• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

Somethings brewin'?

Rate this topic

I wouldn't be fast to dismiss trading Stuart. If you watched the game tonight Stuart wasn't on the ice with Kronwall every shift. More than a couple shifts I saw Quincey out there with White and Kronwall with Lidstrom. Just saying...

Edit: To my knowledge not all of them were PP or PK shifts, though I suppose I could be wrong.

Edited by jthiel86

How do you guys feel about Mikhail Grabovski and do you think it's possible? I'll admit I have never paid that much attention to him, but I just watched a video of every goal he scored last season and was impressed with how often he scores on his shot. I'd really like a shooter. Your thoughts?

Apparently Grabber and Pav are good friends off the ice and the offer Holland gave Burke was almost entirely contingent on Burkes ability to land Nash. If the Leafs can swing a deal for Rick Nash maybe they unload Grabovski to free up cap room and get something for him to avoid him walking as a UFA. Apparently hes asking for 5mill a year next year - and the leafs think thats too much.

Apparently Grabber and Pav are good friends off the ice and the offer Holland gave Burke was almost entirely contingent on Burkes ability to land Nash. If the Leafs can swing a deal for Rick Nash maybe they unload Grabovski to free up cap room and get something for him to avoid him walking as a UFA. Apparently hes asking for 5mill a year next year - and the leafs think thats too much.

5 Mill is too much for Grabovski at this point but high 3's or 4 isn't too shabby for this young man entering his prime. He is kind of like Flippula in way, but a few less points for defence and a few more for offence. He's an awesome playmaker with great speed and an underused shot, I think he'd be great on any line we have and would gel into our sistem nicely. Get'r done Kenny!

Living where I do and living with a BJ fan, I take issue with Rick Nash's hustle. He's constantly lackadaisically skating around unless of course there's a scoring chance and then he turns on the jets. Otherwise, it's floating in circles around the ice and an apparent allergy to backchecking.

Maybe being part of the Wings and the expectations that comes with it would change his work ethic. I'd like to think it would. But I fear we could be giving up a lot for a clearly more talented, yet much higher paid Robert Lang.

Look at the team he was on and how they were performing. I'd be cheery picking if I'm Nash. Change is best for both parties. Either way the jackets will look good when they do trade off Nash. Yakopov is gonna be a star. A smaller version of oveckin. And all those other first rd picks. Sadly the wings do not have the assets to land Nash unless it's a three player trade and we give up someone big.

What do you guys think of Jarret Stoll? He is having a terrible year offensively but he is a gritty guy who has some size and throws his weight around a bit, plays on the PK and is an excellent faceoff guy. He has scored 20 goals in this league a few times and I think he could find his offensive game here and would fit right into the system and strengthen the PK. Did i mention he is also a right handed shot and played the point on the PP with the Oilers?

Since he is having a down year and is a UFA I think he could be had really cheap and I haven't heard his name mentioned at all. This would be a classic Kenny trade IMO and Kenny has dealt with LA in the past.

What do you guys think of Jarret Stoll? He is having a terrible year offensively but he is a gritty guy who has some size and throws his weight around a bit, plays on the PK and is an excellent faceoff guy. He has scored 20 goals in this league a few times and I think he could find his offensive game here and would fit right into the system and strengthen the PK. Did i mention he is also a right handed shot and played the point on the PP with the Oilers?

Since he is having a down year and is a UFA I think he could be had really cheap and I haven't heard his name mentioned at all. This would be a classic Kenny trade IMO and Kenny has dealt with LA in the past.

I think he'd be a good addition, and I've mentioned him before, but I think LA would want a scorer for him. If we could get him cheap though (like a 3rd + lower prospect) I'd be all for it.

I think he'd be a good addition, and I've mentioned him before, but I think LA would want a scorer for him. If we could get him cheap though (like a 3rd + lower prospect) I'd be all for it.

Agreed.

I dont' know who the Wings would give up that LA would want. The Kings desperately need goal scoring.

Holland expects some form of action on Monday. Whether a deal goes down or not is another story.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/02/red_wings_ken_holland_no_trade.html

Holland expects to be fielding calls from general managers on Sunday and Monday.

“We'll be bunkered in there Monday morning, the phones will be ringing,'' Holland said. “I think things will be happening.''

Guest Crymson

Grabovski's really good, isn't it? Toronto isn't going to trade him.

Burke is a buyer right now. He's made that clear.

i have a feeling that holland is going to work on getting a sniper, but just no one we know of.

think first/second tier type, low place team.

parenteau

pominville

gagner

chimera

semin

grabovski

vanek

I am curious with all the space available, to see what Holland will do. It's been some time since there is more than just a little wiggle room at this time of year.

Edited by miller76