that particular job? I am not sure. But excuse me while I throw up in my mouth, as I watch the beautiful, radiant red jersey, with the winged wheel perfectly sewn on the front, and the name OTT on the back! :puke: haha, could you imagine?
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#56 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

just a minor add up front for now i feel. the big moves will be in the off season.
how could kenny ask Stuy to go in a trade to cali area when he has a chance of winning
another cup where he is? would be a big ask and a big decision for Stuy.
your looking at dealing with LA or the Ducks cause the Sharks aint gunna be a trade
partner with the Wings. So what would you package up with Stuy and what would you want
coming back this way?
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#57 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

I think the use of our 1st rounder on Quincy puts us out of the running for a "big" trade a la Selanne/Iginla/Nash/Carter etc. I do still expect us to try and add a bottom 6 forward with some size and toughness using our deep pool of middling prospects.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#58 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

I hope we get a forward with grit that can chip in offensively, but what Holland will do is anyone's guess.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#59 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Let's sum this up here:

-We have 6 grinding forwards (miller, abdelkader, helm, holmstrom, emmerton/mursak/, cleary)
-Moen? Gaustad? we already have 6 of those guys......

-5 playmakers (zetterberg, datsyuk, filppula, hudler, bertuzzi)

-1 sniper (Franzen - who, like was said, misses the net a lot because he tries to go top shelf with every shot)

I SAY: we neeed a sniper.

very nice team breakdown, and that's why i keep saying that we need to get someone like Iginla or Selanne. mix it up A LOT! and break s*** open for the playmaker.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#60 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

I have gotten that same feeling in the past 24 hours with the moves going on with the wings. It just feels like the Quincey trade was a precursor to something else. Maybe I'm just being hopeful that something more is going on but Kenny always seems to make deals that no one is expecting. Even though the Wings have been playing really well and have good chemistry the only thing that matters is getting it done in the post season. We can't afford to lose to the Sharks again this year! I'm sure Kenny has a plan and I do think there will be another move by the deadline.

In a related note my close friend works for the Maple Leafs and I'm not sure where he is getting his info from but he claims the Red Wings have submitted some sort of offer for Grabovski. Have no idea where he heard this and it shouldn't be taken to seriously but just thought that was interesting.

That's the scoring foward our team needs. Throw him on a line dats or Hank. Could be nice.